The Missing Birds

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
chonsigirl

The Missing Birds

Post by chonsigirl »

I went to clean the little zebra finches cage after dinner, and they are gone! Two little birdies! Not an open door on the cage, or a feather in site. (in case the cat snuck into the room, but he never goes in there, and there are two birds missing!)

I questioned my husband-he says he didn't go in there, and the cage is all nice and clean like this morning. (he said that about the bunnies once, while the cage was sitting there all crushed....:confused:)

Looked in the room and closet and everywhere, the kids are freaked out they just disappeared. Where would they go? I left the door open on their cage, maybe they will fly back in again?
CARLA

The Missing Birds

Post by CARLA »

so sorry Chonsigirl I hope you find them soon. :(
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

koan

The Missing Birds

Post by koan »

Did your husband eat much at dinner or did he seem to have had an appetizer already?

If you find them I hope they're still chirping. If not, you could get a talking bird and teach it to say "touch me and I'll tell on you"
chonsigirl

The Missing Birds

Post by chonsigirl »

I found one, by the window. She is gone. I am looking for the other one, someone must have let them out or I forgot to close the little door completely when feeding them. :-1
spot

The Missing Birds

Post by spot »

That's very sad, it's hard to keep something that delicate.

I'm never quite sure how much empathy I'd feel for a fish or a bird if I lived with one. Neither seem anything like so easy to get on with as another mammal. Did those two seem much interested in you, Chonsi?

I hesitate to suggest that a pair of tortoises would stand less chance of getting out of the room but.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
chonsigirl

The Missing Birds

Post by chonsigirl »

They were like wild little birds, but cheeped and were interested in me as caretaker. It was more love on my side then theirs, but then, I have always loved little critters.

Now my older lovebird, Marvin, has a very interactive relationship with us all. He is very old now and slowly going, sleeps much more than he used to but is still alert about half the day. He waits for us to come home, then wakes up.(he used to come out and fly around all the time, and sit with us and do things-move the game pieces on the board, he says "thank you" when given snacks, stuff like that) All the animals wait for me to come home from work-cat sleeps until I get there, wakes up and cries, bunnies start jumping around waiting to be let out. My husband laughs and watches the antics.

But that is the way it has always been for me since a child, the critters still follow me around and we have a nice time. (you never take me to the zoo, the animals wait for me-and when I was younger I always fed them all when the keepers were not looking, and now I stand and talk to them as they wait for me, but do not feed them since I am probably on a field trip, and the kids would do it too-and they might get hurt, animals act differently around individuals)
binbag

The Missing Birds

Post by binbag »

What a shame chonsigirl. Why not replace the poor little things, you'd be surprised how quickly you would become attached to them and they to you, more so, as you have a bond with creatures.
[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
ZAP

The Missing Birds

Post by ZAP »

That is so sad, Chonsi. I'm sorry. You sound like my youngest daughter. Her love of animals kept our homes in a menagerie-like state at all times. One of my favorite photos of her is when she was about 14, sitting with Pretty Bird, the cockatiel on her shoulder (probably whistling The Marine Hymn which I taught him) Merekitty, the cat on her lap and Corky the cockapoo gazing up at them in love and admiration. She was going to be a vet but decided on nursing instead.
koan

The Missing Birds

Post by koan »

aww. that sucks.

I've never had birds as pets so I only had the Tweety cartoon as a misleading idea of what their survival skills would be like.
Peg

The Missing Birds

Post by Peg »

People who have never owned a bird do not have a clue what they are missing out on. Birds can be as loving as any cat or dog.
koan

The Missing Birds

Post by koan »

Hopefully my attempt at humour early in this thread hasn't upset you, chonsi. At the time I actually thought you'd find them alive on a bookshelf tweeting "bad puddytat!"

Return to “Pets Animals”