Infraction for the grumps: totally libellous, you cannot under any circumstances post text like that during an ongoing trial, you'll have the site closed down and the owner held in contempt!!

spot

Infraction for the grumps: totally libellous, you cannot under any circumstances post text like that during an ongoing trial, you'll have the site closed down and the owner held in contempt!!

Post by spot »

Post: boy of 3 dies after being shut in a washing machine the AA grumpy column

User: the grumps

Infraction: totally libellous, you cannot under any circumstances post text like that during an ongoing trial, you'll have the site closed down and the owner held in contempt!!

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Original Post: good evening from a rather sniffly grumpy column

yes your grumps has got a stinking cold

tonight we cross to europe and an absolutly diabolical and upseting story

A BOY of three died after his father allegedly shut him in a washing machine and switched it on as a "punishment".

Christophe Champenois, 33, is accused of bundling little Bastien's naked body into the machine at the family home near Paris and running a cold wash cycle.

He is said to have wanted to punish the boy after he flushed a classmate's drawings down the toilet at playgroup.

Bastien's mother Charlene, 25, released her son and ran to a neighbour's house with his limp body in her arms, claiming he had fallen down the stairs.

The neighbour, named only as Alice, said: "I took him in my arms like a broken doll. I felt the last beat of his heart. Charlene didn't move. She was red all over. She didn't understand he was dead."

The parents stuck to their story about an accident on the stairs. But their five-year-old daughter revealed her brother was locked inside the washing machine, and that it was not the first time.

Sometimes the tot was locked inside a closet for around two hours, she said.

Christophe Champenois was charged with murder of a minor. Charlene Champenois was charged with not preventing a crime and not assisting a person in danger.

Dad 'killed son, 3, in washing machine' | The Sun |News.

AAG

i have never read anything so heartless since the murder of tot jamie bulger.

how this brute could callously do this to a three year old child makes mine and every responsible parents blood boil.

at least the five year old daughter will be safe now

and i hope that the french courts lock these two away for many many years and the french prison system deals out its own justice.

sleep in peace bastien you are safe now although another tiny life lost XX
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
spot

Post by spot »

correspondence:the grumps wrote: my apologies spotty

this was reported in the sun which is a national newspaper i would therefore like to appeal against the infraction to the moderators

please reply

grumpy
It's not the report in the Sun I'm complaining about, it's your comments after it. The Frenchy's on trial, he's not convicted. He may, unlikely or otherwise, be found not guilty. If he is then your comments (as opposed to the Sun and its "allegedly") expose FG to closure by the French court, a massive fine by the French court, libel damages by the Frenchy brought in either a French or English court, and French courts are far and away the most litigious and aggressive against non-French websites who annoy them. They even closed Google a couple of years ago on the grounds of contempt of proceedings.

You absolutely cannot write as you wrote there. At least a prefix of "If the facts are found to be true then"... would provide a measure of protection. The safe thing is to wait for a conviction.
spot

Post by spot »

correspondence:the grumps wrote: hi spotty

i have reposted as a revised column as per guidelines and accept my infraction

do i assume the matter is now closed and the revised column is acceptable

please reply

grumpy
Yes and yes.

The infraction system has two aspects. One is that it can block a member from posting for a period - to make it do that the moderators have to give a number of infraction points. I think it's six at the moment. The other thing we use it for is to create a record of exclamations which the other moderators can go and check in future, and to get a user to hear something we consider important.

Return to “Warnings and Infractions”