Do you want to see REAL EXTREME ANIMAL CRUELTY? Face the truth and do something now!

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Oscar Namechange

Do you want to see REAL EXTREME ANIMAL CRUELTY? Face the truth and do something now!

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I'm gathering some of the worst links i can find for this thread. Please look at the animals in these pictures sufferring. Read the details about the scum thugs who did this to these animals and then ask your self....... what are you going to do?

Turn a blind eye again?

Anthony John Docherty admits torturing and killing pets at Paisley Sheriff Court | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News

The Scottish Sun launches a camaign against the rising tide of animal cruelty in Scotland | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News

Tied to a post and left to die | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News

The body of a dog is found in a river in Alness, Easter Ross, with two 2kg weights tied to it | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News

Scottish Sun campaign to stop cruelty to animals and support the SSPCA | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News

Sicko cooked kitten in a microwave | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News

Black labrador is battered and has its throat slit in Roxburghshire | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News

Reward to find killer | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News

Now what do you think should be done?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Oscar I agree with you this is not taken seriously.

Subsitute the word dog or cat with child and there would have been life sentaces and public outcries, special taskforces would have been set up to combat the people involved, but yeah 'its just a dog/cat'

During our last election here there was a party who refused to sign the total ban on import or use of dog and cat fur ( mostly from China).

Unable to do anything else I wrote and told them what scumbag cowards they were and how my vote would not now or ever being going to them in light of their disgusting view on this horrific trade.

I have also protested the standing of animal cruelty in the law, in this country the punishment for animal cruelty stood level with an offence such as destruction of a bus shelter!

Even now they are only just introducing the idea of a maximum 10 year ban on keeping animals, until now the max was 3 years.

Fines for animal cruelty will be increased ( no indication of amount) and the max prison sentence will be increased from 3 to 6 months!

I love this country but sometimes I just despair of them. To be fair all prison sentances are much shorter here than in the UK or USA. But 3-6 months just leaves me speachless at the fuitilty of it all.

Short of resorting to vigilate measures there is very little beyond the protests letter writing and using our vote in local and national elections that we can do.

Of course I support animal charities and groups asking for tighter controls on animal ownership and breeding.

I also support the idea of the Dog Ownership Test as proposed in the UK The Dog Owner Suitability Test Proposal - Official Consultation

This might help stop impulse purchases, irresponsable breeders who sell to anyone with cash and keep tabs on those banned from keeping animals.

The fact is that until we (society) and thats all of us pet owners or not, tell those in power that we are not willing to put up with animal cruelty anymore it will continue to happen and go largely unpunished.

So its not down to 'someone' or 'them' it up to us to be motivated and do whatever we can to help animals find justice.
abbey

Post by abbey »

oscar;1184603 wrote: I'm gathering some of the worst links i can find for this thread. Please look at the animals in these pictures sufferring. Read the details about the scum thugs who did this to these animals and then ask your self....... what are you going to do?

Turn a blind eye again?

Anthony John Docherty admits torturing and killing pets at Paisley Sheriff Court | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News

The Scottish Sun launches a camaign against the rising tide of animal cruelty in Scotland | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News

Tied to a post and left to die | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News

The body of a dog is found in a river in Alness, Easter Ross, with two 2kg weights tied to it | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News

Scottish Sun campaign to stop cruelty to animals and support the SSPCA | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News

Sicko cooked kitten in a microwave | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News

Black labrador is battered and has its throat slit in Roxburghshire | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News

Reward to find killer | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News

Now what do you think should be done?No Oscar, what do you think should be done?
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I think she asked us first. And I think Victoria has a good bead on it for starters. :)
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

oscar;1184603 wrote: I'm gathering some of the worst links i can find

Now what do you think should be done?

I think banning the Jocks from having pets would be a good start.

Banning the keeping of pets worldwide would solve the problem, and save on carbon emissions, too.
Oscar Namechange

Victoria;1184646 wrote: Oscar I agree with you this is not taken seriously.

Subsitute the word dog or cat with child and there would have been life sentaces and public outcries, special taskforces would have been set up to combat the people involved, but yeah 'its just a dog/cat'

During our last election here there was a party who refused to sign the total ban on import or use of dog and cat fur ( mostly from China).

Unable to do anything else I wrote and told them what scumbag cowards they were and how my vote would not now or ever being going to them in light of their disgusting view on this horrific trade.

I have also protested the standing of animal cruelty in the law, in this country the punishment for animal cruelty stood level with an offence such as destruction of a bus shelter!

Even now they are only just introducing the idea of a maximum 10 year ban on keeping animals, until now the max was 3 years.

Fines for animal cruelty will be increased ( no indication of amount) and the max prison sentence will be increased from 3 to 6 months!

I love this country but sometimes I just despair of them. To be fair all prison sentances are much shorter here than in the UK or USA. But 3-6 months just leaves me speachless at the fuitilty of it all.

Short of resorting to vigilate measures there is very little beyond the protests letter writing and using our vote in local and national elections that we can do.

Of course I support animal charities and groups asking for tighter controls on animal ownership and breeding.

I also support the idea of the Dog Ownership Test as proposed in the UK The Dog Owner Suitability Test Proposal - Official Consultation

This might help stop impulse purchases, irresponsable breeders who sell to anyone with cash and keep tabs on those banned from keeping animals.

The fact is that until we (society) and thats all of us pet owners or not, tell those in power that we are not willing to put up with animal cruelty anymore it will continue to happen and go largely unpunished.

So its not down to 'someone' or 'them' it up to us to be motivated and do whatever we can to help animals find justice. A fantastic post Victoria and heartfelt unlike some who think this is all a huge joke !!

First of all..... sorry to use the fox situation again as i know i'm repeating myself but when anti-hune protesters decided to do something, the only thing was to get the law changed. At the time it seemed an impossible task and yes, it took years but dedication and hard work by thousands if not a million people pulled it off. It only needs enough people and the same mindset and we can all do sommething.

The first thing to do is join the Scottish Sun newspapers campaign. Remember that Sharon Shoesmith the leader of Harringay Council only got sacked when baby P was murdered after The Sun ran a campaign and enough people caused such an outrage that the government was forced to act and Ed balls sacked her.

The same with fox hunting, we can start by lobbying MP's. If everyone disgusted by this gets as many people as they know to write to their local MP insisting they raise the issue in the House of Commons at prime Ministers question time. Start petitions demanding police investigations into these acts and nothing short of prosecutions. Then lobby Parliment to advise magistrates and judges to habd down stiffer sentences. Lobby the RSPCA to impose life time bans on keeping animals instead of the 10 year as we have here.

Lobby MP's to bring back dog licenses so every dog in the country has to be registered with a minimum of £250 to avoid impulse buying. The same with cats. As with exotic reptiles, every new born puppy must be registered and a fee of £50 for every pup born to stop puppy farming and selling on pups to anyone without checks. Every pup before being sold must be electronically tagged so any dog or cat found dead or abused can have the buyer traced immediately and prosecuted.

Lobby newspapers to print dates and times of court appearences of the abusers and turn up in force to show the authorites that the public is outraged.

Any more suggestions?

I will start with my local MP now.

Everyone has to do something...... don't wait for someone else to do it....... your apathy will see another animal tortured.

You can write your feelings on this thread and i will e mail the thread to my MP when it's finished for a start.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

oscar;1184676 wrote: some who think this is all a huge joke !!

What crap you spout there.

oscar;1184676 wrote: You can write your feelings on this thread and i will e mail the thread to my MP when it's finished for a start.

And why should you "e-mail this thread", containing posts with my name on them, without my permission?

If anyone's unable to contact their own MP (a simple search engine enquiry will do this), try: WriteToThem - Email or fax your Councillor, MP, MEP, MSP or Welsh, NI, London Assembly Member for free

Make your *own* opinion heard.
Oscar Namechange

Bill Sikes;1184686 wrote: What crap you spout there. You really do get nasty don't you?

And why should you "e-mail this thread", containing posts with my name on them, without my permission? It would simply have been points of view and i doubt any MP will track you down by your name and hold you to account. However, if you feel that strongly, i will use another method without your name being involved. We were just looking for idea's here.

If anyone's unable to contact their own MP (a simple search engine enquiry will do this), try: WriteToThem - Email or fax your Councillor, MP, MEP, MSP or Welsh, NI, London Assembly Member for free

Make your *own* opinion heard. Jocking about the Jocks being banned from keeping animals isn't very funny. It's happening all over the country not just Scotland.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

oscar;1184697 wrote: You really do get nasty don't you?

No. Telling me what I'm thinking when I post - that I think cruelty to animals is "a huge joke" - is being nasty. Calling this sort of opinion crap, when it is, is not nasty - it's fair comment.

oscar;1184697 wrote: i doubt any MP will track you down by your name and hold you to account

Why do you think I was thinking that? It is entirely beside the point of a co-contributor using material posted by others (and which is possibly owned by FG) to further their own ends.

oscar;1184697 wrote: We were just looking for idea's here.

Well, I posted an idea - for individuals to contact their representatives, using "http://www.writetothem.com" - this will carry far more weight than ant Tom, Dick, or Harry firing off a thread from some forum or other.

oscar;1184697 wrote: Jocking about the Jocks being banned from keeping animals isn't very funny. It's happening all over the country not just Scotland.

You posted a whole rake of articles pertaining to the Scots, and nothing else.
Oscar Namechange

Bill Sikes;1184702 wrote: No. Telling me what I'm thinking when I post - that I think cruelty to animals is "a huge joke" - is being nasty. Calling this sort of opinion crap, when it is, is not nasty - it's fair comment.

Why do you think I was thinking that? It is entirely beside the point of a co-contributor using material posted by others (and which is possibly owned by FG) to further their own ends.

Well, I posted an idea - for individuals to contact their representatives, using "http://www.writetothem.com" - this will carry far more weight than ant Tom, Dick, or Harry firing off a thread from some forum or other.

You posted a whole rake of articles pertaining to the Scots, and nothing else. The only reason they are Scottish articles is because The 'Scottish Sun' is running a campaign and they printed cases that had recently happened in their area. It was not an attack by myself on the Scots only. I'm hoping the English Sun will do one as well.
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

And yet again inhouse childish squabbles are leading us away from the point of this thread.

:-5:-5:-5
Oscar Namechange

Victoria;1184912 wrote: And yet again inhouse childish squabbles are leading us away from the point of this thread.

:-5:-5:-5 All we need now is for some-one to tell us the content of the thread is upsetting and we will be back to sqare one again.

I put this thread on so folk could see these poor animals and suggest idea's as to what we can do.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Victoria;1184912 wrote: And yet again inhouse childish squabbles are leading us away from the point of this thread.

-5 : 5 :-

See my suggestion to e-mail an MP if you can tear yourself away from the idea of "childish squabbles". It's possibly the only useful idea in this whole thread. Perhaps there's a Dutch equivalent.
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Bill Sikes;1184921 wrote: See my suggestion to e-mail an MP if you can tear yourself away from the idea of "childish squabbles". It's possibly the only useful idea in this whole thread. Perhaps there's a Dutch equivalent.

If of course you had read my first post you would have seen that I have already done that and more.

When are YOU going to be sending your letter of protest ?

You know my mother used to say if you cant say something nice then shut the f- up.

She is a very outspoken woman.
Oscar Namechange

Victoria;1184924 wrote: If of course you had read my first post you would have seen that I have already done that and more.

You know my mother used to say if you cant say something nice then shut the f- up.

This is a very interesting article about getting the law changed Victoria:

RSPCA records 70,000 cruelty cases in one year - This Britain, UK - The Independent

(Your mother and i would have got along very well :wah: )
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Victoria;1184924 wrote:

It's done.

Victoria;1184924 wrote: You know my mother used to say if you cant say something nice then shut the f- up.

That in itself that is an unpleasn't thing to say, isn't it. Joining in the "childish squabbles"? I'll leave you to them, if so.
abbey

Post by abbey »

RedGlitter;1184656 wrote: I think she asked us first. And I think Victoria has a good bead on it for starters. :)
Us as in Who?

Surely the thread is posted to the whole forum?
abbey

Post by abbey »

Bill Sikes;1184931 wrote: It's done.

That in itself that is an unpleasn't thing to say, isn't it. Joining in the "childish squabbles"? I'll leave you to them, if so.That's the best thing to do Bill, the thread was only put here to create a storm imo.
Oscar Namechange

abbey;1184949 wrote: That's the best thing to do Bill, the thread was only put here to create a storm imo. No.... I did not post it to create a storm. Although it was annoying the way some turned Pantoandy's thread about the dog being slashed into their own pity thread.

More and more newspapers are highlighting extreme animal cruelty cases these days far more than they used to because torturing animals is on the increase in this country. I added the links because the Scottish Sun has a campaign that i thought the members who really are sickened by thugs who do this, can join the campaign. All the time people turn a blind eye, these thugs get away with it time and time again and there is no deterent. I appreciate it's not a nice subject but the only way forward is to bring it to the attention of people who really care in the hope it will spur them into helping by being outraged.

I'm sorry you thought the thread was put on just to cause a storm or annoy members. If people don't care about these animals then nothing i post will make them care. It was posted for those of us who do care and want to face it head on.
abbey

Post by abbey »

D'ya know something Oscar, I'm not getting into this with you, it's pointless.

But Please....

I'm gathering some of the worst links i can find for this thread. Please look at the animals in these pictures sufferring.

WTF??? :rolleyes:
Oscar Namechange

abbey;1185031 wrote: D'ya know something Oscar, I'm not getting into this with you, it's pointless.

But Please....

WTF??? :rolleyes: Exactly..... we can all look at cute pics of kittens and puppies and say ahhhhh arn't they cute when the links i posted are happening weekly or daily. I could have posted 20 more but thought what i put was adequete to raise the fact that animal cruelty is getting more common and sadistic.

I do not want to get into an arguemnet either..... i just want people to see the variety of thug acts that i have posted. If i posted one link, it gives the impression that it's a one off case...... when it's not.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

abbey;1184947 wrote: Us as in Who?

Surely the thread is posted to the whole forum?

Us as in the whole forum, as you know. I noticed you had no actual reply, and that's what I had pointed out.
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

There is no moaning about upsetting sensabilities on either the baby raped thread or on the amber alert missing children thread.

But post about animals and there is a certain section who will deliberatly try to misguide or disrupt the thread.

Whilst I am not saying that these persons would harm an animal I would say that thier constant disruption of such threads leads me to believe that they are of that group that does not care.

Maybe they do not realise that their action in brushing this subject aside or refusing to act apon it is precisly the problem. By doing nothing you give the abuser permmission to carry on, by not openly condemming his/her actions you condone it.

Sitting on the fence may give them a nice view but it allows the horror to carry on unabated.

So please if you will not help then please please do not hinder those of us who are trying to do something.

Edmund Burke:

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

It really bites when one agrees with someone one doesn't like, dunnit? :rolleyes:

Not looking at the articles, but I have questions. What will writing the MPs do? What law (not already in place) will prevent this behavior?
Oscar Namechange

Accountable;1185284 wrote: It really bites when one agrees with someone one doesn't like, dunnit? :rolleyes:

Not looking at the articles, but I have questions. What will writing the MPs do? What law (not already in place) will prevent this behavior? There is already law in place to prevent the behaviour but in this country the offenders are not reated seriously enough. The same with the fox hunting campaign..... by making MP's aware of the growing statistics of animals being tortured by sicko's could lead to questions being raised by them in parliment IF enough people voice their disgust and out rage. It's while they think not too many folk are worried by it, that nothing changes. MP's can at least influence local police forces and judges to treat incidents more harshly and impose far tougher sentencing.

Return to “Pets Animals”