Clarkson is back !!!

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Oscar Namechange

Clarkson is back !!!

Post by Oscar Namechange »

On day 10 of his long absence, I was delighted to find him tonight. :-4:-4
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
chonsigirl

Clarkson is back !!!

Post by chonsigirl »

I am so glad!:)
Kathy Ellen

Clarkson is back !!!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oh, Oscar,

I am so delighted that he's back:-4 Geeze, I am so happy for you as I know how much you love him. He is part of your family:D

How does he look....hope he's ok:-6
G#Gill

Clarkson is back !!!

Post by G#Gill »

He's been playing away :yh_rotfl:lips: Naughty boy !!!! Pleased to hear the gaffer's back :) Does he look OK and does he look as if he hasn't eaten for a while? Maybe he was just a bit unwell, or maybe he was hit a glancing blow by a car, and he needed time to recover. Maybe we will never know. A lot of maybe's :yh_rotfl
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Kathy Ellen

Clarkson is back !!!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Gill:-6

You're back...how was your holiday...Hope you're relaxed.
Oscar Namechange

Clarkson is back !!!

Kathy Ellen;1251400 wrote: Oh, Oscar,

I am so delighted that he's back:-4 Geeze, I am so happy for you as I know how much you love him. He is part of your family:D

How does he look....hope he's ok:-6 Thanks guys.. I can't tell you my relief at seeing him. It's not all good news. I went out to him and a younger

male came out the bushes and charged him. The younger male has Clarksons exact markings and he is one of his cubs from two years ago. There was a standoff between the two of them for a few moments until the younger one chased him off. The younger one then came in first and grabbed some chicken. I stayed out there for a while observing and Clarkson did come in and get some food after the younger one. It appears you could have been right that he's got too old to lead the pack and is being usurped by a younger member. What I intend to do is feed them twice a night now with an hours interval. Foxes feed little and often all night long and return to the food several times in the night. If I put two lots of food out, the younger one will take first pick but Clarkson will still get well fed after he's full. It was inevitable it would happen eventually but I don't want him wandering off in search of food and I want to keep him in the area. I'm going out again soon with some more chicken just to make sure.

Such a relief and joy to see him tonight and i did give him a good telling off for worrying us.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Rapunzel

Clarkson is back !!!

Post by Rapunzel »

Glad to hear Reynard is back again! :)

Has he been wolfing (foxing?) down the goodies? :wah:
Kathy Ellen

Clarkson is back !!!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

oscar;1251406 wrote: Thanks guys.. I can't tell you my relief at seeing him. It's not all good news. I went out to him and a younger

male came out the bushes and charged him. The younger male has Clarksons exact markings and he is one of his cubs from two years ago. There was a standoff between the two of them for a few moments until the younger one chased him off. The younger one then came in first and grabbed some chicken. I stayed out there for a while observing and Clarkson did come in and get some food after the younger one. It appears you could have been right that he's got too old to lead the pack and is being usurped by a younger member. What I intend to do is feed them twice a night now with an hours interval. Foxes feed little and often all night long and return to the food several times in the night. If I put two lots of food out, the younger one will take first pick but Clarkson will still get well fed after he's full. It was inevitable it would happen eventually but I don't want him wandering off in search of food and I want to keep him in the area. I'm going out again soon with some more chicken just to make sure.

Such a relief and joy to see him tonight and i did give him a good telling off for worrying us.

Oh, I'm so happy for you Julie. Poor Clarkson....usurpt by his own son. That's a good idea to leave extra food for Clarkson:-4

That's the nature of the beast, isn't it....out with the old and in with the new...life goes on:(

Keep us posted about him, ok:p
Odie

Clarkson is back !!!

Post by Odie »

oscar;1251406 wrote: Thanks guys.. I can't tell you my relief at seeing him. It's not all good news. I went out to him and a younger

yeah!

he is to old now, that is when the younger and stronger take over...as I have seen on so many animals shows.

the ones that no longer have a chance for food....will die.

glad your feeding him separately...I'm sure he hasn't eaten now since he left you.
Life is just to short for drama.
hoppy

Clarkson is back !!!

Post by hoppy »

I'm not much of an animal person, except from the standpoint of a hunter. However, with my hunting days long past, I do enjoy reading about your foxes. You remind me of a rural lady on another forum who used to write about her pet chickens. Who would have thought mere chickens could show any kind of "feelings" for lack of a better word. It opens up a whole new outlook on critters for me. :)
Oscar Namechange

Clarkson is back !!!

Odie;1251411 wrote: yeah!

he is to old now, that is when the younger and stronger take over...as I have seen on so many animals shows.

the ones that no longer have a chance for food....will die.

glad your feeding him separately...I'm sure he hasn't eaten now since he left you. I knew you'd be pleased.

He didn't appeared to have lost much weight but then he is a very alrge fox and is always hungry. I will spend some time out there tonight and observe.

:-6
Oscar Namechange

Clarkson is back !!!

hoppy;1251456 wrote: I'm not much of an animal person, except from the standpoint of a hunter. However, with my hunting days long past, I do enjoy reading about your foxes. You remind me of a rural lady on another forum who used to write about her pet chickens. Who would have thought mere chickens could show any kind of "feelings" for lack of a better word. It opens up a whole new outlook on critters for me. :) Yes, I know your a hunter Hops. I tend to hunt the hunters :sneaky:

Yes, it is strange. I have a friend who keeps chickens and they all have names and live a life of luxury but I couldn't go that far. I am not overly sentimental on the rest of the pack. Some come and go and during rutting, newbies join and then dissapear afterwards. Sometimes... you just can not explain it... One animal bonds with you. They look you straight in the eye, stand by your side, follow you, answer when you whistle... 7 years of that and your up all night looking for them when they go missing. :-4
Odie

Clarkson is back !!!

Post by Odie »

oscar;1251494 wrote: I knew you'd be pleased.

He didn't appeared to have lost much weight but then he is a very alrge fox and is always hungry. I will spend some time out there tonight and observe.

:-6

I'm happy for you, I know how much our animal friends mean to us, they are our pets, whether inside or out.

I also know whats its like when I don't see Shyguys for a few days, I often wonder if someone poisoned him with food, as a few neighbors here despise outdoor cats:lips::sneaky::-5:-5

then we he returns, I wonder where has he been?

does he really have a home?....if so, why is he so timid with me?

was he locked in someone garage?

and then there are very weird days when he doesn't show up until after 9am, other mornings he is waiting for me at 7 am?
Oscar Namechange

Clarkson is back !!!

Odie;1251500 wrote: I'm happy for you, I know how much our animal friends mean to us, they are our pets, whether inside or out.

I also know whats its like when I don't see Shyguys for a few days, I often wonder if someone poisoned him with food, as a few neighbors here despise outdoor cats:lips::sneaky::-5:-5

then we he returns, I wonder where has he been?

does he really have a home?....if so, why is he so timid with me?

was he locked in someone garage?

and then there are very weird days when he doesn't show up until after 9am, other mornings he is waiting for me at 7 am? It does sound as if Shyguy had a neglectful or cruel owner and it's why he's so timid. My stray was like that at the beginnning but now I'm picking her up and cuddling her. Shyguy comes to you for the same reason my foxes come to me.... they trust you and trust you to have food for them. :-4
Odie

Clarkson is back !!!

Post by Odie »

oscar;1251503 wrote: It does sound as if Shyguy had a neglectful or cruel owner and it's why he's so timid. My stray was like that at the beginnning but now I'm picking her up and cuddling her. Shyguy comes to you for the same reason my foxes come to me.... they trust you and trust you to have food for them. :-4

last week, he did stay on the porch while I was sitting there in my lawnchair and he came up there and ate....but noticed the second I slowly put my hand out to him...he was gone......Oh I know he was abused.:-5:-5

Its taken 3 years just to get him to stay on the porch while I am there.:-5:-5

trust me....one day Shyguy will be mine...when I can grab him he will be inside and in a separate room for while until he adjusts to being indoors..then he will be introduced to my cats.....he will always be allowed to go back outdoors....but this way...he knows then...he has an inside home.;)

then I will get him de-wormed and his shots...
el guapo

Clarkson is back !!!

Post by el guapo »

see i didnt shoot him
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
Oscar Namechange

Clarkson is back !!!

el guapo;1251509 wrote: see i didnt shoot him How many others have you shot?
Oscar Namechange

Clarkson is back !!!

Odie;1251505 wrote: last week, he did stay on the porch while I was sitting there in my lawnchair and he came up there and ate....but noticed the second I slowly put my hand out to him...he was gone......Oh I know he was abused.:-5:-5

Its taken 3 years just to get him to stay on the porch while I am there.:-5:-5

trust me....one day Shyguy will be mine...when I can grab him he will be inside and in a separate room for while until he adjusts to being indoors..then he will be introduced to my cats.....he will always be allowed to go back outdoors....but this way...he knows then...he has an inside home.;)

then I will get him de-wormed and his shots... Keep up the good work.. You will win him round, I know you will :-6:-6
hoppy

Clarkson is back !!!

Post by hoppy »

el guapo;1251509 wrote: see i didnt shoot him

Do you think fox tastes like panda bear or more like snow leopard?:confused:
Oscar Namechange

Clarkson is back !!!

hoppy;1251523 wrote: Do you think fox tastes like panda bear or more like snow leopard?:confused: Your heading for a slap :wah:
Odie

Clarkson is back !!!

Post by Odie »

hoppy;1251523 wrote: Do you think fox tastes like panda bear or more like snow leopard?:confused:

hmmmmmmmmmm oatmeal!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
el guapo

Clarkson is back !!!

Post by el guapo »

hoppy;1251523 wrote: Do you think fox tastes like panda bear or more like snow leopard?:confused:

panda
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
el guapo

Clarkson is back !!!

Post by el guapo »

oscar;1251515 wrote: How many others have you shot?

i refuse to comment
hoppy

Clarkson is back !!!

Post by hoppy »

el guapo;1251641 wrote: i refuse to comment

Do you keep the hides and wear 'em or sell 'em like me:confused:
Oscar Namechange

Clarkson is back !!!

hoppy;1251660 wrote: Do you keep the hides and wear 'em or sell 'em like me:confused:
At this stage I must warn you that I have been known to track down fox hunters and bring diabolicle pain to their lower regions.
el guapo

Clarkson is back !!!

Post by el guapo »

hoppy;1251660 wrote: Do you keep the hides and wear 'em or sell 'em like me:confused:

keep the tails as trophys
Oscar Namechange

Clarkson is back !!!

el guapo;1251800 wrote: keep the tails as trophys
I'm beggining to find this quite offensive :mad:
el guapo

Clarkson is back !!!

Post by el guapo »

but they look so good when ya got 30 or 40 of them
Oscar Namechange

Clarkson is back !!!

An update on the fox pack:

Clarkson the pack leader dissapeared again for over a week. I had to accept that after 7 years, the newbie 'Stumpy' has ousted him. Tonight, Clarkson was there in his usual spot waiting for me. He seemed so pleased to see me as I was him. Stumpy came rushing over and challenged him as I put the food on the ground, but this time Clarkson puffed himself up and charged. There was an almighty clash in mid air and then Clarkson took his rightful place of pack leader by going into the food pile first. Stumpy sat some way behind watching until Clarky had taken first pick of the food. Ha Clarkson is back :guitarist:guitarist:guitarist
Odie

Clarkson is back !!!

Post by Odie »

oscar;1256493 wrote: An update on the fox pack:

Clarkson the pack leader dissapeared again for over a week. I had to accept that after 7 years, the newbie 'Stumpy' has ousted him. Tonight, Clarkson was there in his usual spot waiting for me. He seemed so pleased to see me as I was him. Stumpy came rushing over and challenged him as I put the food on the ground, but this time Clarkson puffed himself up and charged. There was an almighty clash in mid air and then Clarkson took his rightful place of pack leader by going into the food pile first. Stumpy sat some way behind watching until Clarky had taken first pick of the food. Ha Clarkson is back :guitarist:guitarist:guitarist

omg......I never imagined Clarkson could overtake such a younger one!

ha! Clarkson rules!:guitarist:guitarist
Oscar Namechange

Clarkson is back !!!

Odie;1256495 wrote: omg......I never imagined Clarkson could overtake such a younger one!

ha! Clarkson rules!:guitarist:guitarist He looked fabulous in his winter coat. I can spot him a mile off from all the others as he is so much larger but has a very distinctive marking from the others which is One third of his tail is white. We stood chatting for some time. He brushed against my legs as he always does and looked straight into my eyes. I know that one day he will vanish for good but I was so happy to see him. Whereever he has been, he knows his way back to me. :-4

Return to “Pets Animals”