Gorillas walk on their hind legs...

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

These silverback gorillas are so lovely! They just amaze me with their intelligence and the wee ones have such playful ways.

Walk like a man: Gorilla strolls on hind legs - Technology & science - Science - msnbc.com

ZAP

Post by ZAP »

Coincidentaly, I just watched Gorillas In The Mist a couple of days ago. Amazing woman, Dian Fossey. Wonderful movie!
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

So very cool I understand he isn't the first one in his family to walk like this. Maybe he could teach Jock how to walk upright. :)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

CARLA;1352187 wrote: So very cool I understand he isn't the first one in his family to walk like this. Maybe he could teach Jock how to walk upright. :)

Hi Zap and Carla,

Yes, I loved gorillas in the mist and must watch it again.

Carla, I'm so tired of the Bristol Zoo not fixing their web cams. I've asked them so many times, to no avail, and have just given up.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

That is such a cool story!
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

chonsigirl;1352191 wrote: That is such a cool story!

yeah real Cool.

Try to keep this away from the Science disproves evolution or other evolution vs creation threads as it most likely will cause uproar.
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

Gorillas have always walked upright, they simply prefer all fours for physical reasons. I watched the second video and he may be doing it to make himself look bigger. If you notice in the second video there are 2 other gorillas closing in on him. It could be politics.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Cool and startling video, Kathy. Made me think of this old song:

Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Return to “Pets Animals”