Mulder's gone Mutton..

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Oscar Namechange

Mulder's gone Mutton..

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Here we go again... back to all manner of silly hand signals.

We suspected that Mulder was going deaf although he can spot some left over cat food a mile away.

Today at the vet's there was no sigh of wax build up or other problems such as ear mites... just old age creeping up on him.

Today was very simple tests such as clapping hands behind him... not a flicker.

I tried the ultimate test of standing behind him and saying the word that usually sends him Into a frenzy... WALK

He's going back to the vets Monday where he'll spend the day, which he won't like one bit having further tests to see how severe the deafness Is.

I posted a thread recently because he had been acting very weird, growling a lot and this may be the explanation we were looking for.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Lon

Mulder's gone Mutton..

Post by Lon »

oscar;1370702 wrote: Here we go again... back to all manner of silly hand signals.

We suspected that Mulder was going deaf although he can spot some left over cat food a mile away.

Today at the vet's there was no sigh of wax build up or other problems such as ear mites... just old age creeping up on him.

Today was very simple tests such as clapping hands behind him... not a flicker.

I tried the ultimate test of standing behind him and saying the word that usually sends him Into a frenzy... WALK

He's going back to the vets Monday where he'll spend the day, which he won't like one bit having further tests to see how severe the deafness Is.

I posted a thread recently because he had been acting very weird, growling a lot and this may be the explanation we were looking for.

After he spends the whole day at the Vet to determine just how deaf he is, what's the next step? Let's say he has a 90% hearing loss, then what? Cochlear Implants/Hearing Aids? :-2
Oscar Namechange

Mulder's gone Mutton..

Post by Oscar Namechange »

If he was a younger dog Lon, It would be well worth the Investment but at 14 years old which Is a good age for a dog anyway, I think he would be more comfortable being left to It.

The other tests he's having Monday Is also to make sure there's no serious problem In the ear canal etc and they are going to take some brain fluid just to be sure.

I have had a stone deaf dog before, my Beagle. All communication with her was through hand signals and some silly one's at that. Little things have to be observed also such as not coming up behind them.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “Pets Animals”