Bristol Zoo live Gorilla web cam.

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Odie;1280036 wrote: none of them are inside, they must be outside.:(

outside one does not work!:-5

It's pitch black out there now, be surprised if they were out!
Odie

Post by Odie »

Betty Boop;1280041 wrote: It's pitch black out there now, be surprised if they were out!

oh that's right, so where are they?:sneaky:
Life is just to short for drama.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Odie;1280042 wrote: oh that's right, so where are they?:sneaky:

Something is in there somewhere as I can see the ropes moving, maybe they are camera shy :wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Betty Boop;1280044 wrote: Something is in there somewhere as I can see the ropes moving, maybe they are camera shy :wah:

:wah::wah:

wow, they finally changed the view!

I also think their room may be much bigger than what the camera can view.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oh, I was so excited to finally have a few minutes to peek into the zoo this morning and see at least the inside camera was working.

I was so happy to receive a "Happy New Year" Bristol Zoo update. I love this zoo:-6
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I loved watching the wee one breakdancing on the upper area this morning. Wish they'd pull the camera back a wee bit so we can see the bottom floor and open the top right door instead of the left door...can't see the gorillas if they go out the left door.

Think I'll email them again.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I asked them to do just that KE as Jock spends most of his time on the bottom level waiting for food.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Odie

Post by Odie »

CARLA;1280708 wrote: I asked them to do just that KE as Jock spends most of his time on the bottom level waiting for food.

and Jock is your champion!:D
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

CARLA;1280708 wrote: I asked them to do just that KE as Jock spends most of his time on the bottom level waiting for food.

Good Carla,

I asked them to do exactly the same thing:-6 I miss seeing Jock.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I emailed Lucy, PR manager, of the Bristol Zoo and the gorilla cam. She passed my email onto a techie guy and he adjusted the camera.

Unfortunately, we can't see the right side of the area and not the bottom area at all where poor Jock waits for his tucker....looking so forlornly out the door for food:wah:

I've pestered the poor woman again and asked her to move the camera more to the right and down a bit to see Jock.

Maybe Spot will indeed take a walk over to the zoo and situate the camera.

I'm just obsessed with the gorilla's lives there. It's a lovely zoo.
Odie

Post by Odie »

one is just sitting looking around, thinking, hmmmmmmmm where is everyone!:yh_rotfl
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

These gorillas are so cute....I watched them a few times this week. The 2 wee ones, Kamale and Namoki, were constantly wrestling being annoying and Jock just watched them patiently:wah:.

Today as they were having lunch Jock spied an intruder gorilla and chased him away. Boy, Jock is a fast runner.

The other night I woke up at 3 AM and watched the fella clean the gorilla house. What a mess. He piled the wood wool up to about 4 ft. then swept the house and washed it down. Lots of work there, and I'm glad that I don't have to do it.
Odie

Post by Odie »

awwwwwwwwwww all sound asleep.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Damn...camera is down again:-1

I miss our gorilla's antics.

Again, I woke up the other morning at 4 AM USA time....I had to turn on the gorilla house and watched the 2 fellas cleaning the house. They were so funny and joking around all the time. I'm happy that our gorilla pals have nice, young men to keep their house neat and clean;)

By the time they finished cleaning it was 5 AM...time for me to get up for work:wah:

I'm so obsessed with the gorillas.....just lubs them:-4

I think I'm also interested in gorillas also because my niece Karen spent 6 months in the Kakamega National Reserve in Kenya, Africa. She was doing research on the blue monkeys. We lived vicariously through her adventures there.

I asked Karen what she ate there and she said "Cabbage." What...cabbage???? says I, You're in the rain forest...what about all of the fruit trees????"

She told me that the fruit trees belong to the people who live there, and you dare not eat them...The people who lived in the rain forest were so nice to Karen and invited her to dinner quite often.:D I'm so thankful that they took care of her. This was a very stressful time for us as it was in 1998 the day of the USA embassy bombing in Kenya. Karen had walked right passed this embassy the day before the bombing on her trek into the rain forest:mad:
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Damn....the webcams have been down almost all week:mad:

I need my gorilla fix:-1

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I wonder if the year of the "Gorilla" is over and the webcams are off. The outside cam has been off for at least a month or more.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

CARLA;1287136 wrote: I wonder if the year of the "Gorilla" is over and the webcams are off. The outside cam has been off for at least a month or more.

I think it's time we emailed them again Carla. I'm going to do it now.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Yes, no gorilla cams, and I checked all weekend long.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi to my gorillas lover friends.....I forgot...What name did Oscar give us gorilla lovers:confused::wah:

I have a contact person at the Bristol Zoo...She is a PR manager and her name is Lucy Parkinson....lparkinson@bristolzoo.org.uk. She's a lovely person and will email you back usually the next day...except for weekends.

I sent the poor woman another email about the web cams. I'm driving her crazy for sure. She said that the snow caused some issues with the cams and they are trying to fix them....They're still investigating and hoping to resolving issues soon.

At least the inside cam is back on again. I was so delighted to see the gorillas again last night.

WOoooHooooooo:p

I was looking again at some of the beautiful pictures that Spot put up of the gorillas and their homeland....Thanks again Spot:-6

Salome and her male youngster Komale, who will be two in DEcember, eye up the pumpkin that has arrived in the gorilla enclosure at Bristol Zoo Gardens for Halloween....Oct. 2008

Gorilla Island playground...

Jock looks mad...The kidlets must have taken his food:yh_rotfl

Jock's other wife Romina with their baby Namoki...

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Thanks KE I love these pictures I miss watching them ..:-1
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Well the inside camera is up today can't see much except the top level of the inside enclosure but I'm happy. :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Carla, I sent Lucy another email to ask her to tell the techie guy to lower the camera 2 days ago so we can see Jock. Hope they adjust the camera soon.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Kathy Ellen;1288012 wrote: Carla, I sent Lucy another email to ask her to tell the techie guy to lower the camera 2 days ago so we can see Jock. Hope they adjust the camera soon.

I've sent another message, this morning, to the zoo asking them to lower the camera so we can see Jock. Haven't heard from anyone yet:-1....bummer.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I wish the would get the outside cam up..
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Well this guy was sweeping out the lower level just now (9.30 UK), had a good laugh, because he really didn't have any organisation. He swept stuff out of the rear 'gate/door' then came back and swept again, where he had just swept before, then yet again around the camera side of the equipment, swept that outside, then came back to the same place and repeated it. Then he did the other side again, that he already did twice before ! Normally, I would have thought, one would start at one end, and gradually sweep systematically right across the lower level, building up one pile of rubbish, and sweep that gradually towards the gate/door collecting all the scattered bits of rubbish into the one pile as one progresses - one trip ! Nah, too easy ----- it's a man doing it, innit ! :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :rolleyes:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Ahhhhhhh wee Kamale is so cute. He's like a typical kid....spinning around, tumbling and having lots of fun.

He's pulling the wood wool into smaller bundles, smelling it, throwing it up in the air, packing it around him, making a bed of it and just loving it:wah:

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I check up on our gorilla friends everynight to make sure they're ok.;)

I went to bed late last night and peeked in on the gorilla house about 3 A.M. and there were Salome and Kamale, upstairs, cudding and playing for about a half hour. Man oh man...she does adore her son.

It was just so endearing to watch mother and son hug and play together. It touched my heart.:-4

Anyone know where Kera is....She doesn't seem to be a part of the group.

Gorilla Island

Odie

Post by Odie »

they look so bored inside.:(
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

The outside camera was up this morning, hope it stays that way. :-6:-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I was just looking at the outside cam and realizing that the visitor's viewing area, across the meandering stream from Gorilla Island, has no barriers.

Just read that gorillas do not swim. The larger apes have a center of gravity in the upper torso and will sink if they try to swim.

They keep focusing on the top floor of the gorilla house. Wish they'd keep the camera at an angle where we can see both floors. I won't email them again....Think I'm becoming a pest asking them to keep adjusting the camera.:o They basically told me that they can't watch the webcam 24/7.

*******mega sigh*******
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

The Great Escape Of Gorilla Bokito - Video

This big guy escaped over a moat..

The Zoo spokeswoman said Bokito was shot with a sedative dart and recaptured. It was not immediately clear how the black-backed male managed to climb the high stone walls surrounding his enclosure.

"He got over the moat, which in itself is remarkable because gorillas can't swim," told the Zoo director to reporters. "He got onto a path for visitors and started running and went at full speed through tables and diners at the Oranje restaurant."

[QUOTE]

Just read that gorillas do not swim. The larger apes have a center of gravity in the upper torso and will sink if they try to swim.

[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

The article that I read also say that gorillas can swim a bit, but can't float and stay in the higher part of the water. So, I guess that they can't swim far.

That was a shocking video Carla. That poor gorilla was so angry and scary. But what a gorgeous animal.

Wonder if Bristol Zoo saw this video:confused::wah:
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

The gorilla web cam has not been working for me since last week. Does it work for you?

The one flippin week that I have off from work, and the camera is not working:-1

I miss my gorilla fix:p
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

9 times out of 10 that I visit this webcam, the screen is black! One time that the cam was actually working (inside only though), there was a fella cleaning out and sweeping. No Gorillas! Ah, c'est la vie! :-5:-5:-5 Today the screens are both black! Not sure what the problem is, but I wish they'd sort it out. If the zoo rents this equipment they should withold payment ! If they have bought it, then they should get it flippin well sorted ! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :rolleyes:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

If you click on this link it takes you the outside view only but it works.:-6

CheckItLive.com : Bristol Zoo Gorillas, Bristol, England
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

CARLA;1300228 wrote: If you click on this link it takes you the outside view only but it works.:-6

Thanks Carla. I've been told by the pr manager that they can't monitor the webcam 24/7:wah: Why is the cam, at times, not working for over a month though?
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Camera's still not working:confused:
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I tried both sites today nothing working. :-1
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

This is so upsetting to me that I can't see our gorilla friends. I've grown to love this family of gorillas and miss them so much.

I check in everyday just to make sure that they're all ok.

I can't understand why it takes so long for the Bristol Zoo to fix this camera.

Oh, I'm so sad :-1:-1:-1

I don't think many people will want to log onto this site if the camera is not fixed in a timely fashion.....bummer....
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

This outside link webcam is working watching them right now.

ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Now this live camera has 'blue screen.' I give up with these bloody cameras ever being fixed correctly:-1
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

All three cameras have the "Blue Screen of death" as we call it. I'm getting the feeling that the "Year of the Gorilla" is over, the the WEBCAM are off for good, hope I'm wrong.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO...The cameras are finally up and running again.

Just wish they'd pull the inside camera back a wee bit so we could see Jock better. All I can see is the top of his head. Think I'll email them and maybe they'll fix it this week:-3

It's so good to see our gorilla friends:-4 I've missed watching them so much.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Ahhhhh, the whole family is out and the kidlets are playing.

Some dopey visitor threw food across to Jock, and he's eating it.

Visitors shouldn't be throwing food at the gorillas:mad:
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Yeah...!! looks like better camera's also much better picture. :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

CARLA;1304184 wrote: Yeah...!! looks like better camera's also much better picture. :-6

It was lovely to see our friends yesterday Carla....

Unfortunately, the new camera inside is already no working:confused::-1

Oy vey:(
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

It was so nice to watch the gorillas playing in the house and outside this morning. The kids are getting very big now. They'll have to build a bigger house.:wah:

Does anyone know what's happening with the new gorilla Kira? Thought she was supposed to become part of the family and never see her.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I laughed outloud this morning the kids were wrestling in the hay on the upper level. Jock was sitting in his usual position by the door waiting for food. When a ton of hay came tumbling down on his head, you would of thought it was going to kill him he immediately dusted it off looked up at the kids as if to say, do that again and your in trouble, then moved.. :yh_rotfl
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

The Gorilla The Gorilla.....its always the Gorilla with you people.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1308321 wrote: The Gorilla The Gorilla.....its always the Gorilla with you people.

your just jealous you don't look like Jock.

he's inside now waiting for his lunch.:D

Return to “Pets Animals”