UK X Factor starts again !

This is where we play our home grown versions of the popular game shows you know and love.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Well yet another series starts and the judges have changed.........................................

Simon Cowell, Cheryl Fernandez-Versini, radio 1's Nick Grimshaw (don't know him !) replaces Louis Walsh (I quite liked him !), Rita Ora replaces Mel B (ex Spice Girl). We'll see how they get on.

So far there have been one or two absolutely naff singers (mostly tone deaf !), but a few promising young singers. I feel there is hope for the program if the standard is kept up, or even improves.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Found myself drawn in as there is very little to watch on a Saturday night. One young girl had a good powerful voice. I expect the powers to be to conspire to not let her win and as usual there will be an awful singer that gets through every week (Wagner, Steve Richie)
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I agree, Snowfire, it's got a sort of compulsion about it, not unlike the flamin' Eurovision Song contest. I also agree about the young girl with the BIG voice - did you see Simon Cowell suddenly wake up when she got into her stride ? :wah:
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I was home alone so managed to avoid it, I suppose I will get sucked in against my better judgement for the sake of domestic harmony (Thats a good enough excuse................isn't it?)

Should I refresh the BB thread Gilly........in support of your knocking certain threads off the top spot ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

BB my guest Bruv ! :wah:
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

G#Gill;1485243 wrote: BB my guest Bruv ! :wah:

Can't find it, and I have looked.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Well start a new thread about Celebrity Big Brother - a new series has just started, but I haven't watched it, nor want to, so I've no idea who is in the 'house'. Although I did hear that there seems to be an American side and a Brit. side, whatever that entails !
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

G#Gill;1485247 wrote: Well start a new thread about Celebrity Big Brother - a new series has just started, but I haven't watched it, nor want to, so I've no idea who is in the 'house'. Although I did hear that there seems to be an American side and a Brit. side, whatever that entails !

10 so called celebrities. Ive heard of only one. Sherie Hughson ?|

Winston Churchill
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

It's Sherrie Hewson, ex Loose Women, and Coronation Street. She's now 64

Natasha Hamilton, ex Atomic Kitten singer, now 33

Chris Ellison, ex The Bill. he is now 68. From his picture on the internet, he seems to have lost a lot of weight !

Stevi Ritchie and his fiancée Chloe-Jasmine, met on X Factor. He's a bit of a clown and she speaks with very posh accent. A very odd couple indeed !

James Hill, from last years The Apprentice (not sure if he won that). I didn't watch the program

Bobby Davro UK actor and comedian. Was in Eastenders and Dancing on Ice.

Those are the only ones that I have the faintest idea about. I found out the list of housemates on the internet.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Someone needs to be watching BB to keep me in loop I don't fly out of happyville until Wednesday lunchtime!
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Betty Boop;1485269 wrote: Someone needs to be watching BB to keep me in loop I don't fly out of happyville until Wednesday lunchtime!

Looks like Gill's got her finger on the pulse, no worries.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

There's no way I will watch that dreadful program, BB. Pity Kazalala ain't still here because she watches it ! Have you tried The Sun Online because I think they are one of the sponsors for CBB, well they have been in the past. Also I expect you could just google Celebrity Big Brother and you may be taken to a CBB site !

Have a safe journey home BB.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

G#Gill;1485280 wrote: There's no way I will watch that dreadful program, BB. Pity Kazalala ain't still here because she watches it ! Have you tried The Sun Online because I think they are one of the sponsors for CBB, well they have been in the past. Also I expect you could just google Celebrity Big Brother and you may be taken to a CBB site !

Have a safe journey home BB.

I get updates on face book lol but its not the same as a made giving you the lowdown ;)
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Betty Boop;1485281 wrote: I get updates on face book lol but its not the same as a made giving you the lowdown ;)

Is that maid or mate ?

That bald Scottish bird Gail Porter is in it too.

How much of a mate do you have to be to have to watch that ?
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Bruv;1485283 wrote: Is that maid or mate ?

That bald Scottish bird Gail Porter is in it too.

How much of a mate do you have to be to have to watch that ?

Oops should have been mate, bloody auto correct on my phone, it insists on calling my son japan sometimes.
Mark Aspam

Post by Mark Aspam »

The USA version of X lasted only a couple of seasons.

American Idol has also been dumped.

That leaves the summertime America's Got Talent, also a Cowell creation, which is currently running. There were reports that Piers Morgan would return, replacing Heidi, but he appeared only once as a "guest" judge.

AGT is about to begin auditions for next year, so it looks as if it will be around a while longer.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

It is Howard Stern who is definitely leaving AGT, I don't know if Heidi is, although I don't think so. Simon Cowell, the show's owner, is reported to be taking over Judge Stern's position. I won't watch without Judge Stern, although I do like the show, he was my main attraction. There is so much good TV to watch. Even with Howard, I switch off the second hour on Tuesday to watch Zoo.
Mark Aspam

Post by Mark Aspam »

AnneBoleyn;1485351 wrote: It is Howard Stern who is definitely leaving AGT, I don't know if Heidi is, although I don't think so. Simon Cowell, the show's owner, is reported to be taking over Judge Stern's position. I won't watch without Judge Stern, although I do like the show, he was my main attraction. There is so much good TV to watch. Even with Howard, I switch off the second hour on Tuesday to watch Zoo.

My wife regards herself as America's number one Howard Stern fan, she even owns stock in Howard's corporation, and she will be very upset if he leaves AGT.

Somehow I cannot envision Simon Cowell and Howie Mandel on the same panel, I guess we will have to wait until next summer to see what happens.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I didn't know Howard has a corporation open to public investment. We are all Howard's number one fan, surely your wife can't disregard Marianne from Brooklyn? He is DEFINITELY leaving AGT & will sign one more contract with Sirius. After that, my bet is he will retire, as the new contract would end just before his 66th birthday. Your wife must listen on Sirius XM, right? If so, Howard categorically stated his intentions, the show is moving back to L.A. (it is in NYC Only for Howard) & he is already being slightly dissed on the show by not being included in certain scenes, i.e. the Wax Museum skits, etc.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Just saw a european big brother on the telly here, couldn't understand a word though.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Betty Boop;1485433 wrote: Just saw a european big brother on the telly here, couldn't understand a word though.

I would imagine it would be easy to catch the drift. The basic theme of arguing, slagging off, bitching and whining is surely universal. Nest par ?

Winston Churchill
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Snowfire;1485437 wrote: I would imagine it would be easy to catch the drift. The basic theme of arguing, slagging off, bitching and whining is surely universal. Nest par ?

Da ;)

Return to “FG Game Shows”