What makes you laugh about your pet?

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

We have a German Shepherd dog, Rex (that was the name he had when we adopted him aged 8 years). He has a strange love of socks! When we first had him, he would growl possessively at us if we tried to remove a sock that he had in his mouth, that he had 'found'. Over time we have managed to ween him from this possessive streak, and now, when he 'finds' any socks (and he nicks them out of the washing machine if I'm not quick enough closing the door !), he will place the sock carefully at our feet, when asked, and allow us to retrieve it with no hassles. Can't help but give him a big cuddle when this happens, he's such a gorgeously entertaining animal and has become so placid with us - he has us in stitches! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl But, woe betide anybody who tries to do us harm, or tries to enter our house uninvited !

Attached files
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Last night, hubby found a neatly rolled pair of freshly washed socks, carefully placed next to the watering can in our patio! They must have been there for a while, as they were a little damp from the evening's rain showers ! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Must be alot of things my pup does. One is follow me around with his squeeky toy and expertly hits the back of each leg as I walk. Yeah, squeek, squeek, squeek etc. :yh_rotfl

He climbs into my laundry basket of clean clothes. Must love the scent of my dryer sheets. :yh_rotfl

More to come as I think of them.
Odie

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1190353 wrote: We have a German Shepherd dog, Rex (that was the name he had when we adopted him aged 8 years). He has a strange love of socks! When we first had him, he would growl possessively at us if we tried to remove a sock that he had in his mouth, that he had 'found'. Over time we have managed to ween him from this possessive streak, and now, when he 'finds' any socks (and he nicks them out of the washing machine if I'm not quick enough closing the door !), he will place the sock carefully at our feet, when asked, and allow us to retrieve it with no hassles. Can't help but give him a big cuddle when this happens, he's such a gorgeously entertaining animal and has become so placid with us - he has us in stitches! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl But, woe betide anybody who tries to do us harm, or tries to enter our house uninvited !

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

great thread Gill!:guitarist:guitarist:guitarist

he takes them out of the washing machine?

and he brings to you to throw for him.......awwwwwwwwww you gotta love him!:guitarist:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Jack, my cat........plays ball like a dog!

only we call it mousie!:sneaky:

its just a small furry ball.........but it makes a noise.

so he brings it me, and I throw it for him, he bring it back and I throw it for him!

not your average cat!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

I have a border collie who will play hide the ball all by himself.

He places a ball on the floor then fetches one of the dog towels and puts the towel over the ball then he will pounce on the ball, once he has 'found' the ball he kicks it along the floor dragging the towel in his teeth until he thinks the ball needs to be 'found'again and he starts all over.

My beagle loves to sleep but is very fussy he will get up on the couch and sit next to us he will then huff and groan and prod us until we give him a cushion to put his head on. only then can he settle down!
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Many with mine but the strangest was one day my nephew who lived in his dad's house took on a rescue boxer. He seemed to settle in well until they had to go to work on the monday. They left the dog alone in the house with the back door open to the secluded garden so he could pee. On return from work they found the Boxer had removed every stick of furnature even a heavy kitchen table and chairs by dragging each piece out into the garden.

When my 'Mulder was a pup, and my handbag was on the floor, he learnt to undo it and drag out every item. Phone, keys etc. Scully would then get quite cross with him and carefully place each item back in thye bag piece by piece, lie on it and snarl at him.

Mulder gets very excited when leaving the house for a walk and if he needs to go for a pee on route, he's so determined to get in the field that he doesn't want to stop walking. This resulted in him, when quite young, lifting his entire back body up in the air into a hand stand, to pee while he carries on walking on his front legs.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Post by Odie »

Victoria;1190413 wrote: I have a border collie who will play hide the ball all by himself.

He places a ball on the floor then fetches one of the dog towels and puts the towel over the ball then he will pounce on the ball, once he has 'found' the ball he kicks it along the floor dragging the towel in his teeth until he thinks the ball needs to be 'found'again and he starts all over.

My beagle loves to sleep but is very fussy he will get up on the couch and sit next to us he will then huff and groan and prod us until we give him a cushion to put his head on. only then can he settle down!

that's to cool, he hides he ball!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I love beagles! to funny, he wants his on pillow to!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

oscar;1190827 wrote: Many with mine but the strangest was one day my nephew who lived in his dad's house took on a rescue boxer. He seemed to settle in well until they had to go to work on the monday. They left the dog alone in the house with the back door open to the secluded garden so he could pee. On return from work they found the Boxer had removed every stick of furnature even a heavy kitchen table and chairs by dragging each piece out into the garden.

When my 'Mulder was a pup, and my handbag was on the floor, he learnt to undo it and drag out every item. Phone, keys etc. Scully would then get quite cross with him and carefully place each item back in thye bag piece by piece, lie on it and snarl at him.

Mulder gets very excited when leaving the house for a walk and if he needs to go for a pee on route, he's so determined to get in the field that he doesn't want to stop walking. This resulted in him, when quite young, lifting his entire back body up in the air into a hand stand, to pee while he carries on walking on his front legs.
That is so cute. Must have been so funny to watch. :yh_rotfl
Lydia Dustbin

Post by Lydia Dustbin »

We have 2 Bengal cats and their character is very dog like. They play fetch and have a habit of hiding things behind the sofa, I don't just mean their toys but we have found things like pens, clothes pegs, envelopes and packets of sweets to name but a few hidden behind there.

Another thing that they do is chase each other around the house, they will zoom up and down the stairs, in and out of various rooms, when they run around upstairs they sound like a herd of rhino:D they are great cats.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

We had a springer called Aramis. When we moved house we'd been told the place was haunted. Whenever Aramis sat in a certain place beside the fire he would yelp and run off.

Certain people became convinced that the dog was being pinched by a ghost :-2 . I never did admit to the fact that whilst doing the housework one day I discovered a huge tack sticking up in the exact spot the dog liked to sit, obviously I removed it.

I never told anyone though, although I did say I had 'cleansed the room of all spirits' they still think there was a pinching ghost :sneaky::wah:

Return to “Pets Animals”