Bristol Zoo live Gorilla web cam.

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Odie;1308426 wrote: your just jealous you don't look like Jock.

he's inside now waiting for his lunch.:D

At 5 pm UK time, it's about his tea time ! We're 5 hours ahead of you Odie ! :wah:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Odie

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1308471 wrote: At 5 pm UK time, it's about his tea time ! We're 5 hours ahead of you Odie ! :wah:

then it was tea time for Jock!:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

WOW !!!! When Jock comes near the women, they head for the hills as quickly as they can:sneaky: The kids also move out of the way quickly.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

It was lovely watching Salome and kamale bonding and cuddling this morning.

It was also fun to watch the caretakers cleaning up gorilla island. They must have taken 8 bags of garbage away.

It's nice to see our gorilla friends being taken care of today;)
Odie

Post by Odie »

well that sucks...........'no page found'

at least I can still see them on facebook!:-6

Jock is in line for lunch inside and 3 others are outside playing.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

http://www.bristolzoo.org.uk/webcams

NEW GORILLA WEBCAM LINK TO WATCH THEM. Bookmark it as it is different. I think the have redone the entire site the camera's don't seem to be on just yets. :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I hope they have them on soon Carla as I miss my gorilla fix.

Can't understand why they are having so much trouble securing a reliable web camera... Maybe this cam is not a priority...dunno...It's just frustrating.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

CARLA;1311649 wrote: http://www.bristolzoo.org.uk/webcams

NEW GORILLA WEBCAM LINK TO WATCH THEM. Bookmark it as it is different. I think the have redone the entire site the camera's don't seem to be on just yets. :D

Oh, thank you for that link Carla. It's fun watching our gorilla friends again:D. Apparantly the original one won't work due to the new image site for Bristol Zoo.

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oh, it's so nice to be home for the summer with nothing to do except watch our gorilla friends:-4

This morning I watch Kamale and Namoki tear around the bottom floor of the gorilla house, while Romina just sat upstairs peacefully watching them:wah:

They were absolutely hysterical....running around, knocking each other over, pushing and shoving....

Poor Kamale must have been exhausted. He couldn't sleep and kept pulling and adjusting the wood wool over him, then getting up and readjusting....on and on and on...:wah:
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I can't believe that the outside webcam has blue screen again. And, the camera is too close in the gorillas house so you can't see the bottom floor.

These cams are the best when they're working properly. I wish the zoo would take better care of them, but I was told that they can't watch the cams 24/7:-2 Why not...they only have the gorilla cam:-3

I watch our gorilla buddies everyday...love to see how big the kidlets have grown and all their shenanagans:wah:

Also love to watch Jock when he thinks that someone is stealing his food. He stands up on 2 legs and charges the 2nd floor....everyone runs for the hills:yh_rotfl

Don't think that Jock has accepted that new, little gorilla Kera yet. He chases her out of the gorilla house:-1

Has anyone watched the show about 12 or 12:30 PM or UK time? Jock sits on a log and the zoo keepers throw food to him. He catches the food most of the time and the audience cheers:wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1325463 wrote: I can't believe that the outside webcam has blue screen again. And, the camera is too close in the gorillas house so you can't see the bottom floor.

These cams are the best when they're working properly. I wish the zoo would take better care of them, but I was told that they can't watch the cams 24/7:-2 Why not...they only have the gorilla cam:-3

I watch our gorilla buddies everyday...love to see how big the kidlets have grown and all their shenanagans:wah:

Also love to watch Jock when he thinks that someone is stealing his food. He stands up on 2 legs and charges the 2nd floor....everyone runs for the hills:yh_rotfl

Don't think that Jock has accepted that new, little gorilla Kera yet. He chases her out of the gorilla house:-1

Has anyone watched the show about 12 or 12:30 PM or UK time? Jock sits on a log and the zoo keepers throw food to him. He catches the food most of the time and the audience cheers:wah:

I haven't bothered in ages, the cams are never working.

It must have been cool to see Jock doing tricks now!:yh_rotfl
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Odie;1325514 wrote: I haven't bothered in ages, the cams are never working.

It must have been cool to see Jock doing tricks now!:yh_rotfl

Oh, I never get tired watching our gorilla friends. I just wish the zoo would take care better care of their gorilla cam, but I'm happy to have to opportunity to check in with our friends. I love them.

Jock was hysterical. He just sits on a log and catches the food, like a ball player, as the zoo keepers toss it to him...hysterical.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1325697 wrote: Oh, I never get tired watching our gorilla friends. I just wish the zoo would take care better care of their gorilla cam, but I'm happy to have to opportunity to check in with our friends. I love them.

Jock was hysterical. He just sits on a log and catches the food, like a ball player, as the zoo keepers toss it to him...hysterical.

I never got tired of watching them, I got tired of the cams not working.

which one are you using, as the opening post cams aren't working?
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I emailed the Bristol Zoo and asked them to fix the gorilla webcam.

It's finally fixed...no more blue screen.

I watched Jock sit on the rock catching the food thrown to him by the zoo keepers. He's really get good at catching the food. When he leaves, the other gorillas run over looking for food.

The kidlets are getting too big to cuddle with parents anymore...~~sigh~~They grow too fast.

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I'd love to visit Bristol one day and meet Julie, Peter and our gorilla friends.
spot

Post by spot »

Kathy Ellen;1326423 wrote: I'd love to visit Bristol one day and meet Julie, Peter and our gorilla friends.

Should you visit, you'll find them between the Gorilla House and the penguins. Be warned though, there are notices telling you not to try feeding them.

There's a recent baby seal which has photogenic qualities, a replacement lion's been brought in to replace the one they lost earlier in the year and there's more baby Meerkats than you could shake a stick at.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

spot;1326425 wrote: Should you visit, you'll find them between the Gorilla House and the penguins. Be warned though, there are notices telling you not to try feeding them.

There's a recent baby seal which has photogenic qualities, a replacement lion's been brought in to replace the one they lost earlier in the year and there's more baby Meerkats than you could shake a stick at.

I dread to think what is there!:wah:

I love meerkats, they're cute, could watch them for hours. You have a seal fetish then Spot?
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

It's 4 A.M. and I can't sleep. I'm watching your man clean up the gorilla house.

He's using the same mop to clean the windows that he used on the filthy floor. Hmmmm....is that a good idea :wah: I'm glad that they're finally wearing gloves to clean.

I don't think that I could clean out the gorilla cage, could you?
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1328331 wrote: It's 4 A.M. and I can't sleep. I'm watching your man clean up the gorilla house.

He's using the same mop to clean the windows that he used on the filthy floor. Hmmmm....is that a good idea :wah: I'm glad that they're finally wearing gloves to clean.

I don't think that I could clean out the gorilla cage, could you?

is there another link besides on the first post, as that one doesn't work.

4am.....yup......did that one yesterday!:yh_rotfl
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Yes this is the new working link.

Webcams | Bristol Zoo
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

Odie

Post by Odie »

CARLA;1328375 wrote: Yes this is the new working link.

Webcams | Bristol Zoo

Oh thank you Carla, I didn't realise there was a new one!:-6

Jocks's sitting by the water, looks like he's smoking a cigarette!:yh_rotfl
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Wow, it still amazes me the power that Jock has over the women and children in his troop.....hmmmmmmm.....reminds me of something....

During lunch today, he ate all of the food on the ground floor, and then chased the women and children off the top floor and ate all of the food there. Then he went back to the ground floor and chased them away again and ate the leftovers. The poor troop were running from floor to floor as they were all locked in the gorilla house.

It's a man's world for sure!
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1328742 wrote: Wow, it still amazes me the power that Jock has over the women and children in his troop.....hmmmmmmm.....reminds me of something....

During lunch today, he ate all of the food on the ground floor, and then chased the women and children off the top floor and ate all of the food there. Then he went back to the ground floor and chased them away again and ate the leftovers. The poor troop were running from floor to floor as they were all locked in the gorilla house.

It's a man's world for sure!

having power over people is just not good.

sounds like after today's lunch, Jock needs to eat on his own and leave the others alone.

to bad his feeder can't see that.:-5
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Odie;1328760 wrote: having power over people is just not good.

sounds like after today's lunch, Jock needs to eat on his own and leave the others alone.

to bad his feeder can't see that.:-5

What you see from a few moments logging on here and what his keepers see 24/7 Is worlds apart.

I have visited Jock and family many, many times because he Is only a few miles from where I live. You do not see what the feeders and carers see and there Is always plenty of food for all of them.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

oscar;1328780 wrote: What you see from a few moments logging on here and what his keepers see 24/7 Is worlds apart.

I have visited Jock and family many, many times because he Is only a few miles from where I live. You do not see what the feeders and carers see and there Is always plenty of food for all of them.
or else they would die:-3:wah: I spose they have to let them be as much as possible the same as they would in the wild:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Oscar Namechange

kazalala;1328781 wrote: or else they would die:-3:wah: I spose they have to let them be as much as possible the same as they would in the wild:thinking:

Of course my little Garribaldi Biscuit... Of course !!!!
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Post by Odie »

With most species of wildlife there is always a leader/bully, one who is the strongest or the biggest, that one gets the most food.

Even in the cat family, housecats are the same, as when I adopted two, they were so hungry they were eating their own food which was always left down and eating my food, anything that was on my plate, even peas & mashed potatoes which cats do not eat.

Once they realised they were full and no longer had to scrounge for food, they just ate their own food.

I've also seen first hand a larger kitten pushing its way through to eat all the food.

When I fed raccons several years ago, it was the same thing.

It's nature ...the strongest survive...the weak sometimes will die.
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1328890 wrote: With most species of wildlife there is always a leader/bully, one who is the strongest or the biggest, that one gets the most food.

Even in the cat family, housecats are the same, as when I adopted two, they were so hungry they were eating their own food which was always left down and eating my food, anything that was on my plate, even peas & mashed potatoes which cats do not eat.

Once they realised they were full and no longer had to scrounge for food, they just ate their own food.

I've also seen first hand a larger kitten pushing its way through to eat all the food.

When I fed raccons several years ago, it was the same thing.

It's nature ...the strongest survive...the weak sometimes will die. That is very true but we are talking about a controlled enviroment here. There Is absolutely no way any conservation programme would allow a dominant male or female to deprive others of food endangering their health especially when they are on the endangered species list.

The whole point of the programme Is to breed an endangered species... they are hardly going to leave them to get on with It.

Unfortuantely, you do not get a tv programme where you are called Zoo babies which very often features Jock and family and the work that goes Into securing their health behind the scenes.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Ahhhhh, it's lovely to watch our gorilla friends at the zoo:-4

I still laugh when I see Jock waiting for his food by the bottom door of the gorilla house.

My school computer should be fixed by Tuesday, and it's nice to see that we can access the gorilla cam once again:-6

Attached files
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I'm home this weekend and the damn web cam is down again. I miss watching our gorilla friends:-4

I just don't understand why the cam breaks down so much, especially when it has 'blue screen.'

So often the cam is off-centered, pointed in areas where the gorillas don't frequent and has spider webs on the lens for long periods of time.

Sorry for complaining, but I just love the Bristol Zoo and really hope to visit there one day. There's no use complaining to the zoo anymore as I've been told that they can't watch the web cam 24/7 .......

~~~~~sigh~~~~~ I don't feel that I really complained a lot...just asked them to fix the cam within a reasonable time and reposition the lens so we could see Jock on the bottom floor of the gorilla house, and zoom in once-in-a-while when the kidlets are playing near the hut:(
Odie

Post by Odie »

awwwwwwwww what a shame Kathy!

I usually don't bother anymore as its always down

so much for the gorilla gang.:thinking:
Odie

Post by Odie »

yup.......still down, I have contacted them.

not sure why I am even bothering as they don't look into it nor care.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Odie;1334905 wrote: yup.......still down, I have contacted them.

not sure why I am even bothering as they don't look into it nor care.

A member from the zoo emailed me back and said it should be back up & running in a couple of days.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Camera is still down. Why does the cam keep breaking down??

Bummer, I miss the gorillas !!!
Odie

Post by Odie »

Odie;1335112 wrote: A member from the zoo emailed me back and said it should be back up & running in a couple of days.

Did you read my post from yesterday Kathy?
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Just saw that the web cam is up and running. Now I can see our gorilla friends again tomorrow morning...woohoo!!!!!!!
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Could someone who lives in Bristol...Julie?...Spot?...please have a word with the techies in charge of the gorilla web cam.

The web cam is finally up and running, but the angle is not adjusted properly to view the gorillas in my opinion.

The inside cam is too close, and you can't see the bottom floor properly. That's where Jock sit patiently awaiting his meals:wah:

The outside cam is also too close to see where Jock sits on the rocks, near the water, waiting patiently for the keepers, on the pavilion, to throw food at him:wah:

Also, can't they switch the cam angles around sometimes a bit to view other parts of gorilla island?

I can't complain anymore as they've told me that they can't watch the cam 24/7.....Oy vey:thinking:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1336264 wrote: Could someone who lives in Bristol...Julie?...Spot?...please have a word with the techies in charge of the gorilla web cam.

The web cam is finally up and running, but the angle is not adjusted properly to view the gorillas in my opinion.

The inside cam is too close, and you can't see the bottom floor properly. That's where Jock sit patiently awaiting his meals:wah:

The outside cam is also too close to see where Jock sits on the rocks, near the water, waiting patiently for the keepers, on the pavilion, to throw food at him:wah:

Also, can't they switch the cam angles around sometimes a bit to view other parts of gorilla island?

I can't complain anymore as they've told me that they can't watch the cam 24/7.....Oy vey:thinking:

Seems they can't do anything right can they?

I guess they don't check themselves after repairs.:-5

I just received an email a few days ago to say they would have it up and running.

I have no patience in sending them a second email.:rolleyes:
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Now the outside cam has blue screen:thinking:

I have a feeling that this gorilla cam will become a thing of the past. It makes me very sad as we won't see our gorilla friends again.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I finally gave up on the Bristol Zoo correcting the gorilla web cam and threw in the towel.

I give up with them caring about the people who love the gorilla cam and watch these lovely animals everyday.

They finally got rid of the blue screen, and now have positioned the indoor camera where you can't see the lower floor, and the outdoor cam is pointing into points unknown.

Damn!!!!!
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oh, the cams are up and running beautifully...been watching our gorilla friends all morning:-4

Looks bright, sunny and beautiful in Bristol today..good day for the gorilla kidlets to play in the sunshine
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

It's another bright day in Bristol. Our gorilla friends are outside the hut area having a feast of different foods thrown to them by the zoo keepers, from across the pavillion.

The kidlets are running amock outside in the sunshine:-4 Life is good:-6

Webcams | Bristol Zoo

Here's a picture of Salomi and Kamale and Jock...

Attached files
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

4 webcams and not one of them is working. Gorilla webcams have not been working for a month now.....

Even the 2 new ones, seals and penguins, are not working...Why???
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I noticed it as well hopefully when the holiday's are over staff will be on top of it and fix them. :)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

CARLA;1349048 wrote: I noticed it as well hopefully when the holiday's are over staff will be on top of it and fix them. :)

I've been asking them for a month to fix the cameras to no avail.,,,just, yes we'll fix it.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Webcams are on YEAH!! I hate that the one is on the top level they need to pan back. :)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Carla and Chonsi,

The inside gorilla web cam is up and running, but the outside cam has blue screen yet again.

It's great to see Jock and kidlets again.

Jock is hungry!

Gorilla webcams | Bristol Zoo
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oscar said that the zoo is making Jock's enclosure in the house larger...that's wonderful.

I've asked her to give the zoo a shout out to lower the camera a wee bit, so we can see Jock sitting near the door on right....Hahaha..waiting for his tucker!

It's good though to see the cameras working a bit better. I miss watching the gorillas.
Oscar Namechange

Kathy Ellen;1364093 wrote: Oscar said that the zoo is making Jock's enclosure in the house larger...that's wonderful.

I've asked her to give the zoo a shout out to lower the camera a wee bit, so we can see Jock sitting near the door on right....Hahaha..waiting for his tucker!

It's good though to see the cameras working a bit better. I miss watching the gorillas.

I put a link on Facebook for you about a month ago Kathy all about Gorilla Island being expanded and I hoped you would see It.

I have searched my local paper and I can not seem to find the article again :-5

I am not getting a reply today, maybe because It Is Saturday but first thing I Monday I will phone the Zoo re: the camera's.

I am so fortunate that a short car drive means I can look Jock In the eye.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Ahhh, You're a lucky girl to see Jock up close and personal Julie.

Oh, I didn't know you put up a link for me on fb...I don't go there too often and it's a lot to read back sometimes. I will look later for it. Did you put it on my wall? Thank you for doing that.

And thanks for giving the zoo a call...appreciate it!!!!!!!!

Return to “Pets Animals”