What sort of pets do you have?

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
daBunnyWendy7

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

I have 2 bunnies who are house trained, one spoiled kitty and a silly pug. My pug thinks she's a bunny-cat, having grown up with them. She even loves to crunch up dried banana chips that my bunnies love. She is very friendly with all pets she meets when we're out and about.

I'd love to hear about your pets! Share your stories!!!:)
Wendybunny

Everyone can make the world a better place!
daBunnyWendy7

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

Here is my pug, Jasmine.

This is Freckle bunny.

Wendybunny

Odie

Post by Odie »

daBunnyWendy7;1183767 wrote: Here is my pug, Jasmine.

This is Freckle bunny.

I love pugs, my son and his wife have one, just to cute.

love yours and your bunny!:guitarist:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
daBunnyWendy7

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

Pugs are very friendly & fun loving!I am a member of a pug owner group. I go to a park and meet w the other pug owners & their puggies. They all are SO MUCH FUN!!!
Wendybunny

Odie

Post by Odie »

daBunnyWendy7;1183775 wrote: Pugs are very friendly & fun loving!I am a member of a pug owner group. I go to a park and meet w the other pug owners & their puggies. They all are SO MUCH FUN!!!

oh fabulous, we have pug owner groups here to, that must be just so much fun!:guitarist:guitarist
daBunnyWendy7

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

It's a blast!!! Anywhere from 20 to 30 puggies usually, running around having a great time!!! It's SO MUCH FUN!!! Makes me smile, just thinking about it!:)
Wendybunny

Odie

Post by Odie »

daBunnyWendy7;1183780 wrote: It's a blast!!! Anywhere from 20 to 30 puggies usually, running around having a great time!!! It's SO MUCH FUN!!! Makes me smile, just thinking about it!:)

It's gotta be just overwhelming to see all the same type of dogs running around and playing together!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Hi

I now have 3 dogs who Im mad about.

Oscar a border collie who's 8. Benny also 8 whos a Beagle. and Remy who's nearly 4 and he is a boeren fox.

All my dogs are rescues I got all of them when they were 9mth -1year old.

Oscar was taken from his previous owners aged 9 mths He had been

beaten starved and shot with an air gun, one of the pellets caused a tumor in his leg which later had to be removed. He is now a lovely soppy dog but his early trauma has caused weakness in his hips so he can no longer run too much or jump in the car or get upstairs so I have to carry him or lift him in and out of the car.

Benny is sweet but a basket case again his owners thought beagle were cute puppies but when he didnt meet thier demands they beat the s*** out of him and tried to drown him. Even now he is terrified of water.

Remy which is a Dutch name meaning alone in the world, was dumped in a field and left to fend for himself he ate green potatoes and drank from the canal to survive, my son rescued him.

He is brain damaged the vet says one too many whacks on the head most likely caused it. Even after nearly 3 years he will 'freeze'at certain touches and flinches if anyone unexpectedly strokes him. But most of the time he is a happy soul and just loves cuddles and his toy teddy.

I love them to bits and their unconditional love keeps me sane.

Attached files
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

All my life i have had rescue dogs including 'Cara' the mental Alsation cross Rottwieler who ate Mr O's shed in our last house. I'm a big softie me for the really abused one's. I've never been able to bring myself to trawl the rescue homes for them so i used to have an agreement with the RSPCA and Dogs Trust where i'd say say 'bring me the worst case you've got'. Mostly, they were older dogs that didn't last long and of course, i would get all the vets bills at the end of their lives but after what some of them had been through, to just be able to give them a decent loving home and kindness in their last years meant alot to me.

I was the same with cats and all were the worst cases of abuse and starvation you can imagine. At one time, Mr O and i had 14 of them !!!!

We moved to a much smaller house a few years ago and my cats all passed away at very old ages. I'd love to replace them but i have to consider that we don't have the size of the house we used to now.

I'd always taken the larger dogs from the rescue homes but 14 years ago i decided i wanted a smaller dog and bought a Parson/Jack cross at 8 weeks old and called her Scully. Now, you can not have a Scully without a Mulder :wah: and a year later after much searching as the breed was almost unheard of then, we got our Mulder, a Pedigree Parson russell Terrier who's dad had won Crufts best of breed 1998 and 1999.

We added puppy Rosie 9 months ago when she was seen in a filthy cage in some-one's kitchen at around 8 weeks old and the guy was trying to get rid of her.

We have two cats now..... Peanut and Oscar. Both Pedigree Persians and thick as two short planks. Peanut was one of the worst cases of abuse and neglect i have ever seen. The RSPCA siezed 7 pedigree cats from a house near to me. All were in a small flat with a demented woman who was using them to breed and make money. By the time the RSPCA siezed them.... all had cat flu and worse. I ended up taking 5 of them immediately. Persians have deformed breathing any-way so the fluid on the lungs was very serious. Sadly, i could not save Peanuts twin brother and i could not save a Siamese..... just too far gone by the time i got them. I nursed the two Bengals and Peanut back to full health but i couldn't keep the Bengals as they are violent thugs :wah: I successfully re-homed them with people who had Bengals and understood the breed. Peanut's fur was so matted she couldn't move her neck and as soon as she got the all clear from the cat flu, she was put right under and shaved from head to foot. We were all horrified to find she had been starved and was skin and bone under all that matted fur.

Oscar came from Persian cat rescue. The owner phoned me one day and told me she had just got one in that was really really something special. He was 9 months old and he had been raised with dogs so i was the perfect choice for him. Oscar was very much loved by his owners and was in fantastic condition however as time went on, his owner began to get rashes and breathing difficulties. They so did not want to part with Oscar that they spent money on private allergy tests but sadly, there was no doubt that it was Oscar's fur and they were heart broken.

Then there is 'Clarkson' :wah: He can not really be described as a pet and it would be cruelty to try to tame him. For the past 7 years he has come to my garden every night and over time he has begun to sit outside the door waiting for me. He brings his family who we love equally but Clarkson and i have some kind of bond. He listens and looks me in the eye when i talk to him and at times he comes so close to my legs it's almost as if he wants me to pet him. I can't do that because he's a fox and i would harm him to try to domesticate him.

I will try to upload some pics of my brood.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Victoria;1183783 wrote: Hi

I now have 3 dogs who Im mad about.

Oscar a border collie who's 8. Benny also 8 whos a Beagle. and Remy who's nearly 4 and he is a boeren fox.

All my dogs are rescues I got all of them when they were 9mth -1year old.

Oscar was taken from his previous owners aged 9 mths He had been

beaten starved and shot with an air gun, one of the pellets caused a tumor in his leg which later had to be removed. He is now a lovely soppy dog but his early trauma has caused weakness in his hips so he can no longer run too much or jump in the car or get upstairs so I have to carry him or lift him in and out of the car.

Benny is sweet but a basket case again his owners thought beagle were cute puppies but when he didnt meet thier demands they beat the s*** out of him and tried to drown him. Even now he is terrified of water.

Remy which is a Dutch name meaning alone in the world, was dumped in a field and left to fend for himself he ate green potatoes and drank from the canal to survive, my son rescued him.

He is brain damaged the vet says one too many whacks on the head most likely caused it. Even after nearly 3 years he will 'freeze'at certain touches and flinches if anyone unexpectedly strokes him. But most of the time he is a happy soul and just loves cuddles and his toy teddy.

I love them to bits and their unconditional love keeps me sane. Your dogs are beautiful Victoria and it cheers me no end to hear like minded folk as myself who open their homes and their hearts to the abused dogs in this cruel world. If only there were more people like you. I can tell by the way you write that like me, you care passionately about the abused and neglected animals of this world. Your dogs are very lucky to find some-one like you. :-4
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Ok.... this is my brood Top left.....Scully. . Top middle..... Mulder...... Top right.....Oscar..... bottom left....puppy Rosie.....bottom right......Peanut.

Attached files
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1183823 wrote: Ok.... this is my brood Top left.....Scully. . Top middle..... Mulder...... Top right.....Oscar..... bottom left....puppy Rosie.....bottom right......Peanut.

I'm guessing that's Rosie in your avatar?
Oscar Namechange

qsducks;1183838 wrote: I'm guessing that's Rosie in your avatar? Yes, that's the naughty little monkey giving me a slobby kiss :wah:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1183844 wrote: Yes, that's the naughty little monkey giving me a slobby kiss :wah:

It's cute!:p
minks

Post by minks »

aw bunny your rabbit it a cutie. I love rabbits but am horribly allergic to them, always love hearing about people having them as pets. We have great huge jack rabbits that run around out community and they are gorgeous. They are at a funny stage right now, loosing their white as the snow is almost all gone, and patchy brown-ness to blend in with the murky spring colors. So cool how they change colors.

Oh ya I have 2 dogs a miniature american eski, and a yorkie pomm cross. They each have their moments.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Love hearing of all the pets everyone has. Pics. are great too. :D

As for me, all I have is a Blue Merle Sheltie. Poor dear doesn't think he is a dog. He is spoiled rotten. My fault. :o He is really cuddly and loves to give sloppy kisses and is my best friend. I'll post a pic. as soon as I get a recent one. Hard to get him to hold still. He is a bit camera shy.:-3 Silly goose.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

I don't have any pets...allergies, etc. but I grew up with cats all my life & my neighbor has a dog...who thankfully does not go barking nuts everytime I walk into the yard...all I have to say is "Sam, be quiet"...fine after that and I talk to him.:wah:
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

qsducks;1183918 wrote: I don't have any pets...allergies, etc. but I grew up with cats all my life & my neighbor has a dog...who thankfully does not go barking nuts everytime I walk into the yard...all I have to say is "Sam, be quiet"...fine after that and I talk to him.:wah:

Just as long as he doesn't talk back. :yh_rotfl
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Sunshine;1183963 wrote: Just as long as he doesn't talk back. :yh_rotfl

I call him "Baby":-4...he is an excellent watch dog I must say. It's great though, when we go away, my neighbor will hear him barking and investigate...usually its a possum or raccoon but still...makes me feel safe.:-4
daBunnyWendy7

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

Victoria, I think your puppies are cute!!! I had adopted a 1/2 German shepherd, 1/2 Black Laborador that was kept alone in a dark garage because she loved to dig holes!!! She lived to be 19 1/2 yrs old and was a very happy dog. I miss Mandy!

I commend your efforts at saving some of or world's abused furbabies!!!

My puggie was left in the petstore's little kennel for a LONG time because she had earmites and a missing toe. We just love her!!! She is a sweetie and loves to cuddle w us & the bunnies. Every so often Freckle bunny will jump up to my lap and get some banana chips. Jasmine doesn't mind. She gets some, too!

Oscar, your furbabies look well cared for, too! Your kitties look like real characters!!! I bet they're spoiled kitties!!! Your doggies look like sweeties!!! I am SO happy you rescued them! You're a sweetie!!!

Minks, your doggies sound sweet!I'd LOVE to see a Pic of your babbies!!! I bet a yorkie Pom mix is cute & FULL of energy!!! I bet they're buddies!

I adore my bunnies!They are so friendly & sweet!!! I am SO sorry you are allergic! I am, too,but it doesn't bother me much now. We have heppa air filters in the living room and upstairs, too.

Ducks, I am sorry you don't have pets. I bet your neighbor's dog loves talking to you. My neighbor's dog barks whenever she hears me moving on my back porch or walking w Jasmine outside! She likes hearing me talk to her. Maggie loves to bark! LOL!

Sunshine, I'd love to see you Blue Merle Sheltie! Sounds like a real SWEETIE!!! I am surprised your sheltie is camera shy. My puggie likes to pose!!! She likes looking at the photos. Oh, yeah, you'll think this is funny. She barks at dogs and horses on the television!!! She DOESN'T bark at dogs in person, though!!! LOL!!!
Wendybunny

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

2 house rabbits, a siamese cat, a lovebird and a pair of finches.
Oscar Namechange

chonsigirl;1184054 wrote: 2 house rabbits, a siamese cat, a lovebird and a pair of finches. Not enough imfo Chonsi :wah: We want details girl, details :wah:
daBunnyWendy7

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

Chronsigirl, can you post pictures of them? I bet those birds are pretty! What kind of bunnies are you house rabbits?

I have a beautiful Lop and a cute dwarf bunny.:)
Wendybunny

abbey

Post by abbey »

I have Raspberry a Lhasa Apso, Oscar an Amazon parrot who drives me bonkers and Dolly a Cockatiel.
daBunnyWendy7

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

Abbey, would you post pictures of Raspberry, Oscar, and Dolly ? I'd LOVE to see them!!! Tell us more about their antics!!!:)
Wendybunny

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Here is Hamilton's pic. The little bunny is Baby, he is brown and white. Won Ton is the siamese cat, he is sleeping right now. Bunnies are out in the kitchen running around for awhile.

Attached files
minks

Post by minks »

I will try and get some pics on here for ya D Bunny. You will laugh when you see the yorkie cross she is so ugly she is cute hahahaha
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
daBunnyWendy7

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

What a cutie!!! Do you have pictures of Baby & Won Ton?

We let our bunnies have free roam in the living room. Freckles likes to jump up onto my lap. I give her and our other bunny,Willie Bunny, banana chips. They also get lots of kale & parsley, too, as well as oodles of timothy hay.:)
Wendybunny

daBunnyWendy7

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

Minks, I would LOVE to see pictures of your cuties!!! Some people think pugs are ugly but I think my puggie, Jasmine is a cutie!!!
Wendybunny

abbey

Post by abbey »

daBunnyWendy7;1184071 wrote: Abbey, would you post pictures of Raspberry, Oscar, and Dolly ? I'd LOVE to see them!!! Tell us more about their antics!!!:)
This is my little chubby girl, I'll take pics of the birds tomorrow as they're covered up at the mo to give my ears a rest. :wah:

Oscar is in love with little Dolly but Dolly's frightened to death of him,

He says Jellybean and thankyou when he gets one and all the while he's eating it he says mmmmmmmmm!

Attached files
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

We're not on a good role at the moment we're down three pets after the cold snap the other night I lost the two budgies. That, after losing charlie the rabbit to a dog.
daBunnyWendy7

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

Abbey, that's a cute picture of Raspberry! I am looking forward to seeing pics of your birdies!!!

Fuzzy, I am SO SORRY to hear of your heartwrenching loss of your sweet bunny and your Budgies! Please post their pictures. Talking about how sweet they were will help, I hope. HUGS Wendy Bunny
Wendybunny

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Nah it's okay bunnywendy we eat most of our pets anyway........well not the dogs but the calves and lambs we do . I tend not to get too attached to birds because they are fickle things. Charlie was a great loss though because we were going to breed him for food and sell his offspring as hand reared pets.
daBunnyWendy7

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

Dear Fuzzy, I am sorry for your loss. I used to have 3 bunnies and now we have just 2. I also experienced the loss of two very affectionate guinea pigs as well. I still get a little sad , thinking about it. They were great pets.
Wendybunny

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, what a cute pic!:)
daBunnyWendy7

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

Come on, everyone, show us your furbaby pics & tell us about their antics!!!:)
Wendybunny

kazalala

Post by kazalala »

I have a staffy (staffordshire bull terrier) named Sheila:D we took her from a house where she wasnt really wanted,,, she loves people and loves sitting on your knee, she lives to lick:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl she is still a bit unreliable with other dogs though,,, i dont think she was socialised at all, she was already 18 months old when we got her:D

Attached files

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
daBunnyWendy7

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

What a cutie! She looks like a big baby! I take my puggie to a park to play w other dogs every so often. I also take her to my inlaw's where she plays w their 2 scotties. They have a blast running around!:)
Wendybunny

kazalala

Post by kazalala »

daBunnyWendy7;1184995 wrote: What a cutie! She looks like a big baby! I take my puggie to a park to play w other dogs every so often. I also take her to my inlaw's where she plays w their 2 scotties. They have a blast running around!:)

aw i bet they do ,,, my daughter loves pugs and wants one,,, but both her and her partner work full time so it wouldnt really be fair on the dog:(

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
daBunnyWendy7

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

kazalala;1184998 wrote: aw i bet they do ,,, my daughter loves pugs and wants one,,, but both her and her partner work full time so it wouldnt really be fair on the dog:(

I agree. Pugs LOVE attention! I say at home , so Jasmine is one happy pug! You can tell from her silly grin!!! Ear to ear!

PS I like your signature alot! SWEET!:)
Wendybunny

Oscar Namechange

Thought you'd like this Bunnywendy:

Attached files
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

daBunnyWendy7;1185011 wrote: I agree. Pugs LOVE attention! I say at home , so Jasmine is one happy pug! You can tell from her silly grin!!! Ear to ear!

PS I like your signature alot! SWEET!:)

AW thanks:D:-6

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
daBunnyWendy7

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

Thanks for the giggles, Oscar! What a cute buggie puggie!!! Is the pic on the left a possum? CUTE.

Karen, did you design you siggie? I have designed some of my own.

Wendybunny

kazalala

Post by kazalala »

daBunnyWendy7;1185429 wrote: Thanks for the giggles, Oscar! What a cute buggie puggie!!! Is the pic on the left a possum? CUTE.

Oh No, not at all Wendy:yh_rotfli just get them from photobucket:D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
daBunnyWendy7

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

Oh, how handy! I designed the angel w roses below. It was fun!!!:)
Wendybunny

kazalala

Post by kazalala »

daBunnyWendy7;1185434 wrote: Oh, how handy! I designed the angel w roses below. It was fun!!!:)

Its very lovely:-6:)

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
daBunnyWendy7

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

Thank you! I learned alot about designing siggies when I joined a Tag & Siggie group on MSN groups. I enjoyed making siggies!
Wendybunny

Ally

Post by Ally »

This is as close as damit to my jack the staffy his twin.:-4
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

daBunnyWendy7;1185429 wrote: Thanks for the giggles, Oscar! What a cute buggie puggie!!! Is the pic on the left a possum? CUTE.

Love your siggie Bunny. It is very pretty.
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Ally;1185839 wrote: This is as close as damit to my jack the staffy his twin.:-4

Awww, what a beautiful pup Ally. :-4

Return to “Pets Animals”