I am just a bit rattled....

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Odie

Post by Odie »

911;1001810 wrote: People like him shouldn't be allowed to have an animal. No telling what he does to them.

Often wondered the same, how does he actually treat his dogs?
Life is just to short for drama.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Odie;1001947 wrote: Often wondered the same, how does he actually treat his dogs?

Can you imagine being married to this jerk?
Odie

Post by Odie »

qsducks;1001952 wrote: Can you imagine being married to this jerk?

he probably treats his wife like gold, and when he is mad at her, kicks the dog!
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Bryn Mawr;1001618 wrote: It's the fear of facing the fear that stops my wife too but it need not be a confrontation - it can be as you like and arms length can be measured by Mr Tickle.

I agree Bryn and really need to start with small steps. Would like to just share one thought of how scared I really am of dogs.......Please excuse the long story. One wintery, sunny beautiful day I decided to take a walk through a 10 mile beach reserve south of me.

Once you go into the park on its beach side it's hard to maneuver over the sand dunes to the road that would give you easy access to return home.

I was well into the walk when I saw way ahead of me 2 rottweiler dogs unleashed and the owners way behind them.***Please don't get upset with me Rottweiler lovers...these dogs just scare me*****

Well, I had nowhere to go and didn't know what to do. So, I went up into the sand dunes hoping that they would pass by....I was actually hoping I could get on the road but couldn't. As I'm waiting for them to pass I realized that they might run up to the dunes and find me.

My nerves...what would I do then...they would know that I was afraid and their owners wouldn't know that I was there. It was not good thinking on my part and needless to say I was in tears and bits.

Fortunately, they passed by without a nod:-6 But my dilemma was how to get to the road. Well, I walked for miles along the dunes and couldn't get access to the road. My legs were bloodied by the time I met up with the Rangers who felt so sorry for me, gave me coffee, water and drove me home.

Yes, I am so pathetic and really need help:lips:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1003116 wrote: I agree Bryn and really need to start with small steps. Would like to just share one thought of how scared I really am of dogs.......Please excuse the long story. One wintery, sunny beautiful day I decided to take a walk through a 10 mile beach reserve south of me.

Once you go into the park on its beach side it's hard to maneuver over the sand dunes to the road that would give you easy access to return home.

I was well into the walk when I saw way ahead of me 2 rottweiler dogs unleashed and the owners way behind them.***Please don't get upset with me Rottweiler lovers...these dogs just scare me*****

Well, I had nowhere to go and didn't know what to do. So, I went up into the sand dunes hoping that they would pass by....I was actually hoping I could get on the road but couldn't. As I'm waiting for them to pass I realized that they might run up to the dunes and find me.

My nerves...what would I do then...they would know that I was afraid and their owners wouldn't know that I was there. It was not good thinking on my part and needless to say I was in tears and bits.

Fortunately, they passed by without a nod:-6 But my dilemma was how to get to the road. Well, I walked for miles along the dunes and couldn't get access to the road. My legs were bloodied by the time I met up with the Rangers who felt so sorry for me, gave me coffee, water and drove me home.

thats not being pathetic! I would have literally been petrified with the dogs so far way from their owners!
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Kathy Ellen;1003116 wrote: I agree Bryn and really need to start with small steps. Would like to just share one thought of how scared I really am of dogs.......Please excuse the long story. One wintery, sunny beautiful day I decided to take a walk through a 10 mile beach reserve south of me.

Not pathetic but, for your peace of mind I would suggest that you try to overcome the problem.

Apart from the more obvious hypnotism, I've been shown some techniques using a method called Neuro Linguistic Programming which could well help you. It would not involve going anywhere near a dog, just talking to a practitioner and I've seen it work wonders.

Whatever you choose to do, I wish the very best for you :-6
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

[quote=Odie;1003118]thats not being pathetic! I would have literally been petrified with the dogs so far way from their owners![/quote

Thanks Odie.....I still think of that day. Now I bring my cell phone and pepper spray with me on my long, beach walks. You never know what could happen......dangerous animals and people abound in reclusive places. It won't stop me from walking along the beach though:-6I have the Rangers on speed dial.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Bryn Mawr;1003126 wrote: Not pathetic but, for your peace of mind I would suggest that you try to overcome the problem.

Apart from the more obvious hypnotism, I've been shown some techniques using a method called Neuro Linguistic Programming which could well help you. It would not involve going anywhere near a dog, just talking to a practitioner and I've seen it work wonders.

Whatever you choose to do, I wish the very best for you :-6

Thanks Bryn, I will do that one day...I know that I have to:lips:
minks

Post by minks »

911;1001768 wrote: From my experiences in law enforcement and courts, anyone who states loudly that their dog will kill yours is an admission of deadly intentions on the part of his dogs. In other words, he has had experiences of his dog hurting others; dogs or people. He should be the one to blame for taking his dogs to a place that he knows will bring out the dangerous tendencies of his dog, leash or no leash.

It's the same as putting a 'Beware of Dog" sign on your fence. It shows probable cause that you know your dog is dangerous. My sign says 'Dogs--Keep out'. Actually it reads 'Dogs Keep Out' :wah: as if the other dogs in the neighborhood could read that and stay out of my backyard!!

I don't remember who said it in this thread, but pulling on a dog actually does makes him more aggressive. I learned that with mine, the more I held him back, the harder he fought to go. Once I let go, he looked at me like, "Gee Mom, I look so much tougher if you hold me back, now I have to actually look mean and it's just not worth it'.:D

God, how do you do it? Of all my animals I've only had to have one put down. I thought I would die with him. I don't ever want to do that again. I'll do it if I have to to keep them from suffering but I don't want to.

After all these years and all my 'children', when this one goes to the great treat shop in the sky, I don't think I'll get another animal. My heart just can't take it any more.:(

(Sorry for that thread takeover, I just find it amazing that you can be so strong:-6)

Thanks 911 I love animals, all but 2 of my animals have been adopted from animal services, and not a one was more or less loved than the others. I grew up with pets they do a body good.

KE and Patsy I will never know your fear of dogs but am human and understand fear. But if I could I would bring my little ugly Bella to visit you. you gals could stand on one side of the plexi glass and Bella and I on the other and I bet you would think she was nothing to fear hehehehe she is like a childs well loved scruffy toy hehehehe Ahhh but we all have some kind of fear don't we. Huggs to you both.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
minks

Post by minks »

No no no not at all KE dogs just don't suit everybody. And never feel pathetic like I said fear is fear we all have them

Aww huggs to you

And hey Patsy I never took any of your posts the wrong way... I appreciated everybody's views...

Same with you Redglitter.

I was mostly posting about my experience. Right or wrong it shook me up.

But today is a better day and me daughter and I and the 2 pooches went out for a nice walk and all was good.

― Mae West
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Mink's

As you posted on another thread - news is gloom - I don't watch the news on purpose, here we have children drownings, I can't take it.....

My point - I heard early morning news this morn. - perfect example to your thread..

City worker, 42 yr. old man, working in a Park was mauled close to death before Paramedics were able to assist. The 2 dog's had escaped from a home Across the street from the PUBLIC Park. Police shot the 2 viscious dogs.

The man - critical care - not expected to pull thru. and if he does ??

he had a severed arm - and had lost too much blood..!!!

Witness's - horrified, crying, trembling, as the ruckus went on several tried to help - yelled - threw objects - on cell phones - all we're crying...

witness said: lg man - first at the scene - cried as he was so frightened to approach 2 dogs - said the dogs would stop - look - then go back toooooo.

SO I ASK:

why would a resident have viscious dogs near a PUBLIC PARK ????

oh, to stop intruder's - ok...

Patsy
minks

Post by minks »

Aw PW you gone done and scared KE right out of this thread now.

What a horrible story Patsy. I completely understand the fact that all dogs must be controlled. Oh that story is horrific. I know many people fear dogs another thing when I am in a park and my little rascals are running about and I see people near us, I call my dogs immediately and leash them. I do not want my dogs to be the cause of anyones fears. We can never predict them even the most well behaved.

You know not to keep bumping this thread but the more I think about it the more fine details I recall... you know when this man and his partner take the 2 dogs for a walk they can barely hold those dogs both pull very hard at the ends of the leashes and the men are not weaklings. The partner has some kind of bermese mountain dog... to me this isn't much control either....

Lastly I spoke to my other neighbors this evening about my incident and my one neighbor told me she a few years back encountered one of the pair of these guys in the park beating upon the mountain dog.... that there did it for me.... I suspect those dogs are mistreated.....and may never develop proper social skills if they are so ill treated.

I will be keeping my eyes open and being very careful around them....

BTW in earlier posts... no the neighbor guy does not have a wife so can't beat one, but he has a husband...

― Mae West
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Minks

you can bump this thread anytime...

I found this thread interesting as in the avenues it took.

Those who own/love/compassionate about pets, went down the pet avenue.

I have no desire to be around a dog, same as Kathy Ellen.

I had a different avenue/view (as always) to take...

Good thread Minks.. I already knew "they" had no control on those Dogs..

Update tonight on this city worker, he's had 3 major surgery's already.

The dog's weight was over 80 lbs. each & this was a big man they took to the ground.

very gloom outcome.

Patsy
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

minks;1003455 wrote: No no no not at all KE dogs just don't suit everybody. And never feel pathetic like I said fear is fear we all have them

Aww huggs to you

And hey Patsy I never took any of your posts the wrong way... I appreciated everybody's views...

Same with you Redglitter.

I was mostly posting about my experience. Right or wrong it shook me up.

But today is a better day and me daughter and I and the 2 pooches went out for a nice walk and all was good.

Hi Minks:-4

I do love animals, but haven't had much experience with them. My sil has a sheltie named Orla and she is gorgeous and so sweet. I'm used to her and would love an animal like her.

I just fear dogs who are unleashed because I don't know how they'll respond to me due to my fears.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

My neighbor across the street had a pit bull and they never leashed it this summer and it came after Quin. After that they let it out again and it got hit by a car and died. Sorry, folks but some people were relieved. So, what do they do, oh yeah, lets go get another pit bull and this one is an adult.
Odie

Post by Odie »

qsducks;1006086 wrote: My neighbor across the street had a pit bull and they never leashed it this summer and it came after Quin. After that they let it out again and it got hit by a car and died. Sorry, folks but some people were relieved. So, what do they do, oh yeah, lets go get another pit bull and this one is an adult.

pitbulls are now illegal here......but you can still get them, horrid horrid animals!
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

That's ignorance about the breed speaking and it's also the reason pits keep their bad reputation. Sorry Odie, but when I see that kind of talk I have to straighten it out. Many times people (including news media) attribute bad things to Pits when it wasn't even a Pit! Not everyone can tell a Pit Bull from a Dogue de Bordeaux from a Bulldog from a Boxer.

Can you?

Try this, it's fun. Only one of these dogs is a pitbull terrier. Yet all these breeds have been mistaken at some point for a pit. I know which one it is, click on each one and it will tell you what breed that dog is.

Find the Pit Bull
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

RedGlitter;1006186 wrote: That's ignorance about the breed speaking and it's also the reason pits keep their bad reputation. Sorry Odie, but when I see that kind of talk I have to straighten it out. Many times people (including news media) attribute bad things to Pits when it wasn't even a Pit! Not everyone can tell a Pit Bull from a Dogue de Bordeaux from a Bulldog from a Boxer.

Can you?

Try this, it's fun. Only one of these dogs is a pitbull terrier. Yet all these breeds have been mistaken at some point for a pit. I know which one it is, click on each one and it will tell you what breed that dog is.

Find the Pit Bull

chill out red. The owner's of the dog are to blame for the dog's misbaviour. The dog got out so many times and they blamed it on everyone in the neighborhood and never put a leash on the dog. Felt bad for the dog. Don't feel bad for the ignorant neighbor across the street who feels that their dog can run around loose and they do mistreat the newest dog too.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

pitbulls are now illegal here......but you can still get them, horrid horrid animals!

I feel bad for the dogs. Pits are not horrid animals. You must judge each dog on its own merit. You can't blame a whole breed for these incidents.
Odie

Post by Odie »

RedGlitter;1006186 wrote: That's ignorance about the breed speaking and it's also the reason pits keep their bad reputation. Sorry Odie, but when I see that kind of talk I have to straighten it out. Many times people (including news media) attribute bad things to Pits when it wasn't even a Pit! Not everyone can tell a Pit Bull from a Dogue de Bordeaux from a Bulldog from a Boxer.

Can you?

Find the Pit Bull

I mean the actual pit bull breed......the only ones that are now banned here, not bulldogs or boxers, they are beautiful breeds.

I have no idea which one is a pit bull, to many look the same.

one looked like a rottweiler.............that is all I could really recognize.
Odie

Post by Odie »

RedGlitter;1006201 wrote: I feel bad for the dogs. Pits are not horrid animals. You must judge each dog on its own merit. You can't blame a whole breed for these incidents.

Pit Bull by their own breed, and not another kind, have torn apart kids here, other dogs, they are fighters.

not blaming an entire breed........that is just what we call the ones that are banned here.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

In the sixties it was german shepherds that would kill your kids.

Then in the seventies it was Dobermans.

Then CUJO came out, and it was the St Bernards.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

I have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and a lot of people are scared of them and are classed as a dangerous breed. Unfortunately a lot of it is down to irresponsible and frankly stupid owners:mad: I never let my dog out loose or even off the lead on her walks, only because she can be a bit iffy towards other dogs as i dont think she was properly socialised with dogs when she was younger, we got her at 18 months old, people she is great with.

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Odie

Post by Odie »

kazalala;1006630 wrote: I have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and a lot of people are scared of them and are classed as a dangerous breed. Unfortunately a lot of it is down to irresponsible and frankly stupid owners:mad: I never let my dog out loose or even off the lead on her walks, only because she can be a bit iffy towards other dogs as i dont think she was properly socialised with dogs when she was younger, we got her at 18 months old, people she is great with.

someone wants to win with that awesome siggy!:wah:
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Odie;1006644 wrote: someone wants to win with that awesome siggy!:wah:

god innit:Dthought you were playing:-3

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Odie

Post by Odie »

kazalala;1006646 wrote: god innit:Dthought you were playing:-3

not sure yet.............don't understand the rules.

Return to “Pets Animals”