Kathy Ellen... Is this you ?

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Jersey Shore fire: Wind-fueled blaze destroys Seaside Park boardwalk and several buildings  - NY Daily News

Please let us know you are safe.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I think she said she lives in Brooklyn.

Snooz

Post by Snooz »

By the way, if anyone's curious about that "false teeth" tab, it's this. :p
Oscar Namechange

I think she went to Brooklyn after the Hurricane but I wondered If she was back In Seaside Heights.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Holy moly, I'm sorry Oscar! I had AnneBolyn on the brain.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming. (I haven't been drinking, I swear.) :o
Oscar Namechange

SnoozeAgain;1436127 wrote: Holy moly, I'm sorry Oscar! I had AnneBolyn on the brain.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming. (I haven't been drinking, I swear.) :o

You never have to apologise to me my little cup cake.... mind you, late last night, you did have me wondering If I'd over-dosed on the sleep meds.
tabby

Post by tabby »

Best wishes for Kathy Ellen!

Also, I think LarsMac is having some extreme weather in his part of the country. Hopefully he hasn't been affected except for a wet weekend.

Biggest aerial response since Katrina: Helicopters to search for 1,200 missing in Colo. - U.S. News
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

SnoozeAgain;1436127 wrote: Holy moly, I'm sorry Oscar! I had AnneBolyn on the brain.

Aw shucks, that's sweet!
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

tabby;1436176 wrote: Best wishes for Kathy Ellen!

Also, I think LarsMac is having some extreme weather in his part of the country. Hopefully he hasn't been affected except for a wet weekend.

Biggest aerial response since Katrina: Helicopters to search for 1,200 missing in Colo. - U.S. News

We did have a lot of flooding. My place is on high ground though, and was unaffected. We were out of town during the whole thing, though. Came back yesterday to find most of the roads closed due to wash-outs.

Still no word from Kathy Ellen?
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

LarsMac;1436268 wrote: We did have a lot of flooding. My place is on high ground though, and was unaffected. We were out of town during the whole thing, though. Came back yesterday to find most of the roads closed due to wash-outs.

No, not on facebook either.:thinking:

Glad to hear you were unaffected.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Dearest Julie,

Thank you so much for putting up this thread, and I beg forgiveness for not responding sooner. Thankfully we are all fine in town. No one was killed or seriously hurt, but the damage to the boardwalk is devastating. I was so afraid that the wind would turn southwards, so I had a garden hose and kept spraying my roof as there were tinders flying about.

I'm going to post a few thoughts about the event, in my next post, that I will be posting on another forum also to let all know that I'm ok.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

This note was written a few days ago, but I haven't had time to post it until now.

How much more can my little town suffer??

I live in the town of Seaside Park, NJ, and we're attached to another town called Seaside Heights, NJ. BUT, we are 2 different towns with different governments. Seaside Park is a lovely, family centered town, and Seaside Heights is a fun, honky tonk town. Seaside Heights had a bad reputation at one time, but now it's becoming more family oriented. I just know that I love both towns. They've been in my blood for all of my life. My family has been coming to this town since we were babies. I finally moved here 25 years ago.

Our area was one of the many NJ towns that suffered greatly due to the Sandy hurricane. Our boardwalk was finally rebuilt and things were becoming kinda normal again. I felt at peace for awhile.

Alas, this afternoon we had an 8 alarm, raging fire in my town on the boardwalk. I live a few blocks south of this area. There was an explosion at one of the stores on the boardwalk, and a major fire broke out spreading northwards. The fire is still raging and will be all night. The winds turn on a dime at the beach, and the fire could make its way southwards towards my area...who knows. Luckily, no one was seriously hurt as far as I know.

All of the wonderful memories of the restaurants, clubs and stores are now gone...poof....in a heartbeat.

My bag is packed in case I have to evacuate for the 4th time. My hopes are that it rains soon and quells the fires.

Please wish us luck. All I can do right now is cry and hope for the best for my lovely town.

Here's a few pics that I could take. We weren't allowed to come any closer.

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

As of today, there are still tinders flying about. The fire is contained, but we have to be careful due to the hidden tinders.

Seaside boardwalk fire ruled accidental, caused by electrical problems at Kohr's custard stand | NJ.com

Even though the fire was accidental, the township citizens still want to know why the electrical system underneath the boardwalk was not replaced since it was emerged in salt water. We had to replace our wiring and it cost a bloody fortune.

There are still many questions about this fire as it could have been prevented, I believe.

It's just so sad for the owners of the stores to have to relive this pain again after Sandy. But, they are strong and will rebuild and some will not.

Once again, I dodged a bullet with the winds going north and not south. Sounds terrible to say with so many owners suffering, but I'm happy that the winds did not cause my home to be destroyed. I don't know if I could survive that pain.

So, all is good and thanks for your kind thoughts.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

LarsMac;1436268 wrote: We did have a lot of flooding. My place is on high ground though, and was unaffected. We were out of town during the whole thing, though. Came back yesterday to find most of the roads closed due to wash-outs.

Lars, I'm so sorry that you are going through this tragic flooding. I didn't know that you lived in Colorado. Jaysus, your State and surrounding States are going through so much awful weather. I'm so happy that you are safe xxx
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Kathy Ellen;1436286 wrote: Dearest Julie,

Thank you so much for putting up this thread, and I beg forgiveness for not responding sooner. Thankfully we are all fine in town. No one was killed or seriously hurt, but the damage to the boardwalk is devastating. I was so afraid that the wind would turn southwards, so I had a garden hose and kept spraying my roof as there were tinders flying about.

I'm going to post a few thoughts about the event, in my next post, that I will be posting on another forum also to let all know that I'm ok.

Thank the Lord for that - you had us all worried.

You really will have to stop doing this - can't you move somewhere safe?
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Bryn Mawr;1436292 wrote: Thank the Lord for that - you had us all worried.

You really will have to stop doing this - can't you move somewhere safe?

Thanks so much Bryn. Actually, I don't feel anywhere is safe. When I had to evacuate from my home, I sought refuge in 2 different parts of our State. Both areas had tons of big trees. These trees were uprooted due to our hurricane Sandy and crashes into homes, cars and people. I'm sorry that I don't have pictures, but the roots of the trees were the size of a truck. It was an awful time as we didn't have heat or electric, and you weren't allowed to drive around looking for shelter as it wasn't safe.

Thanks so much for worrying about me. It makes me feel good to know that my friends care about me.

AND now, I see that you had some terrible issues and will reply to those now.

Thanks Bryn xx
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I am so glad to see that you are alright. :-4:)

I also would like to know the cause. Maybe this tragedy can be prevented in the future.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

I'm just glad you're okay.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

along-for-the-ride;1436302 wrote: I am so glad to see that you are alright. :-4:)

I also would like to know the cause. Maybe this tragedy can be prevented in the future.

Awwww...thanks so much Diana for your kind words. It's good to see you!!:-4

The fire was caused by faulty, old, electrical wires that were never replaced after superstorm Sandy. The wires were under the boardwalk and were flooded by sea salt waters from the ocean. The owners of the boardwalk, police, investigators, Fema, et all did not make sure that the wires were replaced. Investigations are still ongoing.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Wandrin;1436309 wrote: I'm just glad you're okay.

Thanks Wandrin...I'm happy too!!
Oscar Namechange

Kathy Ellen;1436286 wrote: Dearest Julie,

I am just so relieved you are safe.

When I saw this In the news, I just couldn't believe how much bad luck one person could have and worse It has to be you.

I can only Imagine how heartbreaking It must be for you to watch this destruction again. I remember when the Pier burnt down In my home town of Brighton. I was devastated.

Please keep us up to date xxx
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Keep on plugging along, things can only get better.

Return to “People”