Sharks !!!!!!!!!!

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Kathy Ellen

Sharks !!!!!!!!!!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

:wah: Not only do we have 'shark week' on the "Weather Channel," but we also have sharks on our Noo Joisey beaches....oy vey:(

2 weeks ago we had two 5' sand sharks swimming about 60 ft. from shore, and they hung around for 2 weeks. Some people thought they were sick as sharks don't usually hang around in the same area for this long.

Now, on Friday, we had a 5' blue shark actually swim onto the beach. He seemed to be following the lure of a fisherman on the beach (He wasn't hooked by the lure, but following the fish caught by the fisherman), and then swam onto the beach. He then said hello, turned around and headed off to the deep waters of the sea. Blue sharks like cold, deep water. This is a first for us:wah:

I was told that the sharks are probably coming closer to shore due to the warmer waters and abundant schools of fish this summer. Surfers say that there are always sand sharks out there, but they don't come close to shore..They'll stay behind sandbars as that's where the fish congregate.

Here's 2 links.......

Outdoor Fun : Discussions : Seaside Shark -- Mom to Mom Forums Jersey Shore MomsLikeMe.com=

Blue shark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
chonsigirl

Sharks !!!!!!!!!!

Post by chonsigirl »

Wow, sharks in NJ!
Rapunzel

Sharks !!!!!!!!!!

Post by Rapunzel »

Are you at Seaside Park?

Is this your shark Kathy Ellen?

YouTube - Seaside Shark - July 30, 2010

Shark graph:

Kathy Ellen

Sharks !!!!!!!!!!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Rapunzel;1325791 wrote: Are you at Seaside Park?

Is this your shark Kathy Ellen?

YouTube - Seaside Shark - July 30, 2010

Hi Rap,

Welcome back. It's good to see you again in FG. I left a message in your welcome back thread...don't think you saw it.

Yes, that's our little shark...Haven't been to the beach since Sat. so don't know if the sharks are still around or not. Actually, the shark was on a beach further south of me.

It's a bit scary to have the sharks coming so close into shore, but I will still swim in the sea and try to be careful.

If you don't hear from me, I might be part of the sea's food chain:yh_rotfl
Odie

Sharks !!!!!!!!!!

Post by Odie »

YIKES!

that's just a little to close to home!:lips::yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Rapunzel

Sharks !!!!!!!!!!

Post by Rapunzel »

Kathy Ellen;1325798 wrote: Hi Rap,

Welcome back. It's good to see you again in FG. I left a message in your welcome back thread...don't think you saw it.

Yes, that's our little shark...Haven't been to the beach since Sat. so don't know if the sharks are still around or not. Actually, the shark was on a beach further south of me.

It's a bit scary to have the sharks coming so close into shore, but I will still swim in the sea and try to be careful.

If you don't hear from me, I might be part of the sea's food chain:yh_rotfl

Hiya KE,

it's lovely to see you again too. *waves*

No sorry, I didn't see your message...you musta snuck it in there ninja style when my back was turned. :wah:

Now WHY are you swimming in the sea, you silly sausage? :sneaky:

You're NOT supposed to be feeding the sharkies fish and chicks . . . it's not good for their digestion!

Leave them alone to eat sushi - they like it!

We need you here! STOP playing chase with the sharkies!

Take care hunni, hugs to you. :-4
Clodhopper

Sharks !!!!!!!!!!

Post by Clodhopper »

Mostly over here the sharks you see are Basking Sharks. They can be huuuuge, but are plankton feeders and harmless. I'm told off Cornwall we have Mako, Thresher and Blue sharks. But the interesting/scary one is the Great White. There are some hints that occasional ones are beginning to show up. No definite proof as yet. But apparently the water is within their temperature range, and there are plenty of seal for them to eat. I seem to remember seeing or hearing that the question among shark experts is not, "Are they here?" but "Why are they NOT here?"

eeeep.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
YZGI

Sharks !!!!!!!!!!

Post by YZGI »

Cool video.
along-for-the-ride

Sharks !!!!!!!!!!

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Kathy Ellen;1325784 wrote: :wah: Not only do we have 'shark week' on the "Weather Channel," but we also have sharks on our Noo Joisey beaches....oy vey:(

2 weeks ago we had two 5' sand sharks swimming about 60 ft. from shore, and they hung around for 2 weeks. Some people thought they were sick as sharks don't usually hang around in the same area for this long.

Now, on Friday, we had a 5' blue shark actually swim onto the beach. He seemed to be following the lure of a fisherman on the beach (He wasn't hooked by the lure, but following the fish caught by the fisherman), and then swam onto the beach. He then said hello, turned around and headed off to the deep waters of the sea. Blue sharks like cold, deep water. This is a first for us:wah:

I was told that the sharks are probably coming closer to shore due to the warmer waters and abundant schools of fish this summer. Surfers say that there are always sand sharks out there, but they don't come close to shore..They'll stay behind sandbars as that's where the fish congregate.

Here's 2 links.......

Outdoor Fun : Discussions : Seaside Shark -- Mom to Mom Forums Jersey Shore MomsLikeMe.com=

Blue shark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I do like those "Shark Week" commercials. Here's a link to one of them:

Jordan Boughrum Shark Week commercial for Discovery Channel on Vimeo

Please do be careful in the water, Kathy.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Return to “Pets Animals”