Some-thing For Jazzy......

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

YouTube - Seabiscuit the racing legend

At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

I think You may have missed this Jazzy because I put It on late last night.

Actually.... For any US members, the second video is well worth a watch just to see how America was In 1938.... Fascinatng viewing for America.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

YouTube - In Memory of our Beloved Racehorses
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Thank you so much for this thread Oscar! What an American horse racing legend he was. He gave people hope during the Great Depression. Even after suffering a bad leg injury he came back when they didn't think he ever would race again. I have seen every movie made and even though they made me cry, he was just awesome to watch on the track. Again, thank you for this thread. :-4
Oscar Namechange

Jazzy;1331181 wrote: Thank you so much for this thread Oscar! What an American horse racing legend he was. He gave people hope during the Great Depression. Even after suffering a bad leg injury he came back when they didn't think he ever would race again. I have seen every movie made and even though they made me cry, he was just awesome to watch on the track. Again, thank you for this thread. :-4 You are very welcome.

He certainly was not the bookies favourite at that time especially In the head to head with War Admiral. I believe Seabiscuit Is still on record as being the fastest horse to run 6 furlongs and I don't believe there has been another who has beaten his timing.

I will take the time to check as we had a horse here In 1978 called 'Ubbedizzy' who broke all records for 6 furlongs. I will see If I can find his times In the archives and match them to Seabiscuit.

He was an Inspiration In 1938 as you rightly said, he gave the American people hope during the Great depression.

I was absolutely fascinated watching the second video at how America was In 1938 and the music.

I was astonished to find the viedeo on You Tube of the race between him and War Admiral from 1938... That footage Is 70 years old !!! And such clear footage as well !!!

Return to “Pets Animals”