Is this illegal?

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
xara

Is this illegal?

Post by xara »

Eating dog meat in England?
Oscar Namechange

Is this illegal?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

xara;1390249 wrote: Eating dog meat in England?

Do you mean eating the flesh of a canine or eating the canine's dinner?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Is this illegal?

Yes, It's legal

Dog Meat Promoted at UK Famers Markets: Labrador steaks, Beagle chops, leg of Greyhound … « Our Compass
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
xara

Is this illegal?

Post by xara »

The first kind, and it was a serious question.
Oscar Namechange

Is this illegal?

xara;1390254 wrote: The first kind, and it was a serious question.

Then see the link I posted you In my second post.
xara

Is this illegal?

Post by xara »

oscar;1390258 wrote: Then see the link I posted you In my second post.

It's not real. It's a joke.
Lon

Is this illegal?

Post by Lon »

I could go for some Poodle Pudding.
Snooz

Is this illegal?

Post by Snooz »

Oh my god.

Online Dog Meat Butcher, Buy Dog Meat Online, Puppy Beef

On April 20th 1992, PuppyBeef International Meats was formed. Two years later we opened our sister butchery KittyBeef who provides premium cat meat to a very select clientele. At first we were a small company with only a select group of clients. Over the years we have vastly expanded, and now cater to the needs of clients in over 15 countries. Even though we have quickly grown in size, we still respect the individual needs of each customer, and this is one of may reasons we have been so successful. Every step of the way we have paid close attention to the quality of our products, and the satisfaction of our customers. Now that we have opened this website, we will be able to better help our customers all over the world. I would like to thank all of our long term clients, who have supported our endeavors over the last 9 years. And thanks for stopping by our website.

Yuen Xi

President, Puppy Beef and Kitty Beef International Meats.

We have 3 main locations in the United States. Each helps to deliver our products to a select geographical area. Each division delivers to one of 3 sections of the United States, Eastern, Central, or Western. Below you will find information about each of our 3 main divisions.

We also have 6 new gourmet butcheries which have opened in Korea, China, Japan, Indonesia and Eastern Europe.
xara

Is this illegal?

Post by xara »

SnoozeAgain;1390270 wrote: Oh my god.

Online Dog Meat Butcher, Buy Dog Meat Online, Puppy Beef

Aw, it's American.

In the recipe section they could have left the dog face off
Snooz

Is this illegal?

Post by Snooz »

I had a link almost in hand for what looked like UK sellers of dog meat and I got completely sidetracked when I saw "Kittybeef".
xara

Is this illegal?

Post by xara »

Beer Roasted Cat

1 cat cut into roast

1 can of fc.uking Cream of Mushroom soup

1 cube of beef bouillon

1 clove of garlic

1 Fine Irish Stout, like Guinness

:confused:
Snooz

Is this illegal?

Post by Snooz »

I'm not sure they sell cans of fc.uking Cream of Mushroom soup here, this is Utah after all.
xara

Is this illegal?

Post by xara »

I thought that'd be the one place you can sell it :rolleyes:
spot

Is this illegal?

Post by spot »

I'm quite sure it's illegal to sell dead dog joints for human consumption. It's also illegal to kill a dog yourself inhumanely. If you avoid both those traps I suspect you can legally consume dog and serve it to your guests at home whenever you're inclined. And cat and fox, come to that, but not any form of wild bird because killing it's illegal so seagull is definitely off the menu. Wild doves and pigeons and blackbirds, no - farmed pigeon possibly. I'm not sure about pigeon.

I could try looking it up if you like. In Blackstone, probably. I thought it might be more fun to go out on a limb and guess first.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
xara

Is this illegal?

Post by xara »

spot;1390287 wrote:

I could try looking it up if you like.

That'd be helpful thanks.

If it were legal I thought they might sell it in China Town. Since it's most popular in East Asia.
Bruv

Is this illegal?

Post by Bruv »

spot;1390287 wrote: I'm quite sure it's illegal to sell dead dog joints for human consumption.

............I thought it might be more fun to go out on a limb and guess first.

If the healthy animal was slaughtered properly what other possible prohibition could there be, other than outcry from the public ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

Is this illegal?

Post by spot »

xara;1390288 wrote: That'd be helpful thanks.

If it were legal I thought they might sell it in China Town. Since it's most popular in East Asia.

I bring this to your attention in passing, not as relevant but as a "there's a job I never applied for"...(2) No person shall sell or offer for sale for human consumption [...] (d)fresh meat from uncastrated male swine of a carcase weight (excluding the limbs at the carpus and tarsus and the head) exceeding 80 kgs unless (i)an inspector has tested such meat for pronounced sexual odours and declared it not to have such odours

The Fresh Meat (Hygiene and Inspection) Regulations 1992 No. 2037 PART IV Regulation 14

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Is this illegal?

Post by spot »

xara;1390288 wrote: That'd be helpful thanks.

Right, there's a list in the same act of what meat can be offered for sale for human consumption.

General Conditions 14.—(1) No person shall, at any time on or after 1st January 1993, sell or offer for sale for human consumption any fresh meat unless (a)it has been obtained from licensed premises which are supervised in accordance with regulation 8 above; [or it's a farmed game animal, which a dog isn't]

and Interpretation 2.—(1) In these Regulations, unless the context otherwise requires— [...] “animals” means the following food sources namely—

(a)domestic animals of the following species: bovine animals (including buffalo of the species Bubalus bubalis and Bison bison), swine, sheep, goats and solipeds[+]; and (b)farmed game;So perhaps it's legal to kill a dog for personal consumption, I've seen nothing to say otherwise, but it's not legal to sell dog meat because you can only sell meat slaughtered on licensed premises (or farmed game), and the list of what licensed premises can slaughter excludes dogs.

Fish and birds appear not to be meat. I expect meat's a technical term.

[+]: "soliped" is a euphemism for horse, unless we've taken to eating Tapirs and Rhinos.
Bruv

Is this illegal?

Post by Bruv »

Just to keep this topic on the boil.......

A few Recipes

Lemon Grass Dog

The comments are more interesting than the recipe itself.

Where to buy dog meat in UK

Comments are the highlight again.........now we know why dog meat is not eaten here.
xara

Is this illegal?

Post by xara »

spot;1390293 wrote: Right, there's a list in the same act of what meat can be offered for sale for human consumption.

General Conditions 14.—(1) No person shall, at any time on or after 1st January 1993, sell or offer for sale for human consumption any fresh meat unless (a)it has been obtained from licensed premises which are supervised in accordance with regulation 8 above; [or it's a farmed game animal, which a dog isn't]

and Interpretation 2.—(1) In these Regulations, unless the context otherwise requires— [...] “animals” means the following food sources namely—

(a)domestic animals of the following species: bovine animals (including buffalo of the species Bubalus bubalis and Bison bison), swine, sheep, goats and solipeds[+]; and (b)farmed game;So perhaps it's legal to kill a dog for personal consumption, I've seen nothing to say otherwise, but it's not legal to sell dog meat because you can only sell meat slaughtered on licensed premises (or farmed game), and the list of what licensed premises can slaughter excludes dogs.

Fish and birds appear not to be meat. I expect meat's a technical term.

[+]: "soliped" is a euphemism for horse, unless we've taken to eating Tapirs and Rhinos.

Ok, so to eat if you have to kill it yourself. Thanks.
xara

Is this illegal?

Post by xara »

Bruv;1390297 wrote: Just to keep this topic on the boil.......

A few Recipes

Lemon Grass Dog

The comments are more interesting than the recipe itself.

Where to buy dog meat in UK

Comments are the highlight again.........now we know why dog meat is not eaten here.

Glad I didn't get any comments like that for my question :wah:
spot

Is this illegal?

Post by spot »

xara;1390337 wrote: Ok, so to eat if you have to kill it yourself. Thanks.

With kindness, xara. To you it's just a main course but it quite probably likes you. If you can smash a claw hammer into its forehead before it knows your intentions that's ideal, none of this namby-pamby stab it a few times stuff. And make sure you video the killing so the RSPCA can't get antsy after the event, you need proof that it went out like a smashed lightbulb.
xara

Is this illegal?

Post by xara »

spot;1390341 wrote: With kindness, xara. To you it's just a main course but it quite probably likes you. If you can smash a claw hammer into its forehead before it knows your intentions that's ideal, none of this namby-pamby stab it a few times stuff. And make sure you video the killing so the RSPCA can't get antsy after the event, you need proof that it went out like a smashed lightbulb.

I wouldn't eat a pet. I have some civility.
spot

Is this illegal?

Post by spot »

xara;1390350 wrote: I wouldn't eat a pet. I have some civility.

It would transform you from a pet-keeper into a civilized person who doesn't keep pets. At least bear it in mind as an option.
xara

Is this illegal?

Post by xara »

spot;1390355 wrote: It would transform you from a pet-keeper into a civilized person who doesn't keep pets. At least bear it in mind as an option.

Didn't realise you were a bleeding heart.
spot

Is this illegal?

Post by spot »

xara;1390358 wrote: Didn't realise you were a bleeding heart.

I am?

Neither did I.

eta: I looked...bleeding-heart

Considered to be over-sympathetic to the supposed plight of the underprivileged or exploited.

That's me alright. I'm not sure what it has to do with pet ownership though.
xara

Is this illegal?

Post by xara »

spot;1390360 wrote: I am?

Neither did I.

eta: I looked...bleeding-heart

Considered to be over-sympathetic to the supposed plight of the underprivileged or exploited.

That's me alright. I'm not sure what it has to do with pet ownership though.

bleeding heart

n

Informal

a. a person who is excessively softhearted
spot

Is this illegal?

Post by spot »

xara;1390365 wrote: a person who is excessively softhearted
As in "all domesticated lifeforms should be exterminated". Good call.
xara

Is this illegal?

Post by xara »

spot;1390374 wrote: As in "all domesticated lifeforms should be exterminated". Good call.

Exterminated or set free?
spot

Is this illegal?

Post by spot »

xara;1390386 wrote: Exterminated or set free?
I meant exactly what I wrote, thank you.
xara

Is this illegal?

Post by xara »

spot;1390388 wrote: I meant exactly what I wrote, thank you.

What's your problem with 'domesticated lifeforms'?
spot

Is this illegal?

Post by spot »

xara;1390390 wrote: What's your problem with 'domesticated lifeforms'?

They can pollute wild populations through cross-breeding. Their habitat - mainly farms - reduces the space available to wildlife. On a more practical level, their fecal traces induce blindness and disease among children who could otherwise play outdoors in safety. I think that sums up my main concerns.
xara

Is this illegal?

Post by xara »

spot;1390392 wrote: They can pollute wild populations through cross-breeding. Their habitat - mainly farms - reduces the space available to wildlife. On a more practical level, their fecal traces induce blindness and disease among children who could otherwise play outdoors in safety. I think that sums up my main concerns.

Is that all pets?
spot

Is this illegal?

Post by spot »

xara;1390395 wrote: Is that all pets?

I'd have thought most domesticated lifeforms weren't pets. Most are crops. Some are farm animals. Some are cultivated garden plants. Some are pets.

The pets whose fecal traces cause blindness are mostly dogs. Pets which are imported from other continents might naturally be unable to pollute wild populations through cross-breeding since we have no wild population. On the other hand there are no European wildcat populations safe from cross-breeding domesticated cats and, few though they may now be, I place a greater absolute value on the remaining European wildcats than I do on Europe's domesticated cat population. As for dogs I consider them more detrimental to the environment than vermin.
xara

Is this illegal?

Post by xara »

So, you want to exterminate 'domesticated lifeforms' because of something that has happened to them through no choice of their own.

As for 'I consider them more detrimental to the environment than vermin' I think people are the most detrimental to the environment - maybe we should exterminate them.
spot

Is this illegal?

Post by spot »

I don't think this planet is capable of supporting more than a million humans sustainably. The choice is between cutting back to that number and staying here indefinitely or spreading to other planets while wearing this one out. I reckon the second option is safer.

As for domesticated lifeforms, they're aberrations.
Ahso!

Is this illegal?

Post by Ahso! »

xara;1390417 wrote: So, you want to exterminate 'domesticated lifeforms' because of something that has happened to them through no choice of their own.There's actually a fairly popular opinion around here that domestication is exactly what some animal species intended to happen so that their particular breeds would survive. Give that one a go if you can stand wild rides.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
xara

Is this illegal?

Post by xara »

spot;1390433 wrote: I don't think this planet is capable of supporting more than a million humans sustainably. The choice is between cutting back to that number and staying here indefinitely or spreading to other planets while wearing this one out. I reckon the second option is safer.

Yes, because that's realistic :thinking:

If there's one thing people do and do well, from the beginning of their existence, it's cause destruction. Since culling people is undesirable it is not something which will change. Even if people are (can't believe I'm going to say this) moved to another planet(s) they will just do what they've done to this one.
Oscar Namechange

Is this illegal?

xara;1390445 wrote: Yes, because that's realistic :thinking:

If there's one thing people do and do well, from the beginning of their existence, it's cause destruction. Since culling people is undesirable it is not something which will change. Even if people are (can't believe I'm going to say this) moved to another planet(s) they will just do what they've done to this one.

You're right.... The biggest virus on Earth Is man.

When you look at many extinct species, It has little to do with 'Designer Dogs' or cats or domesticated farm animals,

For eg... The UK has never had a true wild species of cattle or sheep for designer farm stock to thin out the gene pool. Neither has the UK ever had a wild dog for domesticated dogs to thin out the gene pool. Yes, we had Wolves but why did they become extinct here? The usual problems for Wolves such as In territory fighting an disease but they were hunted to extinction by man. Then, man began to take Wolf cubs and rear them to protect their settlements and ward off Intruders... thus, your domesticated dog was borne.

When you look at true wild dogs, for example the wild dog of The Savannah, where there are no designer dogs to thin out the gene pool, the packs never Increase In numbers. In fact, I read a report very recently that they were on the decline.... why ??? Man Is hunting them....
Bruv

Is this illegal?

Post by Bruv »

Ahso!;1390442 wrote: There's actually a fairly popular opinion around here that domestication is exactly what some animal species intended to happen so that their particular breeds would survive. Give that one a go if you can stand wild rides.

Not quite right.......but keep on re-reading what was said and you might get it.
spot

Is this illegal?

Post by spot »

I don't believe I implied that people should be "culled". Reducing world population to a million over a period of, say, a couple of hundred years, ought to be a simple matter that involves killing nobody.
Bruv

Is this illegal?

Post by Bruv »

spot;1390341 wrote: With kindness, xara. To you it's just a main course but it quite probably likes you. If you can smash a claw hammer into its forehead before it knows your intentions that's ideal, none of this namby-pamby stab it a few times stuff. And make sure you video the killing so the RSPCA can't get antsy after the event, you need proof that it went out like a smashed lightbulb.

With compassion and swiftly.......Ideally an ice pick or something similar between the eyes with one blow. A single incisive blow, no smashing explosive residue then to spoil the decor. No video required just offer to show them the procedure should they enquire.
spot

Is this illegal?

Post by spot »

On... another... dog. I can really see that exciting an RSPCA officer, he'll not get offers like that every day of the week.

I had it in mind that smashing its forebrain would allow the heart to keep beating long enough to pump all the blood out of a major artery. Perhaps I was being too slaughtery.
Bruv

Is this illegal?

Post by Bruv »

spot;1390519 wrote: On... another... dog. I can really see that exciting an RSPCA officer, he'll not get offers like that every day of the week.

Or any 'domesticated life form'

I am sure the RSPCA are more than used to dispatching a variety of such life forms and others.
spot

Is this illegal?

Post by spot »

Bruv;1390520 wrote: Or any 'domesticated life form'

I am sure the RSPCA are more than used to dispatching a variety of such life forms and others.

Watching "A Private Function" was where I went wrong.
xara

Is this illegal?

Post by xara »

spot;1390517 wrote: I don't believe I implied that people should be "culled". Reducing world population to a million over a period of, say, a couple of hundred years, ought to be a simple matter that involves killing nobody.

It was my statement, never said/believed it was something you implied.

And it is never a simple matter. You cannot reduce the world population because there is no guarantee that a) people would listen b) if you tried to legally implement a change, you cannot guarantee all countries in the world would follow. One country changing is not enough. Even if a country/some countries did this, people may just move to where they have more freedom. People will do what they want to do and will find a way to do it. There are too many variables that cannot be controlled for.

Sending people to other planets? Reducing the population? You're living in a dream world.

'a simple matter that involves killing nobody' I still don't understand why you prefer to 'exterminate' something that causes less harm than people and all they get is a 'reduction in population'. To me it would make more sense to exterminate that which causes most harm and let the others be. Your view is illogical.
spot

Is this illegal?

Post by spot »

I've no idea what you think NASA's been spending all that money on since the fifties. We're headed out of the solar system, all that's still unknown is the time frame.

Reducing the human population has been discussed since the mid-nineteenth century. As to how to bring it down by a factor of a thousand in just a couple of hundred years, I'd have thought an infection inducing sterility and otherwise harmless would be both ideally suited and well within the capability of a research department in the next couple of decades. I doubt whether anyone will ask permission before spreading it.

What does that leave us with... exterminating all the man-made genetic mutants which infest our farms and homes. All those domesticated lifeforms. I know no other way of setting aside sufficient natural resources to conserve the planet's gene pool. It takes room, and farming consumes room. It takes a level playing field and the domesticated forms have in general been made more successful in the environment we've provided them with. Both the environment and the mutant forms have to go in order that the million-times-larger gene pool has a chance of rebalancing itself and staying alive.
Oscar Namechange

Is this illegal?

spot;1390607 wrote:

That's a contradiction...

By eliminating farm stock you are removing the source food for the existing population.

By sending folks off to Inhabit new planets will only see the exact same conditions as Earth within a few thousand years. In fact, rather than your fantasy of Inhabiting new planets, how about some scientists theories that planets such as Mars Already had man on them billions of years ago and man ultimately reduced the planet to a pile of rubble which If there Is a nucleur war on Earth, the same will apply.

The answer to world over-population Is Investment Into area's outside of the towns and cities where there are vast expanses of land and few Inhabitants.
Bruv

Is this illegal?

Post by Bruv »

xara;1390594 wrote:

Reducing the population? You're living in a dream world.

Your view is illogical.

No........it is logical.

It's just not human or credible
fuzzywuzzy

Is this illegal?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

spot;1390292 wrote: I bring this to your attention in passing, not as relevant but as a "there's a job I never applied for"...(2) No person shall sell or offer for sale for human consumption [...] (d)fresh meat from uncastrated male swine of a carcase weight (excluding the limbs at the carpus and tarsus and the head) exceeding 80 kgs unless (i)an inspector has tested such meat for pronounced sexual odours and declared it not to have such odours

The Fresh Meat (Hygiene and Inspection) Regulations 1992 No. 2037 PART IV Regulation 14

yeah that's right .... I had my boar tested at slaughter for signs of sexual activity. Once the hormones start it changes the meat completely. i didn't castrate him (bad bad megan)

Return to “Pets Animals”