Vicks signed to the Phila. Eagles

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Our own Philadelphia Eagles have signed Vicks the guy who ran illegal dog fights in his home, did his time, etc. The radio is abuzz this morning with everyone chiming in. What do you think?
Odie

Post by Odie »

shell-shocked!

He should never have been allowed back in.

you can have that hideous monster!:mad:
Life is just to short for drama.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Odie;1229832 wrote: shell-shocked!

you can have that hideous monster!

I didn't sign him, the Eagles organization did. He ain't worth it in my book but thats alright cuz I don't watch football...I'm sure Peta will be at the games.:wah:
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Thank goodness the Ravens didn't take him here!
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1229837 wrote: Thank goodness the Ravens didn't take him here!

and thank goodness he doesn't play for the CFL!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Read it in the Philadelphiainquirer.com He's on the front page, he looks obnoxious:mad:
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I don't think he should ever play again.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

chonsigirl;1229854 wrote: I don't think he should ever play again.

Agreed...he just looked so pompous on the front page. I hope the animal rights peeps show up at every game...maybe it will make peeps think.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

They are blabbing about it on the news, of course they think it is a good thing for Vick. :rolleyes:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

chonsigirl;1229866 wrote: They are blabbing about it on the news, of course they think it is a good thing for Vick. :rolleyes:

They are having a debate on the radio with listeners calling in. It was split when I last heard it...with most men praising the choice:lips:
Odie

Post by Odie »

can't wait for our news tonight....

wonder how Canadians will perceive him.

not very likely.:mad:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Philadelphia Eagles fans have the worst reputation at the games...they are obnoxious to other fans of the opposite team, rowdy drunks. We have a court system right inside the stadium for the idiots. These stupid peeps who are trying to give Vicks a chance don't care what he did to those defenseless dogs....they are looking for the next best player.:-5:-5
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Exactly Ducks and why is that?

Because most people still think "they were just dogs....."

Anytime someone says "I love animals BUT..." what they mean is "it's just an animal." And those people suck.

As for Dick, I repeat what I said at my forum. His mama ought to be shot for birthing him.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

"Commissioner Roger Goodell conditionally lifted Vick’s suspension on July 27, allowing him to sign with a team, practice and play in the last two preseason games. Once the season begins, Vick can participate in all team activities except games, and Goodell said he would consider Vick for full reinstatement by Week 6 (Oct. 18-19) at the latest."

Eagles gamble on disgraced NFL star Michael Vick - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

I guess the Eagles will be the team everyone wants to loose this year.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

A parent cannot be responsible for the behavior of their grown children, Red. That was an unkind comment.

Vick has to take the responsibility for his actions. He served his time (which was not long enough) but his future actions should be scrutinized at all times.

It illustrates how money and professional sports has their own set of values. What should the public do-boycott any game he is in, not purchase any product that proceeds would go to him. But will they do it. No, all they care about is football.

Good luck Phili', I wouldn't want my home team to have him, even though I care 'nuttin' much about football. Not a good thing at all.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

chonsigirl;1229896 wrote: A parent cannot be responsible for the behavior of their grown children, Red. That was an unkind comment.

Vick has to take the responsibility for his actions. He served his time (which was not long enough) but his future actions should be scrutinized at all times.

It illustrates how money and professional sports has their own set of values. What should the public do-boycott any game he is in, not purchase any product that proceeds would go to him. But will they do it. No, all they care about is football.

Good luck Phili', I wouldn't want my home team to have him, even though I care 'nuttin' much about football. Not a good thing at all.

You are so right about money Chonsi...my own daughter even thought it was stupid pick for the birds...besides they stink anyway...they get so close to the superbowl every year and then blow it. I don't watch it either and I don't care how great they think he is. He's a pig in my book.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

She raised him to be the man he is Chonsi.

You may think it unkind but I am sincere. And that's as nice as I can be about this guy. Since everyone flips out when I say he oughtta be shot. :thinking:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

He should be permently banned from any sport.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

RedGlitter;1229912 wrote: She raised him to be the man he is Chonsi.

You may think it unkind but I am sincere. And that's as nice as I can be about this guy. Since everyone flips out when I say he oughtta be shot. :thinking:

I do not know how she raised him. It can not always be blamed on the parents for what a child becomes-he is an adult. He made his own decisions. It is her sad fate to always have to live with this-her son is a bad person, he spent time in jail. It is a parent's worse nightmare. That always remains within a parent's mind, that no matter how well you raise your children, something like this could happen. But the blame cannot always be laid at their door. An individual must take the responsibility for their own actions.

Your quote, saying he should be shot, or her, was what I was refering to.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

chonsigirl;1229918 wrote: I do not know how she raised him. It can not always be blamed on the parents for what a child becomes-he is an adult. He made his own decisions. It is her sad fate to always have to live with this-her son is a bad person, he spent time in jail. It is a parent's worse nightmare. That always remains within a parent's mind, that no matter how well you raise your children, something like this could happen. But the blame cannot always be laid at their door. An individual must take the responsibility for their own actions.

Your quote, saying he should be shot, or her, was what I was refering to.

They are saying on the sports radio that Andy Reid the coach knows what it's like to forgive. He has two sons both of whom are doing/did drugs, caused accidents, etc. One is still in prison becuase of the drugs & I think the other son went back because he flunked a drug test.

My children aren't perfect either....things I won't go into here ont he open boards but they have done some really stupid things....and they are sorry for it.
almostfamous

Post by almostfamous »

That's ludicrous. I saw, with my own two eyes, one of the pits he used to fight, how it ended up in TN they couldn't disclose :confused: but anyway... the poor creature was so scarred and beat down. Poor spirit was beat down too. If she had been remotely dog friendly I would've taken her home with me but they told me it would be entirely too dangerous for my other two pits :(

It just burns my ass that his punishment was so light and here he is just a few years later right back on top walkin about with a chip on his shoulder as if nothing had happened. It's a laugh in the face to animal rights.
almostfamous

Post by almostfamous »

Mustang;1229894 wrote: "Commissioner Roger Goodell conditionally lifted Vick’s suspension on July 27, allowing him to sign with a team, practice and play in the last two preseason games. Once the season begins, Vick can participate in all team activities except games, and Goodell said he would consider Vick for full reinstatement by Week 6 (Oct. 18-19) at the latest."

Eagles gamble on disgraced NFL star Michael Vick - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

I guess the Eagles will be the team everyone wants to loose this year.

You can bet your sweet ass it will be!

chonsigirl;1229896 wrote: A parent cannot be responsible for the behavior of their grown children, Red. That was an unkind comment.

Absolutely right and that's exactly what it comes down to. If this had been a high school football player or college even ... I could almost guarantee the only football action he'd see would be others playing.

And if we did boycott I have no doubt in my mind it would only make him more popular. He's feeding off of the controversy as we speak so we'd only make it more glorious for him when he gets to play anyway.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

almostfamous;1229923 wrote: That's ludicrous. I saw, with my own two eyes, one of the pits he used to fight, how it ended up in TN they couldn't disclose :confused: but anyway... the poor creature was so scarred and beat down. Poor spirit was beat down too. If she had been remotely dog friendly I would've taken her home with me but they told me it would be entirely too dangerous for my other two pits :(

It just burns my ass that his punishment was so light and here he is just a few years later right back on top walkin about with a chip on his shoulder as if nothing had happened. It's a laugh in the face to animal rights.

Well thats the football league for you isn't it? They are only interested in great players no matter if they beat animals, wives, girlfriends, etc. A slap on the hand for them...and yes, it is a disgrace. They don't consider it a big deal. It's all about making the big bucks. As for the Eagles, I will not be buying any of their products.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

For you, QS, your children have learned. You are a good parent.

For the Football Leagues, morals is not what matters. Almost, you are correct in your post.

Forgive, and forget.

All right, he did his time. Go away silently, and become a valuable member of society, and that doesn't mean taking a position that is sadly a role model for children. (what happened to better role models than sport figures!)

Let's just only forget him, and say toot toot, go somewhere else!
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

chonsigirl;1229958 wrote: For you, QS, your children have learned. You are a good parent.

For the Football Leagues, morals is not what matters. Almost, you are correct in your post.

Forgive, and forget.

All right, he did his time. Go away silently, and become a valuable member of society, and that doesn't mean taking a position that is sadly a role model for children. (what happened to better role models than sport figures!)

Let's just only forget him, and say toot toot, go somewhere else!

I have no respect for teams that look the other way regarding stupid players and even less when they recruit them.:-5
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

By re-instateing this man his vile actions have been condoned because by not actively condemming his actions society is condoning it.

They will now pay him heaps of money for playing a game , he may be given contracts for product endorsments and paid millions for that , he will be cheered by thousands of adoring ( blind) football fans and no doubt he will have the fantastic woman on his arm.

Little wonder then that children will say 'I want to be like him' the will hold him up as a role model and try to emulate him.

And then we( society) have the nerve to blame the youth for their heartlessness and antisocial criminal behaviour.. surely its our fault for not providing better role models for them to emulate.

But hey it was only a dog right? ... Wrong... its an indication of just how sick and depraved our society has become when sport and money and greed overtake the value of living creatures .....
Odie

Post by Odie »

RedGlitter;1229912 wrote: She raised him to be the man he is Chonsi.

Its not the parents fault whatsoever, your way to quick to jump at this.

he is a grown man and makes his own decisions.

but I do agree, he should be shot.

and have been banned from football.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Victoria;1230004 wrote: By re-instateing this man his vile actions have been condoned because by not actively condemming his actions society is condoning it.

They will now pay him heaps of money for playing a game , he may be given contracts for product endorsments and paid millions for that , he will be cheered by thousands of adoring ( blind) football fans and no doubt he will have the fantastic woman on his arm.

Little wonder then that children will say 'I want to be like him' the will hold him up as a role model and try to emulate him.

And then we( society) have the nerve to blame the youth for their heartlessness and antisocial criminal behaviour.. surely its our fault for not providing better role models for them to emulate.

But hey it was only a dog right? ... Wrong... its an indication of just how sick and depraved our society has become when sport and money and greed overtake the value of living creatures .....

High five Victoria...well said. I'm sure the Eagles team is hearing loads of anti Vicks comments today after this latest obsene blunder on their end. I've lost all respect for a team I once liked but never really watched. No intention of watching them ever again until that pig goes some place else.:-5:-5
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Sweet deal for Vick 1.2 or 1.5 million the first year of a 2 year contract to be a backup quarterback who will be sitting on the bench. I don't care if he has done his time he hasn't proved anything to the community yet and should have never been allowed to play in the NFL again.

What disturbs me more is Tony Dungy is supporting him I respect Dungy as a coach and a person not sure what is going on with that. :thinking:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

This isn't a shocking shift in sports mentality, IMO.

It's the exact same attitude that is applied to boys participating in sports from the time they are young. They are taught early in life, that they are somehow above the rules of regular kids.

Locally, the boys on the teams get good paying summer jobs with the city. We're talking much better then a regular kid pushing fries at McDonald's. And what do you see? Three of them hosing down public gardens around town.. teams of three, because of course one could not possibly hold the hose alone..:rolleyes:

They don't get detention that interferes with games or practice. They don't get arrested when the police break up after game parties.

Of course he's special. He's an athlete. He's not being arrogant. He's merely accepting what he's been taught is due him.

And for all our pissing and moaning, we allow this to continue every year with every new batch of kids signing up for sports across America. Because it's not at all about how we play the game... It's about Winning!:thinking:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I agree it is that way in professional sports on most levels, but not on all levels. The WPS women's professional soccer started up again this year and these young ladies are the best of the best at the game from all over the world. They are paid and are excellent roll models for young women.

I think where we fail is with our young men and role models.

[QUOTE]And for all our pissing and moaning, we allow this to continue every year with every new batch of kids signing up for sports across America. Because it's not at all about how we play the game... It's about Winning![/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

The baseball team my youngest son plays for does not keep scores & I think its a great idea. He doesn't want to play next year...he wants to do tennis which is fine with me.:wah:. We also have a local football team for kids but I refuse to sign my boys up for it...the parents are complete whack jobs who are really "into the game" as far as screaming at their own children. Do my kids need that? No
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

flopstock;1230039 wrote: This isn't a shocking shift in sports mentality, IMO.

It's the exact same attitude that is applied to boys participating in sports from the time they are young. They are taught early in life, that they are somehow above the rules of regular kids.

Locally, the boys on the teams get good paying summer jobs with the city. We're talking much better then a regular kid pushing fries at McDonald's. And what do you see? Three of them hosing down public gardens around town.. teams of three, because of course one could not possibly hold the hose alone..:rolleyes:

They don't get detention that interferes with games or practice. They don't get arrested when the police break up after game parties.

Of course he's special. He's an athlete. He's not being arrogant. He's merely accepting what he's been taught is due him.

And for all our pissing and moaning, we allow this to continue every year with every new batch of kids signing up for sports across America. Because it's not at all about how we play the game... It's about Winning!:thinking:

My mother teaches English at a large university & she has football students and there is a rule in her class, if you fail, no football. I'll tell you she has some major run-ins with the coaches...but the university always backs her up & the football player loses in the end.:)
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

uggh, I just heard facebook is going ballistic over this news on Vicks...good. Its a disgrace that our beautiful city has a big black eye now thanks to the effing idiots in the NFL.:-5
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Odie;1230008 wrote: Its not the parents fault whatsoever, your way to quick to jump at this.

he is a grown man and makes his own decisions.

but I do agree, he should be shot.

and have been banned from football.

I disagree. It's been in this same forum that people have insisted that it's not the kid, it's the parent. Well what your parent teaches you, you are often ingrained with. It's not like a person becomes 30 and then says "Ah, fk it, I raised myself." That's silly. And now that's what this forum is saying. "He made his own decisions." Yeah. I expect you heard (or rather read) Vick blame his acts on the fact that he grew up poor in an oppressive neighborhood and yadayada. Not "I was a jerk and knew better." That's what I want to hear and even then it will be crocodile tears coming from that piece of tripe.

Odie, funny how you can say he needs shot and no one blinks an eye yet I say it and my frame gets jumped. :sneaky:

That is the last time I will stand to be corrected in my own dang opinion.
almostfamous

Post by almostfamous »

qsducks;1230065 wrote: My mother teaches English at a large university & she has football students and there is a rule in her class, if you fail, no football. I'll tell you she has some major run-ins with the coaches...but the university always backs her up & the football player loses in the end.:)

kudos to her, that's how it should be. my high school was the same and I loved it when some of our female teachers butted heads with the football coach. it was a sight!

RedGlitter;1230086 wrote: I disagree. It's been in this same forum that people have insisted that it's not the kid, it's the parent. Well what your parent teaches you, you are often ingrained with. It's not like a person becomes 30 and then says "Ah, fk it, I raised myself." That's silly. And now that's what this forum is saying. "He made his own decisions." Yeah. I expect you heard (or rather read) Vick blame his acts on the fact that he grew up poor in an oppressive neighborhood and yadayada. Not "I was a jerk and knew better." That's what I want to hear and even then it will be crocodile tears coming from that piece of tripe.

Odie, funny how you can say he needs shot and no one blinks an eye yet I say it and my frame gets jumped. :sneaky:

That is the last time I will stand to be corrected in my own dang opinion.

I agree and disagree with the fact that parents should be blamed.

On the one hand, if a parent is completely nonchalant about their child's rearing and allows it so much freedom that it practically raises itself. As a result, this child will have no bounds and discipline is a four letter word. Yes, the parents are to blame here.

However, on the other hand, the parents can do absolutely everything right down to the letter. If I can say anything about my parents, they did right by me as a child. I got my ass whooped when I screwed up and grounded more than I can recall. They didn't let me get away with crap! And yet, somehow in my early twenties I became a pothead and snorted my fair share of swirly gaggers. No need to continue with my indiscretions :o:wah: but you get the point.

I made my own decisions because I have a brain separate from theirs and no amount of rearing was gonna stop me. Am I proud, hell no, but I take full responsibility for my actions and could never point a finger at my folks for me being an occasional fk up.

Whether or not Vick's mother was a good parent really doesn't matter. He, as an adult, chose to be a blazing idiot and noone is to blame but his pompous ass and now the NFL for thinking his football skills overshadow the fact that he broke the law.

I understand the fire behind your comment that stirred up so much heat but really it's his ass that should be shot. I would prefer something like chinese water torture, but that's just me.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Well, I'm jumping in late again but, here it goes....

Vick - you & I & all here are brought up & taught right & wrong..

Whether rich or poor, and I was poor, there's no where in my upbringing that indicates Dog Fighting is a positive - benefit to any one or anything...

now - Vick worked hard to become athlete - he did that as a right, so the man isn't dumb..

This large athlete's ego demostrated stupidity with illegal Dog Fighting.

Key word ILLEGAL - however he was punished by law & served his time.

so, do we wipe our hands clean & let Vick say "put me in coach"...!!!!

Hell NO ...!!!!!

Vick did his time like anyother Ex-Con - but to resume his position..?

I say Vick should be saying "paper or plastic"

or " do would want a large order of Fries with that order"

Who the heck would be proud to hire this jerk..?

he's a disgrace and we're now teaching KIDS "see what you can get away with".

Look at other athletes - Pete Rose for example, he gambled, placed questionable bets, yet kicked out of rank/any hope to be in the Baseball Hall of Fame..yes I know "they're" considering Pete's rank now....after years & years fighting for his status.

I say let the dogs loose on Vick...

he makes me sick & so does the Football organization for allowing Vick to continue to play - I hope the other team mates kick his A$$$$$$...

Patsy
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Listen to you people. What happened to redemption? To forgiveness? Where does it say a person can't be forgiven? That he/she must be punished forever? Who are you people, to judge rather or not Vick has truly seen the error of his ways? :-5
Gunslinger's Gal

Post by Gunslinger's Gal »

hoppy;1230336 wrote: Listen to you people. What happened to redemption? To forgiveness? Where does it say a person can't be forgiven? That he/she must be punished forever? Who are you people, to judge rather or not Vick has truly seen the error of his ways? :-5

Interesting point of view. It is completely your option to forgive and forget.

I have read and I have watched and the only error of his ways that I think Vick has seen is the error of getting caught.

Hoppy - he electrocuted, hung and slammed DOGS on the pavement until they were dead. He paid money to watch dogs ripp each other apart. He took his FAMILY PETS and threw them into a pit with trained fighting dogs and LAUGHED while they were torn to shreds.

Forgiven? Not by me.

Punished forever. No. But if I was convicted of a crime - any crime - I certainly would not get my job back when I got out of jail. Sure, he should be allowed to go on, make a living and a life for himself. But by making that living in the public eye - it is saying that killing living things for pleasure is a-ok. Is that really the message you want sent?
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Forgiveness is God's job, not mine.

If he had killed a child no one would be forgiving. An animal doesn't feel any less pain and is no different. I'm not going to argue that point again, that is how I see it.

You want my forgiveness, you'd better earn it and there's nothing that garbage can do to redeem himself in my eyes. Nor should there be.
almostfamous

Post by almostfamous »

Patsy Warnick;1230299 wrote:

I say let the dogs loose on Vick...

Patsy

:D I had that exact same thought yesterday after I posted my last comment and said he should be shot. I got to thinking, No, he should suffer the same way the animals did.......... "THROW HIM IN THE RING!!!"

I SWEAR (!) I wish we still had the 'eye for an eye' law in effect.

Heroin dealers? Pump em full of heroin.

Dog fighters? Feed em to the dogs.

Murderers?... you get the point.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

I'd hate to have you people on my jury if any of you found out I once attended a bull fight and liked it.:-3

Truth is, I don't like the SOB either but people do change and repent. That was my point.
almostfamous

Post by almostfamous »

hoppy;1230433 wrote: I'd hate to have you people on my jury if any of you found out I once attended a bull fight and liked it.:-3

:wah:

I'm not exactly a huge fan of that either :o but.. Have you ever seen these dog fights? Have you seen what's left of the dog if it even survives?

I am one who tries very hard at the whole forgiveness bit but this wasn't a one time occurrence and it wasn't something in his past that he had grown out of and learned was wrong. He got busted and had he not he would still be doing it.

Forgive him? Sure.

But like one said, give him his job back? psh, yeah :rolleyes:

If forgiveness is what he wants, make him start at the bottom. Make him endure all the try-out processes, bust his ass and PROVE he deserves a place, don't GIVE him one like it's his right. ohmygod :-5 he just gets my heat boiling and I'm as big of football fan as the next.

But, not everyone shares this opinion, obviously. Now, those of us that are disappointed with the decision of the powers that be, we just have to sit back and watch his megalomania expand to ridiculous heights.

I do respect your volume for compassion though :-6
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

almostfamous

Post by almostfamous »

qsducks;1230438 wrote:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

that made my day!!!!!!!!!!
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

almostfamous;1230439 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

that made my day!!!!!!!!!!

the headlines on all our local newspapers are screaming:wah: i found the pic on photobucket
Odie

Post by Odie »

qsducks;1230438 wrote:

omg....to cool ducks!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I just heard on tv some fathead commentator practically in orgasmic throes over Vick's return "He served his time and he's a GREAT football player!!!!!!"

Does football require many brain cells? I'm thinking not. I'm thinking Vick was a dumb guy who had little other option and I'm thinking it's a damned sad state of affairs when all we care about is stupidass sports figures.

I'm also thinking if he had taken a five year old kid and slammed it down head first on the pavement or electrocuted it or set dogs on it or slashed its throat or drowned it in the bathtub, no one would be yammering on about forgiveness and great football skills, would they?

Actions speak louder than words.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

It's an unwritten law. Jocks can do no wrong.

Return to “Pets Animals”