Proposal - Mystery Gardener

This is where we play our home grown versions of the popular game shows you know and love.
koan

Post by koan »

Pinky;595494 wrote: What about one of those 'How well do we know each other' type things?
That could be fun. We need to come up with game play rules or guidelines that set who is asking and who is answering. We could try doing it so we have a member that is disguised and you have to figure out who it is.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

koan;595503 wrote: That could be fun. We need to come up with game play rules or guidelines that set who is asking and who is answering. We could try doing it so we have a member that is disguised and you have to figure out who it is.

That's possible if the host is asking questions from a home game. I don't have any games like that with me... they didn't fit in the suitcase. :wah:

I like that idea...I guessed all three people on the dating game this last go around...I knew one of the contestants but not the # she was...but figured it out quickly on my own! That could be fun!
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

You could call it "Mystery Man" and limit the number of clues to either 5 or 10 maybe....

Some women might have an issue with the "man" in the title and I was thinking that Mystery Man/Woman....is just too long, then I thought "Mystery Member"...meaning Forum garden Member...but then thought....ummm well that sounds a little dirty...

How about Mystery Gardener???
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

I'm lost already:yh_rotfl :-5

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

That sounds fun!
guppy

Post by guppy »

good idea pinky....sounds like fun....i wanna play....:)
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Hey, I came up with the name...next game is "Who is it all about??"....kidding!!

Okay, this sounds fun, I'm in!!

how do we play??:-3
Sweet Tooth

Post by Sweet Tooth »

oh oh! I wanna play! Yes, someone explain!!
koan

Post by koan »

I'll set up another mystery account like the contestants for the Dating Game and then we just start asking questions when I announce we have a new Mystery Gardener. I'll change the password between games.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

koan;595544 wrote: I'll set up another mystery account like the contestants for the Dating Game and then we just start asking questions when I announce we have a new Mystery Gardener. I'll change the password between games.

Okay...is there a limit to questions or does the person that finally guesses who the mystery gardener is wins...
koan

Post by koan »

OK. The account is set up.

PM me if you want to be the first mystery gardener and I'll start the round 1 thread. We won't run a commentary thread for these as all the comments go towards figuring out who it is.
koan

Post by koan »

WonderWendy3;595550 wrote: Okay...is there a limit to questions or does the person that finally guesses who the mystery gardener is wins...

There should be limits like "yes" or "no" questions so you can't ask "what is your normal username" or something.
koan

Post by koan »

otoh, how the person answers the question is revealing about their personality. obviously they wouldn't have to answer a question directly.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

koan;595555 wrote: otoh, how the person answers the question is revealing about their personality. obviously they wouldn't have to answer a question directly.

like 20 questions, "Are you bigger than a bread box?"
koan

Post by koan »

I think it would be better to go for seven days. That way we don't need to co-ordinate who is guessing. If Nomad got in there we'd be screwed.

So we have seven days to figure it out. Yes?
koan

Post by koan »

Pinky;595568 wrote: Crikey!!! I'm glad you liked my idea, but was a bit freaked when I just saw a thread by me that i didn't start!:-3 :D

:wah:

I like doing it that way so the person who came up with the idea gets the credit. WW has a close second for coming up with the name.
minks

Post by minks »

koan;595580 wrote: :wah:

I like doing it that way so the person who came up with the idea gets the credit. WW has a close second for coming up with the name.

I like it I can't wait for my turn as mystery member, I mean mystery limb, er mystery gardener.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

This sounds like fun! :wah:
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
koan

Post by koan »

koan;595579 wrote: I think it would be better to go for seven days. That way we don't need to co-ordinate who is guessing. If Nomad got in there we'd be screwed.

So we have seven days to figure it out. Yes?

There was too a link, Nomad. :p

(everyone else... carry on)
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I have a question, if we think we know who they are, do we just post it??
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Spot answered my question in the game thread, he already guessed....I was wondering if we have a time period of waiting or just guess??:)
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Maybe we should make it One guess per day. That way someone wont just keep posting guesses all day til they get it.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

YZGI;596010 wrote: Maybe we should make it One guess per day. That way someone wont just keep posting guesses all day til they get it.

I agree, I think the questions are fun...and in a way feel bad for guessing already...hope I'm wrong!!
koan

Post by koan »

Hmmmm.

I'll add in minks' comment

May I suggest you let this go for a week and at the end of the week post who got the guess right the quickest, it would be more fun that way.

what do you think?

I think that she could have chosen not to answer the question as it wasn't a yes or no.

that rule exists to give the MG some room for keeping giveaway clues out too fast.
koan

Post by koan »

YZGI;596010 wrote: Maybe we should make it One guess per day. That way someone wont just keep posting guesses all day til they get it.

WonderWendy3;596021 wrote: I agree, I think the questions are fun...and in a way feel bad for guessing already...hope I'm wrong!!

Not a bad idea but I can't be sure I can watch closely enough to delete any extra questions from members so we have to go on self discipline and I could add it to the rules at the top of each new game. I'm reposting the rules each time to prevent confusion.

eta: Maybe each member could ask only one question per day.
koan

Post by koan »

I was just thinking that we should add a rule that if you make a guess and you're wrong you can't guess anymore. Otherwise people could just start guessing names until they get it.

I'm adding that you can't ask letters in the person's username as well, on the grounds that it becomes another game show if we do that.
thomasrobert

Post by thomasrobert »

Sylvia is Mr Rycroft's niece; Jennifer Gardner is Mr Garfield's godmother; and Mr Duke is an Ex-Chief-Inspector of Scotland Yard.

-------------

Thomas
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

thomasrobert;1348813 wrote: Sylvia is Mr Rycroft's niece; Jennifer Gardner is Mr Garfield's godmother; and Mr Duke is an Ex-Chief-Inspector of Scotland Yard.

-------------

Thomas

I guess Fuzzy Wuzzy.

Return to “FG Game Shows”