Denman... Bookies Favourite to win 2011 Grand National..

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Although the Grand National is not until 10th April 2011, now Is the best time to get Brilliant Anti-Post prices for the big day,

At this very early stage In the game, I have already made my predictions from the line-up and my knowledge of the horses running.

When I follow a particular horse through his racing career, I must admit, seeing him entered for the Grand National fills me with apprehension for his safety. However, Denman has only ever fallen once In his entire racing career, Ironically at Aintree last April.

The Grand National Is a race that Is not about speed. It Is about stamina and the ability to remain on their feet. With up to 40 horses competing, one bad move from any horse can bring down the very best of jumpers.

Denman prefers heavy going and seems happiest running In a quagmire of mud and driving rain conditions that so many others do not fare well In.

At 11 years old, he will be competing against younger horses but Denman has not earned the 2 nick-names of 'The Tank' and 'Demolition Denman' by being a wimp. He certainly has the stamina to win this.

The Grand National is a world famous National Hunt horse race which is held at Aintree in the United Kingdom. It is a handicap chase comprising of thirty fences which is run over a distance of 4 miles and 856 yards and un-doubtably the most gruelling race In the national Hunt Calender.

The race is run over two circuits of Aintree's National Course, which is triangular in shape and on which there are sixteen fences. All, except The Chair and the Water-Jump, are jumped twice. Some fences are notorious for their severity, particularly Becher's Brook and The Chair, although in recent years Aintree authorities have worked in conjunction with animal welfare organisations to minimise the danger of the jumps while still preserving them as formidable obstacles.

The racing world for the past 5 years have been split In loyalties of the 2 stable mates, Denman and Kauto Star but even devotee's of Kauto will be rooting for Denman this year and their trainer Paul Nicholls. If Denmans Jockey McCoy Is on full form, I really can not see any-thing In the race that would touch him. However, Denman Is a dark horse, moody and Un-predictable, he may just decide to throw his Jockey on the day.

I will make my predictions In the next post and return after the race to see how they fared.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

A little taste of Denman carrying full Handicap weight.

YouTube - Denman - Hennessy Gold Cup Chase 2009, Courtesy of Channel 4 [HQ].mp4

My prediction..

1st..... Denman

2nd.... Tricky Trickster

3rd... Character Building

4th... Madison Du Berlais
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Current Odds

Denman 14/1
Oscar Namechange

After the racing calender seeing many with-drawals In Classic races, Denman connections have reiterated that The Mighty Denman WILL run In the 2011 Grand National on April 10th 2011.

All Bookmakers have placed him the firm favourite at 14/1 Anti Post.

We all love a bet on the National and It Is worth noting that Denman has only ever fallen once In his racing career after a blunder last April at Aintree. Also worth noting that Denman took his second Hennessy gold Cup carrying top handicap of 11/10 extra weight.

Denman also enjoys running In a quagmire of rain and mud unlike many of the entries who will be relying on good firm ground on the day.

I can see nothing to challenge him.
Oscar Namechange

YouTube - Cheltenham totesport Gold Cup 2008

Denman In the Gold Cup 2008

Return to “Pets Animals”