Bunny saves family from fire

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

RedGlitter;929492 wrote: CNN Video: http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/ ... inenetwork

Erm Red, I dont get a fluffy bunny I get a Nude dancer on Peruvian flag.:-2

A Peruvian model is under criminal investigation after posing nude on the Peruvian flag in a magazine photo. :D
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Chezzie;929512 wrote: Erm Red, I dont get a fluffy bunny I get a Nude dancer on Peruvian flag.:-2

A Peruvian model is under criminal investigation after posing nude on the Peruvian flag in a magazine photo. :D

:-2 Where did you go Chezzie? :wah:

Seriously I just went to the link and it shows the bunny on video. Maybe something got crossed.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

RedGlitter;929670 wrote: :-2 Where did you go Chezzie? :wah:

Seriously I just went to the link and it shows the bunny on video. Maybe something got crossed.

I have no idea, now its changed to Huge hole in Qantas plane

A Qantas flight is forced to make an emergency landing in Manila. Seven Network's Paul Marshall reports.

• Hole in Qantas jet forces emergency landing

• iReport.com: Were you on the plane?

weird, no bunny story to be seen lol:D
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Oh that's just too weird.

Try this link Chezzie and GrecianUrn for the video:

http://www.azfamily.com/video/amazing-i ... vid=266460

And here is the story:

July 24, 2008 12:00am

A QUICK-THINKING bunny, named Rabbit, has saved a Melbourne couple from a devastating house fire.

Rabbit's owner Gerry Finn had been home from night shift only 30 minutes when he heard the black rabbit furiously scratching at the bedroom door about 6am today.

He was shocked to discover it had alerted him to a blaze rapidly spreading through the back of his Macleod home, in Melbourne's north.

Smoke blackened the inside of the house, and flames destroyed part of the roof.

Neighbours pitched in with hoses to save the house before four fire crews arrived to extinguish the blaze.

Six days from completing a painstaking two-year renovation, the couple was stunned but relieved to have escaped the fire without injury.

Wife Michelle said Rabbit had alerted them in the nick of time.

"We were both asleep. It was very lucky for both of us," she said.

Rabbit is usually happy to roam around the house, only locked in a cage when guests arrive, she said.

"He's just sort of an inside pet but I don't think he was very impressed," Mrs Finn said.

"We've been renovating for two years - we started with a disaster, and now this.

"All that hard work gone."

A jewellery-maker, Michelle's tools and jewels were also lost in the fire.

Fire investigators believe a heater may have sparked the blaze.

A smoke alarm had been removed from the back room ceiling while the room was painted.

Metropolitan Fire Brigade commander Mick Swift said the couple owed their escape to Rabbit.

But, he said, home renovations should be no barrier to fire safety.

"The lesson to learn from this is that even if a smoke alarm is removed it can still be put high up on a shelf," he said.

Rabbit miraculously survived 45 minutes of heat and smoke inhalation before alerting his owners.

The six-month-old bunny will visit the vet for a check-up later today.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Wow One Cool Bunny:-6

Didnt bother with the link, who knows what id rake up next:D

Our westie saved our lives once. We were decorating and had left a gas heater on to try and help dry the walls out and the flame must of gone out but the gas was still escaping. We were in bed and Robbie barked and barked till we woke up and realised what had happened....My wonder dog he was...RIP Robbie:-4
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

aw, what cool stories! :-4
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

grecianurn;929618 wrote: A blank screen for me, but I did read about this and apparently rabbits have helped save owners' lives on other occasions.

But I think this comment in the Times might be a joke :wah::

"Rabbits are very smart. I have had a pet bunny since 2001 and he has saved my life numerous times. When I was deployed overseas, he spotted and destroyed 2 Iraqi tanks that had crept up on my position, before I even knew what was happening. They are smart (seriously) I'd kiss that little face.

Martin, Harlem, USA "
:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Chezzie;929770 wrote: Wow One Cool Bunny:-6

Didnt bother with the link, who knows what id rake up next:D

Our westie saved our lives once. We were decorating and had left a gas heater on to try and help dry the walls out and the flame must of gone out but the gas was still escaping. We were in bed and Robbie barked and barked till we woke up and realised what had happened....My wonder dog he was...RIP Robbie:-4

What a great dog! :-6
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

I've heard of dogs warning it's owners, but not bunnies. After seeing that house, without that bunny, those people would have been toast.

Return to “Pets Animals”