Jock and Salome give birth to baby Lowland at Bristol Zoo Yesterday.

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

New gorilla baby at Bristol Zoo: Salome affectionately cradles her newborn | Mail Online

I am so fortunate that I live a few miles from their enclosure. We hope to get there In the next few weeks to see If we can get some pictures.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
theia

Post by theia »

That is so beautiful to see :-6
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Oscar Namechange

theia;1371289 wrote: That is so beautiful to see :-6 I can't believe she's taken him outside already.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Wow Julie.....A new baby. How exciting for Salome..

I really gave up this summer trying to view the gorilla house because of the poorly aimed cameras. I've really missed the gorillas...used to watch them almost every day.

I thought that Salome and Jock only had Komale together and now the new baby. Was there a 3rd baby that they had?????

Oh, I could cry looking at those pics of Salome and baby. What gorgeous gorillas they are. I love, love, love them :-4:-4:-4 Salome loves her babies, doesn't she!
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, that is such wonderful news! What great pics!
spot

Post by spot »

I was there on Monday and Tuesday - and coated in mud too, the grass is horribly torn up from so many people visiting a brief Plastic-Gorilla photo-op after last week's rain - but before there was any public baby display as far as I know. The zoo's bred new seals and a pair of Asiatic lion cubs in the last couple of months too.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

spot;1371459 wrote: I was there on Monday and Tuesday - and coated in mud too, the grass is horribly torn up from so many people visiting a brief Plastic-Gorilla photo-op after last week's rain - but before there was any public baby display as far as I know. The zoo's bred new seals and a pair of Asiatic lion cubs in the last couple of months too.

Amateur video of mum and new baby at 10 minutes old.

Baby gorilla at Bristol Zoo - 10 minutes old! - YouTube
Oscar Namechange

Cute! Lion cubs birth at Bristol Zoo 2011 - YouTube

Lion cubs being born In the enclosure at Bristol zoo this year
Oscar Namechange

Meerkats, Meerkat Lookout, Bristol Zoo (17th March 2011) - YouTube

Baby Meerkats born this year at Bristol Zoo
Oscar Namechange

Asiatic Lioness and Lion Cubs, Bristol Zoo (8th April 2011) - YouTube

Asiatic Lion Cubs born this year Bristol Zoo
spot

Post by spot »

The new arrival wasn't on show this morning but Jock had a look on his face that I instantly recognized: contemplating the responsibilities of parenthood.

Attached files
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

spot;1371561 wrote: The new arrival wasn't on show this morning but Jock had a look on his face that I instantly recognized: contemplating the responsibilities of parenthood. Fabulous picture Spot... he looks so mean and moody but from what I have seen of Jock, If there was a caption for this, It would be.... 'There's no way that whippersnapper Is getting the food first'.
theia

Post by theia »

A short film of mum and babe on The One Show :-6
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Oscar Namechange

theia;1371590 wrote: A short film of mum and babe on The One Show :-6

Missed It..... Bugger :mad:
Oscar Namechange

Bristol Zoo's baby gorilla is named Kukena, meaning 'to love' | This is Bristol

The new baby has been named Kukena. The meaning Is ' To Love' although as yet, the sex of the new baby Is unknown.
spot

Post by spot »

We got to see mother and child on Tuesday. Small would be a fair description as regards the younger of the two. They were lying on a hay-bale, apparently asleep though Salome definitely peeked when Jock looked round the corner at them.
Oscar Namechange

spot;1371847 wrote: We got to see mother and child on Tuesday. Small would be a fair description as regards the younger of the two. They were lying on a hay-bale, apparently asleep though Salome definitely peeked when Jock looked round the corner at them.

Lucky You !!!! :D

I am hoping to get down there asap myself... I'll meet you for coffee In the Cafe :wah:

I'll be wearing black with a pink rose In my hair.
spot

Post by spot »

oscar;1371848 wrote: I'll be wearing black with a pink rose In my hair.I'm irresistibly reminded of Lehrer: "I envy the rose that you held in your teeth, love, with the thorns underneath, love, sticking into your gums". It's the double whammy involved in the single image. It might well run to three if the cafe's coffee is as I would expect it to be.
Oscar Namechange

spot;1371854 wrote: I'm irresistibly reminded of Lehrer: "I envy the rose that you held in your teeth, love, with the thorns underneath, love, sticking into your gums". It's the double whammy involved in the single image. It might well run to three if the cafe's coffee is as I would expect it to be. :wah:

Sadly, the coffee Is as one would Imagine In the cafe.
spot

Post by spot »

The approach of Spring is focusing the Zoo's attention on the fecund nature of some of the inhabitants. Here's a recent Meerkat. They've bred a sloth too though even I did that once or twice in my younger days.

Attached files

Return to “Pets Animals”