spot

Infraction for AA grumpy: permanent ban on all accounts

Post by spot »

User: AA grumpy

Infraction: permanent ban on all accounts

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

What post are you referring to ? I can't find any that are relevant.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
spot

Post by spot »

Indeed not Gill, you have nailed that one with total accuracy.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I know he's been a pain in the nether regions, and I would think that he would not change as he is too set in his ways, but why ban him at this time ? As I said, I can see no post/thread that could be used as a reason to ban him. Perhaps you could put me in the picture as I've not been in FG for a while.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

I beleive the thread he started got deleted due to his first post here in a long time after being banned he then broke the rules yet again. Bryn approved this, it's not Spot acting alone.
spot

Post by spot »

G#Gill;1509831 wrote: I know he's been a pain in the nether regions, and I would think that he would not change as he is too set in his ways, but why ban him at this time ? As I said, I can see no post/thread that could be used as a reason to ban him. Perhaps you could put me in the picture as I've not been in FG for a while.

Nobody has banned him now. He was permanently banned two years ago. What you see at the the top of this thread is the closing of one of his earlier usernames, he made several. The reason for the account closure today is that the was permanently banned two years ago.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

The decision to ban one of his accounts, considering that he was banned two years ago, seems to have taken a very long time to clear that account ! Perhaps it had been overlooked ? Anyway Mr. spot, thank you for the explanation, I think I will sleep better now.
spot

Post by spot »

Yes, it had been overlooked.

There are thousands of accumulated user accounts on ForumGarden. When a user goes rogue and registers multiple accounts in order to circumvent a ban, the moderators do not have a convenient list of all the usernames which can be tied together. If one needs sweeping back under the carpet at a later stage, the process is capable of raising an infraction thread.

ForumGarden threw open the infraction and reports forum to all subscribing members some years ago, but not the moderator discussion forum where a consensus on problems like this is reached.

The Problems, Solutions & Feedback forum provides space for any members who feel a technical issue has impaired their online experience here. I'm not sure what you might want changed, but that area is more widely visible if you'd like to take the matter further.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

G#Gill;1509838 wrote: The decision to ban one of his accounts, considering that he was banned two years ago, seems to have taken a very long time to clear that account ! Perhaps it had been overlooked ? Anyway Mr. spot, thank you for the explanation, I think I will sleep better now.

He, as a member, was banned.

That he now attempts to circumvent that ban by posting under a different username without even a by your leave is unacceptable, so that username has also been closed down.

In the past some other users have asked for their ban to be lifted and, for some of them, that has been done. I cannot think of a case where a banned member has just started posting again and not been closed down as soon as we become aware of it.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

How do you determine the points? 33 seems like a random number... is there a checklist that you follow?
spot

Post by spot »

Very checklisty, yes.

Hang on...

User Infraction Levels

Title Points Expires Warning Extend Controls

harrass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member or guest 2 3 Day(s) Yes No

apparently plagiarize or breach copyright, in the opinion of a moderator 2 3 Day(s) Yes No

Unacceptable advertising 2 3 Day(s) Yes No

solicit funds or payments for any reason - whether commercial or charitable or otherwise - on behalf of yourself, an organization of any kind, or any other person 2 3 Day(s) Yes No

join primarily to promote a website, forum, email address, business or MLM that you appear, in the opinion of a moderator, to be paid to advertise. 2 3 Day(s) No No

return Compost to the Main Forum 2 3 Day(s) Yes No

post threatening, racist, sexist or otherwise unwelcome material as deemed by a moderator, including text and links in your signature, profile, bookmarks as well as posted images, photos and avatars 2 3 Day(s) Yes No

double post or cross-post in multiple forums or mass-PM or mass-email or chase a higher post count 2 3 Day(s) Yes No

post inappropriate language or graphic: some members use this site at work 2 3 Day(s) Yes No

post with the apparent purpose of starting a fight with a particular member. This includes messages in profiles and signatures. 2 3 Day(s) Yes No

impersonate anyone, misrepresent yourself or connect through a voluntary browser anonymising (so-called "proxy") server 2 3 Day(s) Yes No

engage in baiting, threatening, insulting, or disruptive behavior to an extent which affects another user's ability to engage in forum discussions 4 3 Day(s) Yes No

post material potentially detrimental to the wellbeing of minors 6 3 Day(s) Yes No

operate multiple accounts without authority 6 3 Day(s) Yes No

stalk or harass across sites or gather personal information 6 3 Day(s) Yes No

Spammer 50 Never No Yes

Extreme Spammer 100 Never No Yes

Help

User Infraction Groups

Primary Usergroup Override Usergroup Override Display Points Controls

All Usergroups Banned Users Yes 6

Help

Automatic Ban

Primary Usergroup Ban Usergroup Amount Method Ban Period Controls

All Usergroups Banned Users 33 Points 7 Day(s)

All Usergroups Banned for Spamming 99 Points Permanent

Practically nothing on the infraction autoban system results in an automatic permanent ban, accumulating points isn't enough. It has to be a manual deliberate intervention using other parts of the system. Infractions are more of a diary than a "punishment".
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

According to that, I've probably accumulated over 500 points in my lifetime.
spot

Post by spot »

Damn right. There was a special armed quick-response unit for a couple of years.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I heard you had my IP address memorized.
spot

Post by spot »

It's surprisingly easy. And I had a monitor program running ten minute scans on the update log, that helped.

You're forgetting the flip side, like when I tried talking you into being admin here with your own choice of mods.

The bit I memorized, now I remember, was the IP range for your ISP for your state. That was only two numbers, not four.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Wha!?! I definitely don't remember that. That's crazy talk.
spot

Post by spot »

Snooz;1509938 wrote: Wha!?! I definitely don't remember that. That's crazy talk.

I did too, when I was arranging the change of ownership here. You said you were so out of touch with that bunch you'd never manage to negotiate a team into existence.

Return to “Warnings and Infractions”