A thread for Oscar.... Kauto Star wins by a record distance

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Five minutes ago my wife Oscar would have seen her hero race horse kauto Star win by a record breaking length of a distance from the stand at Kempton Park.

She will be thrilled beyond any words and I'm so pleased for her.

Peter.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1276193 wrote: Five minutes ago my wife Oscar would have seen her hero race horse kauto Star win by a record breaking length of a distance from the stand at Kempton Park.

Peter.

how did you get in her avy?:yh_rotfl

I don't do horse racing, to many whips.:lips:
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1276197 wrote: how did you get in her avy?:yh_rotfl

I don't do horse racing.
I'm on her account as I can't remember my password :wah:

I am not so keen on horse racing as she is but this was an important win for the horse. I watched it on the television.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1276200 wrote: I'm on her account as I can't remember my password :wah:

I am not so keen on horse racing as she is but this was an important win for the horse. I watched it on the television.

- but only she laughs like this.:wah:

-I just despise the whips and various methods of ensuring a horse go faster.:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

oscar;1276193 wrote: Five minutes ago my wife Oscar would have seen her hero race horse kauto Star win by a record breaking length of a distance from the stand at Kempton Park.

Peter.

We want to keep Oscar pleased but where was she that she missed it? :-3
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Well done Kauto !!! I hope Oscar put a decent amount on him !!! She was worried that the race would be called off because of the weather! I'm pleased for her that it wasn't and even more pleased for her that her favourite geegee won ! ;):-6
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

She can take you out to dinner tonight with her winnings! :)
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Odie;1276202 wrote: - but only she laughs like this.:wah:

-I just despise the whips and various methods of ensuring a horse go faster.:-5

Actually, Odie, in this country at least, the jockeys only wave the stick forward and backward so the horse can see it as it comes forward. It is not common practice to actually whip the horse's flesh! You'd soon see whip injuries, I'm sure! :-6:)
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Oscar Namechange

Jazzy;1276213 wrote: We want to keep Oscar pleased but where was she that she missed it? :-3 She didn't miss him run. She left this morning at 6 to make sure she got a good position on the course and she's on her way home now. I'm sure you will get a far more tactical account of the race from her but from what i have seen on the television, he didn't just win but destroyed everything in his path. He won by 36 clear lengths, apparently a record on it's own. Also from what i saw, no whip was used nor needed. He seemed not to even need to break a sweat.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

oscar;1276233 wrote: She didn't miss him run. She left this morning at 6 to make sure she got a good position on the course and she's on her way home now. I'm sure you will get a far more tactical account of the race from her but from what i have seen on the television, he didn't just win but destroyed everything in his path. He won by 36 clear lengths, apparently a record on it's own. Also from what i saw, no whip was used nor needed. He seemed not to even need to break a sweat.

Sorry that I misunderstood earlier and Oscar must be so excited to have watched this happening live. What a day this is for Kauto Star!
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Oh this is bad news all round for me . I gave the info about the horse to friends .......Now they'll be coming to me for tips all the time. One of them put a bit of money on that horse as a Chrissy present to himself .
Oscar Namechange

I have just arrived home from seeing History being made.

I have watched this horse for 4 years now and seen him run many times live. I thought nothing could beat the Gold Cup earlier this year when Kauto strode 13 lengths clear of rival Denman to win for the second time.

Today was so special. Only the greatest horse that ever ran has won 2 Gold Cups and 4 King George stakes.... Desert Orchid. Today, if Kauto won, he would equal Desert Orchids record but in many ways he has exceeded him. Dessie indeed won the KG stakes four times but they were not consequtive, having been Interupted. Kauto won his fourth on the trot today.

I was amazed at the support for Kauto. Crowds waved placards in the colours of Ruby Walsh his Jockey saying 'I'm 4 Kauto'.

The massive cheers that came from the crowds as he appeared to parade seem to un-nerve him slightly. Apparently there was a record turn-out to see him today.

I was dissapointed that his stable mate 'Denman' had been pulled out and also 'for paddythe plasterer' did not run. Kauto had beaten every single horse that he was against today but I was un-nerved by 'Imperial Commander' who gave Kauto a battle for the line at Haydock 4 weeks ago. However, Imperial made a horrendous blunder at the second fence leaving Kauto with absolutely no competition.

My Fore cast of Kauto and Denman along with my tri-cast of Kauto, Denman and Madison Du Berlais was void after Denman was pulled but today I did another bet on the Tote to compensate putting Madison second behind Kauto.

The last time a horse won by a 'distance' was held by a record breaking 30 lengths by another of our greats 'Arkle'. Today, kauto won by 36 lenghts although that Is not official yet.

I have never seen a horse win in style like this in my life-time and he was truely amazing today.

In March, he will compete for his third Gold Cup. The moment he crossed the line today, his betting odds went to 5/4. If anyone is thinking of betting for the Gold Cup, you really need to get to the bookies now and get the best anti-post price. Denman is also second favourite for the Gold Cup at 2/1. I certainly will be re-Investing my winnings from today tomorrow morning for march where I will be seeing him again.

His odds today went way off the scale at 8/13 although I got 11/10 for him months ago. You must get your bets on for him now for march at Cheltenham.

I am such a happy bunny. I have been waiting for this race for a year and he certainly did not dissapoint. He broke all the records and I got to see him do It. The best Christmas present I could ask for. Madison Du Berlais managed to secure second place giving me a straight fore-cast on the Tote today. The Queens horse 'Barber Shop' took third place only due to Imperial Commanders blunder at the second which he never recovered from.

There were no fallers, no Injuries although 'Deep Purple' was pulled up after he burst a blood vessel.

Return to “Pets Animals”