Rescued fawn

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Snooz

Rescued fawn

Post by Snooz »

From an email I just got... and it made me a little weepy. :o

On the Morning of May 18th 2011, my wife noticed a deer in our yard that appeared to be frantically looking for something in the rocks that form a wall on our property line in... Brush Prairie WA .

When we first went out with our neighbors, we didn't see anything, but the deer wouldn't leave our yard.

We went back to our house and watched, after a few minutes the deer came back.

We went out to the area the deer was concentrating on and could hear a baby fawn crying in the rocks.

We moved some of the rocks and smaller boulders and saw a baby fawn's face among the rocks.

He had apparently fallen into a crawl-through in one of the gaps and was now trapped.

The larger boulders were too heavy to move and we didn't want to have the rocks cave in on the baby deer.

We finally called our Clark County Fire District 3. The B Shift team came out and they were able to move the larger rocks out of the way with the Jaws of Life; enough to be able to reach in and pull the baby fawn out and reunited it with its momma.

The fawn was probably stuck in there most of the night and quickly went to nurse off its momma.

One of our neighbors took some video clips of the fire department's rescue. I edited the clips into this short clip.

After sharing it with some friends they thought that it was just too cute not to share with more people so my neighbors agreed to let me upload the final clip.

Fawn gets rescued.
Odie

Rescued fawn

Post by Odie »

SnoozeAgain;1366420 wrote: From an email I just got... and it made me a little weepy. :o

On the Morning of May 18th 2011, my wife noticed a deer in our yard that appeared to be frantically looking for something in the rocks that form a wall on our property line in... Brush Prairie WA .

When we first went out with our neighbors, we didn't see anything, but the deer wouldn't leave our yard.

We went back to our house and watched, after a few minutes the deer came back.

We went out to the area the deer was concentrating on and could hear a baby fawn crying in the rocks.

We moved some of the rocks and smaller boulders and saw a baby fawn's face among the rocks.

He had apparently fallen into a crawl-through in one of the gaps and was now trapped.

The larger boulders were too heavy to move and we didn't want to have the rocks cave in on the baby deer.

We finally called our Clark County Fire District 3. The B Shift team came out and they were able to move the larger rocks out of the way with the Jaws of Life; enough to be able to reach in and pull the baby fawn out and reunited it with its momma.

The fawn was probably stuck in there most of the night and quickly went to nurse off its momma.

One of our neighbors took some video clips of the fire department's rescue. I edited the clips into this short clip.

After sharing it with some friends they thought that it was just too cute not to share with more people so my neighbors agreed to let me upload the final clip.

Fawn gets rescued.

and yet again someone keeps deleting my posts here and I said nothing wrong.:mad::mad:

Your video as I said before just shows how much that fawn loves loves her mother, as she is is quite big with tons of beautiful fur & looks very content.

thank you for sharing:-6
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

Rescued fawn

Post by Oscar Namechange »

That's lovely Snooze.

A couple of years ago I wish out fishing with my husband near Bath In the middle of a nature reserve with beautiful surrounding countryside. I took myself off with one of my dogs for a yomp and heard a Kerffufle going on In a hedge row, There was an adult Mother and a young Muntiacus reeves trapped In the wire seperating the hedgerow. I waded In through the brambles ans stinging nettles getting quite badly scratched In the process and freed the fawn, only to be rewarded by being laid up for 4 days In bed. As she broke free of the wire, she leapt up and kicked me right In the stomach. She never even shot me a passing glance to say Thank You.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Rescued fawn

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1366429 wrote: That's lovely Snooze.

A couple of years ago I wish out fishing with my husband near Bath In the middle of a nature reserve with beautiful surrounding countryside. I took myself off with one of my dogs for a yomp and heard a Kerffufle going on In a hedge row, There was an adult Mother and a young Muntiacus reeves trapped In the wire seperating the hedgerow. I waded In through the brambles ans stinging nettles getting quite badly scratched In the process and freed the fawn, only to be rewarded by being laid up for 4 days In bed. As she broke free of the wire, she leapt up and kicked me right In the stomach. She never even shot me a passing glance to say Thank You.

Oh Deer.......somebody had to say it
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

Rescued fawn

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Bruv;1366430 wrote: Oh Deer.......somebody had to say it That's the last time I fawn over you.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Lon

Rescued fawn

Post by Lon »

Outstanding human interest video clip.
Kathy Ellen

Rescued fawn

Post by Kathy Ellen »

That was absolutely beautiful Snooze...does the heart good!!

Thanks for posting this video!...Makes for a nice day.

Return to “Pets Animals”