Cats and the dangers of being oudoors.

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Odie

Post by Odie »

In the Toronto Sun news today a homeowner found his cat dead in his garage, it had been attacked by a human and plungened to death, a very friendly cat.....................sometimes this is the problem, when a cat is to friendly, it will go to anyone!

probably an angry neighbour!

tried to post the link, but it never came up.

please, keep cats indoors where they belong!
Life is just to short for drama.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

You're right. Not only do cats have to worry about screwy neighbors and punk kids with firecrackers, but also cars, loose dogs, other cats and in certain areas, wildlife such as coyotes and large birds of prey.

Thank you for the reminder.
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

I never cease to be amazed at the attitude of many cat owners, leaving their animals out in all weather and exposed to all kids of danger and then crying when something awful happens.

If I let my dogs roams the streets day and night doing their toilet in peoples gardens and playing chicken with the traffic on the ring road I would be in big trouble with the dog warden its time cat owners were subjected to the same rules as dog owners.

A woman at work has recently had two cats killed on the road near her house, she cried over her loss and then let the third cat out 'to play'

Nearby a cat has suffered back injuries after being struck by a broom/bat/ stick (?).

The blame is being put on a neighbour said to be a cat hater, he has complained many times because the cats do their thing on his veggie patch ! While I would never condone animal cruelty I can go some way to understanding this mans frustration.

It really is time that (some) cat owners grow up and take responsablity for the animals they have chosen to bring into their lives.
Odie

Post by Odie »

We have four, one was already a stray, so he was an outdoor cat, he would not stay in.............he would come in all the time for food and lovins, but otherwise, there was no way of keeping indoors.

He went missing for 3 days, he never did that, he was always at home at nighttime.

He came home 3 days later, we took him to the vet as he was lethargic, they had noticed his neck was swollen................as they shaved his entire neck, huge spurts of puss came flying out, he had been attacked by another cat.

Thankfully they saved his life, he is now an indoor cat!

Other cats can cause injury and death.

and there are tons who hate and despise cats and will do anything cruel just to get rid of them...............not all people like cats!

kids can also be extremely mean to them

adults especially cruel

cats will dig up others gardens

they get hit by cars

attacked by other animals

they do get lost

others take them in and call them their cat when they are friendly

keep your cats indoors, that is where they belong!
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “Pets Animals”