Bristol Zoo live Gorilla web cam.

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

The wee one was spinning around as if he was break dancing....think momma told him to stop:wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1250632 wrote: The wee one was spinning around as if he was break dancing....think momma told him to stop:wah:

nasty mom, break dancing is fun.....a kids gotta have fun.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Odie

Post by Odie »

nothing to see today they must be out of the camera's range....

there is something small crawling across the top of the hut.:confused:
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

WOW....a wee while ago, Salome went around the corner from where the logs are to another area that I've never seen before.

She was sitting down on a rock and kept looking up at the camera that keep zooming in on her and following her around...Think someone was in the control room ????? She had a very suspicious look on her face and kept looking at the camera sideways:wah: She is Very, very cute:-4
Odie

Post by Odie »

wow Jock is huge! He's inside pacing!

must be getting ready for lunch!:yh_rotfl

Julie, do them take them in over your winter, or does it not get cold enough?
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, I got to see them today!
Odie

Post by Odie »

must be dinner time, the trainer is behind her door.:wah:

thanks again Oscar for posting this, its such an enjoyment to come here and watch them live and the funny things they do everyday.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

One of the birds is inside waiting by the food door-ha, watch out Jock, someone is going to get your food first! :wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

everyone is inside playing and getting ready for bed.
Odie

Post by Odie »

I missed them outside again today, there inside now as its dark.
Odie

Post by Odie »

here Abbey, you bull-dog baby!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
abbey

Post by abbey »

Thankyou. :-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

Jock's inside wrestling with a pillow!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

one of them is playing tug a rope!:yh_rotfl
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

JOCK and his family will have a white Christmas snow on the ground on "Gorilla Island." JOCK needs to put his sweater on. :-6:-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, I got to watch them yesterday, I wonder what they think of the snow.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Ahhh, poor Jock is waiting for food. I also wonder if they like the snow Chonsi....
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

It's funny......none of the gorillas with the exception of mother and the 2 kids seem to have an interaction with each other in this area of the web cam. I know they're social creatures and wonder if they socialize elsewhere:confused:
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

It's a typical day in Jock's house. Kidlets are upstairs gorilla'ing around and Jock is downstairs waiting for his tucker:wah::-4

spot

Post by spot »

There was plenty of socializing when I visited yesterday afternoon but my goodness there was a chill breeze blowing. They were all indoors, the gorillas. One of the two adult females was doing what, had they been human, would have qualified as tidying up after the children. It was cold walking there, it was cold being there, the meerkats were huddled behind glass, the pygmy hippos were both staying underwater, even Felicity decided after an hour that she'd be happier back in a warm room with some bread and milk.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

spot;1275763 wrote: There was plenty of socializing when I visited yesterday afternoon but my goodness there was a chill breeze blowing. They were all indoors, the gorillas. One of the two adult females was doing what, had they been human, would have qualified as tidying up after the children. It was cold walking there, it was cold being there, the meerkats were huddled behind glass, the pygmy hippos were both staying underwater, even Felicity decided after an hour that she'd be happier back in a warm room with some bread and milk.

Oh, how I wish that I could take a walk over to the Bristol Zoo to see the animals Spot. You have to post some recent pictures of Felicity. She must be getting so big now.

I remember downloading information about the females and the babies either from the Bristol site or from google. I've misplace it and can't put my finger on it. Do you know of a site that shows pictures of the females and babies that gives information about each gorilla? If so, could you let me know? Thanks.
spot

Post by spot »

Gorilla Island might be it. An update on the progress of the newest addition to the Zoo?s gorilla family has interesting background too.

I'll see whether Felicity's clean enough to be photographed over Christmas. She's going through a Stig Of The Dump phase.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

spot;1275770 wrote: Gorilla Island might be it. An update on the progress of the newest addition to the Zoo?s gorilla family has interesting background too.

I'll see whether Felicity's clean enough to be photographed over Christmas. She's going through a Stig Of The Dump phase.

Ahhhh, I'd love to see some pictures of her. She is a precious, wee girl.

Thanks for the sites. I'll look into them now.

I just love the gorillas now after being exposed to watching them on the Bristol Zoo webcam. I watched Jock and the kidlets all morning. I haven't been to the zoo in a long time. The closest ones to me are in Philly and the Bronx.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Thank you Spot. "Gorilla Island" was the exact site I was looking for....don't know how I missed it.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

The webcams have the "blue screen of death" this morning. How cold did it get there yesterday.? :(
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

spot

Post by spot »

Last night was more thaw than freeze, maybe the webcams got wet for the first time in a week.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Why do those web cams have blue screen again:thinking:

I want to see the gorillas:-1
Odie

Post by Odie »

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm not working again.:-5
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

What is the "blue screen of death?"

Blue Screen of Death Survival Guide: Every Error Explained | Maximum PC

"Picture this: It’s late at night, you’re sitting at your computer playing a game or working on a project when, suddenly, Windows freezes completely. All your work is gone, and you find a blue screen full of gibberish staring back at you. Windows is dead, Jim, at least until you reboot it. You have no choice but to sigh loudly, shake your fist at Bill Gates and angrily push the reset button. You’ve just been visited by the ghost of windows crashed: the Blue Screen of Death.

Also known as the BSoD, the Blue Screen of Death appears when Windows crashes or locks up. It’s actually a Windows “stop” screen, and is designed to do two things: tell you the reason for the error, and to calm your nerves, hence the use of the color blue (studies show it has a relaxing effect on people). Though Blue Screens are difficult to decipher, all the information you need to figure out what caused it is right there in front of you in blue and white—and that’s where we come in. We’re going to show you how to dissect the blue screen error details, so you can fix the problem that’s causing them."
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Kathy Ellen;1276387 wrote: What is the "blue screen of death?"

Blue Screen of Death Survival Guide: Every Error Explained | Maximum PC

"Picture this: It’s late at night, you’re sitting at your computer playing a game or working on a project when, suddenly, Windows freezes completely. All your work is gone, and you find a blue screen full of gibberish staring back at you. Windows is dead, Jim, at least until you reboot it. You have no choice but to sigh loudly, shake your fist at Bill Gates and angrily push the reset button. You’ve just been visited by the ghost of windows crashed: the Blue Screen of Death.

Also known as the BSoD, the Blue Screen of Death appears when Windows crashes or locks up. It’s actually a Windows “stop” screen, and is designed to do two things: tell you the reason for the error, and to calm your nerves, hence the use of the color blue (studies show it has a relaxing effect on people). Though Blue Screens are difficult to decipher, all the information you need to figure out what caused it is right there in front of you in blue and white—and that’s where we come in. We’re going to show you how to dissect the blue screen error details, so you can fix the problem that’s causing them."

I just watched a music video and a video of the horse race but cannot see the gorillas :confused:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Jazzy;1276399 wrote: I just watched a music video and a video of the horse race but cannot see the gorillas :confused:

their webcams are down again.:-5
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Why does it take so long for the zoo to fix their web cams:thinking:

I finally have time off to watch the gorillas, and now there's blue screen.

I've sent 2 emails asking for them to fix their cams to no avail.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Kathy Ellen;1276433 wrote: Why does it take so long for the zoo to fix their web cams:thinking:

Maybe Spot could walk over there and tell them to fix this :wah:
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

It's been a blue blue Christmas.

YouTube - Elvis Presley
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Kathy Ellen;1276433 wrote: Why does it take so long for the zoo to fix their web cams:thinking:

It's Sunday here, there won't be anyone around to fix it now, and being bank holiday tomorrow I'd not be surprised if IT staff are not around until Tuesday at the earliest.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Betty Boop;1276489 wrote: It's Sunday here, there won't be anyone around to fix it now, and being bank holiday tomorrow I'd not be surprised if IT staff are not around until Tuesday at the earliest.

Thanks Betty....I understand that, but it does seem to take a long time anyway for them to fix the cams when they need adjustments. They advertise that they have a tiger cam, and that cam hasn't worked at all, it seems.

I think Jazzy has a great idea. Maybe Spot can take a walk over to the zoo. I'm sure he can fix the cam himself ;):D

I miss my gorilla watch:-1
Odie

Post by Odie »

Oscar, where are you?:wah:
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Yes Oscar we need you I can handle the blue screen of death at work and home but can't do a thing about it on the WEB. :-5
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Where is Spot when we need him :-5
Odie

Post by Odie »

Jazzy;1276715 wrote: Where is Spot when we need him :-5

:yh_rotfl
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Camera is still not fixed:mad:

Need my gorilla fix:-1
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

DITTO... "blue screen of death" never a good thing this may take awhile. :(
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I hope the year of the Gorilla isn't over and there will be no more webcam, Nah they can do that to us. :-1
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

:-1 Oh, that is a sad thought. They probably are on holiday, and will fix it when they return.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

chonsigirl;1277947 wrote: :-1 Oh, that is a sad thought. They probably are on holiday, and will fix it when they return.

CARLA;1277946 wrote: I hope the year of the Gorilla isn't over and there will be no more webcam, Nah they can do that to us. :-1

I'm pretty sure the IT people will be back at work on Monday, I guess the zoo would have only run a 'skeleton' staff over the Christmas and New Year period.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I received a response to my email about the webcam issue. Betty is right won't be looked at till 1-4-2010 at the earliest everyone on Holiday..!!

[QUOTE]Dear Mardelle,

We appreciate your interest at Bristol Zoo, we are aware that there is a problem with our Gorilla webcams at the moment but unfortunately we cannot resolve the situation until after the 4th January 2010.

We apologise for the inconvenience

Kind Regards, Receptionist

[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

It's after the 4th and still the "blue screen of death" for both webcams. :(
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

CARLA;1279866 wrote: It's after the 4th and still the "blue screen of death" for both webcams. :(

The weather is appalling here in the UK Carla, I suspect the priorities are the welfare of the animals right now. It could be, that given the weather, the IT staff are unable to even get into work.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Good news the inside webcam is up YEAH..!! :D

Your right Betty I forget that everyones weather isn't like San Diego's. :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Odie

Post by Odie »

none of them are inside, they must be outside.:(

outside one does not work!:-5

Return to “Pets Animals”