The worst pics I have ever taken....

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I have never been an ace photographer but trying to snap my foxes at night has proved impossible.

They do not welcome any kind of light which means tripping down the garden in the pitch black with a tray of food in one hand and a camera in the other. If Peter comes out with me, they don't like him and back off too far meaning I have only ever got black pics with nothing but red eyes.

I at least managed to get the pack leader and his vixen recently but I would never win any prizes for photography here. It really was a case of pointing the camera in the pitch dark and hoping for the best. But.... I finally got you on camera you bugger !!

Attached files
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
luciferjohn

Post by luciferjohn »

oscar;1238656 wrote: I have never been an ace photographer but trying to snap my foxes at night has proved impossible.

They do not welcome any kind of light which means tripping down the garden in the pitch black with a tray of food in one hand and a camera in the other. If Peter comes out with me, they don't like him and back off too far meaning I have only ever got black pics with nothing but red eyes.

I at least managed to get the pack leader and his vixen recently but I would never win any prizes for photography here. It really was a case of pointing the camera in the pitch dark and hoping for the best. But.... I finally got you on camera you bugger !!

hard shots i dont think iwould have done as well very nice:D
:driving:lookout smart guy talkin:guitarist:yh_devil:yh_ghost:
Oscar Namechange

luciferjohn;1238694 wrote: hard shots i dont think iwould have done as well very nice:D
Thanks... I talk about my foxes that visit me every night in my garden and needed to prove their existence here :wah: Although they have been coming for years, we do not attempt to tame them or hand feed them so one sniff of anything strange and they back off.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
luciferjohn

Post by luciferjohn »

oscar;1238705 wrote: Thanks... I talk about my foxes that visit me every night in my garden and needed to prove their existence here :wah: Although they have been coming for years, we do not attempt to tame them or hand feed them so one sniff of anything strange and they back off.

their very pretty animals your lucky to have them hanging around
Oscar Namechange

luciferjohn;1238708 wrote: their very pretty animals your lucky to have them hanging around Sadly many view them as vermin. Only recently has our country made fox hunting Illegal. I spent years campaigning for them. Vast amounts are still shot, poisoned or hit by cars here. I have always loved them :-4

Attached files
luciferjohn

Post by luciferjohn »

oscar;1238712 wrote: Sadly many view them as vermin. Only recently has our country made fox hunting Illegal. I spent years campaigning for them. Vast amounts are still shot, poisoned or hit by cars here. I have always loved them :-4

here their veiwed as a newsence, kinda like coyotes, not that we have many foxes, im just an animal lover, i like them better then people usually:D
Oscar Namechange

luciferjohn;1238716 wrote: here their veiwed as a newsence, kinda like coyotes, not that we have many foxes, im just an animal lover, i like them better then people usually:D
I prefer animals over most folk :wah: In some cases, animals have better social graces and are cleaner :wah:

I have also rescued injured foxes for some years and they are not un-similar to dogs. They do actually become very dog like in a captive world which is why it is so important not to tempt them to becoming humanised in the wild. In captivity, they will become attached to their owner just like a dog and too many folk think they are being kind by taming the wild one's but it is foolhardy. I have my own very strict rules. I do not hand feed unless a cub is orphaned and I never touch them unless they are injured. Having said that, my pack leader who has been coming to me for years will brush up against my legs but I suppose after all those years, it's just a matter of trust.
luciferjohn

Post by luciferjohn »

oscar;1238718 wrote: I prefer animals over most folk :wah: In some cases, animals have better social graces and are cleaner :wah:

I have also rescued injured foxes for some years and they are not un-similar to dogs. They do actually become very dog like in a captive world which is why it is so important not to tempt them to becoming humanised in the wild. In captivity, they will become attached to their owner just like a dog and too many folk think they are being kind by taming the wild one's but it is foolhardy. I have my own very strict rules. I do not hand feed unless a cub is orphaned and I never touch them unless they are injured. Having said that, my pack leader who has been coming to me for years will brush up against my legs but I suppose after all those years, it's just a matter of trust.

in all honesty it probly sees (or smells) you as part of the landscape after that many years, you havent hurt it or its pack( i think its pack) so it dont see you as a threat, yet they probly still see your friends and relatives as something to be cautious of, your so lucky:D
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Jules is crazy like the fox:wah:...nah, she loves her foxy woxy's & I love my kitty:-4
Oscar Namechange

luciferjohn;1238721 wrote: in all honesty it probly sees (or smells) you as part of the landscape after that many years, you havent hurt it or its pack( i think its pack) so it dont see you as a threat, yet they probly still see your friends and relatives as something to be cautious of, your so lucky:D
Very true... It's some-what hilarious watching 3 Terriers going hell for leather at them and the foxes just remaining curled up taking no notice what's so ever. Yet, I have been out there at night with them when the sniff of a foriegn human is coming up the lane and they bolt for cover. They also know my whistle. I whistle and red eyes appear in the bushes. One night I went out to feed them after watching 'Amytiville' saw the red eyes in the dark and ran like hell. :yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

qsducks;1238722 wrote: Jules is crazy like the fox:wah:...nah, she loves her foxy woxy's & I love my kitty:-4
That's me.

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Great Jules...didn't even have to watch it & nows it in my brain:wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1238656 wrote: I have never been an ace photographer but trying to snap my foxes at night has proved impossible.

difficult shots at night......once you click on them they are pretty cool!:guitarist:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
Mariposa Traicionera

Post by Mariposa Traicionera »

Cool pics. I love the glowing eyes effect. :-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

Mariposa Traicionera;1238921 wrote: Cool pics. I love the glowing eyes effect. :-6

just like in the movies....kinda spooky but cool!:guitarist:guitarist
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Have to be slightly smaller scale here: I feed the squirrels. Also classed as vermin. Have become very fond of them. Not wise, since they are at the bottom of the food chain, but there's one rather battered male (missing bits of ear and tail) and a female who are regulars. Love it when the female brings her young over. Utterly cute.:-6
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Odie

Post by Odie »

Clodhopper;1239046 wrote: Have to be slightly smaller scale here: I feed the squirrels. Also classed as vermin. Have become very fond of them. Not wise, since they are at the bottom of the food chain, but there's one rather battered male (missing bits of ear and tail) and a female who are regulars. Love it when the female brings her young over. Utterly cute.:-6

awwwwwwwww

I feed my squirrels also...now they come right up beside me on the porch........

hey, every animal has to eat.;)
Oscar Namechange

Clodhopper;1239046 wrote: Have to be slightly smaller scale here: I feed the squirrels. Also classed as vermin. Have become very fond of them. Not wise, since they are at the bottom of the food chain, but there's one rather battered male (missing bits of ear and tail) and a female who are regulars. Love it when the female brings her young over. Utterly cute.:-6
My squirrels and I had a falling out after they dug up all my tulip bulbs and ate them. I was particually annoyed that they ate the 'Black parrot' bulbs as they were expensive. Then it was a case of finding squirrel proof bird feeders. :-5 I still get them but I don't encourage them as much. They are cuties but just so pesky !!!
Oscar Namechange

Mariposa Traicionera;1238921 wrote: Cool pics. I love the glowing eyes effect. :-6
Yes........ note to self.... do not watch horror films before going into the garden in the pitch dark to feed them :wah:
luciferjohn

Post by luciferjohn »

oscar;1239154 wrote: Yes........ note to self.... do not watch horror films before going into the garden in the pitch dark to feed them :wah:

:yh_rotfl their coming to get you oscar:yh_rotfl
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

My squirrels and I had a falling out after they dug up all my tulip bulbs and ate them. I was particually annoyed that they ate the 'Black parrot' bulbs as they were expensive.

:wah:

Fortunately, they don't like my hyacinths. The female occasionally snacks on my roses, though. Makes me laugh.

I've also covered my veg patch in a sort of greenhouse, but with netting instead of glass. That seems to have done the trick.

Thinking about it, there seem to be fewer foxes round here at the moment. Don't know why.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Oscar Namechange

[QUOTE=Clodhopper;1239220

Thinking about it, there seem to be fewer foxes round here at the moment. Don't know why.
I have a deal with 'Subway' deli's. A few beers gets me a delivery of the finest beef, chicken, bacon, ham etc etc. That's where your foxes are .... down at my gaff queuing up :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Ian;1239403 wrote: You need "Thermal Imaging" :-6

It looks as if Oscar took the pics through the glass of her window, so maybe have the window open well before the scheduled arrival of the foxes and you won't get that flash effect spoiling the pic. Just a thought ! :)
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Oscar Namechange

G#Gill;1239405 wrote: It looks as if Oscar took the pics through the glass of her window, so maybe have the window open well before the scheduled arrival of the foxes and you won't get that flash effect spoiling the pic. Just a thought ! :) Thanks Gill but No... I was about two foot away from them in the garden. It was pitch black and I had a small torch that I was shining on them just to make sure they were there when I took the pics. I have got a new night time cctv camera waiting to be installed so i am hoping that will do the trick. :-6:-6
Wick3d D3vi4nt

Post by Wick3d D3vi4nt »

i love takin animal pics they are not easy, but soooo much fun!! nigth pics are tricky too......

i dunno what type of cam u have..... G does some kinda thing where he gets all sort of info outa pics--when it was taken, how it was modified, even gps info--but i don't know how to do all that sooooo..... i will just say

1 try to take photos at dusk if u can

2 DO NOT USE FLASH--unless u got some multi-thousand flash unit and know how to use it--and u might scare off the critters

3plan your shot out

4maybe try and put out some fox food, too!!!!
This cute lil asian girl can SO kick your ass six ways to Sunday. Believe it!

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2008!
Oscar Namechange

Wick3d D3vi4nt;1239581 wrote: i love takin animal pics they are not easy, but soooo much fun!! nigth pics are tricky too......

i dunno what type of cam u have..... G does some kinda thing where he gets all sort of info outa pics--when it was taken, how it was modified, even gps info--but i don't know how to do all that sooooo..... i will just say

1 try to take photos at dusk if u can

2 DO NOT USE FLASH--unless u got some multi-thousand flash unit and know how to use it--and u might scare off the critters

3plan your shot out

4maybe try and put out some fox food, too!!!!
Thanks for your suggestions.... you are sweet :-4

I can't take the pics at dusk as my foxes are never seen earlier than midnight. We meet down the bottom of the garden between midnight and 1 am. The dogs barking is the usual indication that they have arrived.

Difficult to plan the shot as the foxes do not like light of any kind except my flashlight that they are used to and I can't see much except red eyes in the dark. Also there are numbers of 7 - 15 turn up each night and they continusly move around me and the garden.

Food.... ah....:wah: I have spent approx £25 a week on fresh chicken for the last 12 to 13 years. At present, we go through 102 chicken quarters a week. 84 fresh eggs a week. 2 loaves of bread and a pot of jam a week. My friends take-away donates more cooked kebab meat, chicken, chicken nuggets, sausages, pizza, burgers and other scraps every week. A local manager of a high store Deli in return for beer delivers me, a sack of prime beef, bacon, chicken, pork etc every friday. If there are cubs, i take their staple diet, worms, out of my compost for them. Food???? Why do you think they queue up at my gate? :yh_rotfl

Thanks for taking the time to make the suggestions. :-6

Return to “Pets Animals”