If you thought that was a lot of fuss... this one caused a riot today..

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I posted a pic of Mr O's mate last week who had caught an almost record breaking Barbel.

This morning, he beat his personal best and landed this magnificent beast from a secret location on the River Avon in Bristol early this morning. It has beaten the last one by 2lb and the celebrations will go on long into the night.

A Fantastic catch that Mr O is extremely jealous over. Click to enlarge pic.

Attached files
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Post by Odie »

wow!

huge fish!:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
spot

Post by spot »

You might wonder what they're doing around this neck of the country at all - barbels are the ones which nibble the hairier bits between the legs of hippopotami if I recall correctly what David Attenborough was going on about last week. And the Avon's notoriously as muddy a wallow as even the most critical hippo could hope for.

He didn't get it up the feeder did he?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Weeedoggie Oscar...that's one big fish. Did he throw it back?
Oscar Namechange

spot;1259598 wrote: You might wonder what they're doing around this neck of the country at all - barbels are the ones which nibble the hairier bits between the legs of hippopotami if I recall correctly what David Attenborough was going on about last week. And the Avon's notoriously as muddy a wallow as even the most critical hippo could hope for.

He didn't get it up the feeder did he?
The exact location is the Barbel hunters secrets that they would take to the grave. On the Barbel forum where they post, great effort goes into the pics so they can not be Identified by area. One newbie had a pic deleted by the mods because he had a particular tree in the pic that the hunters could Identify the swim by.

Barbel allegedly do nibble around the Hairier parts of a hippo because they eat their poo. I've seen a few otters in the river this summer but not spoted a hippo as yet.

Barbel are apparently thin on the ground in the Avon these days, hence the secrecy of location and the excitement of landing such a beautiful specimen.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Kathy Ellen;1259606 wrote: Weeedoggie Oscar...that's one big fish. Did he throw it back? It is Illegal to kill them here Kathy also there are many rules and regs about how long they can be out of the water etc. They are lovingly returned to the water asap. :-6

Return to “Pets Animals”