Swine Flu in Cats

Come here to get informal advice on your pet's health, behavior issues, diet, and more.
Jazzy

Swine Flu in Cats

Post by Jazzy »

Please don't sneeze on your pet

It's enough that you have to worry about you and your kids catching swine flu this season. But now you also have to be concerned for … your cat. That's right. Your furry friend can catch it, from you. At least that's the case for a 13-year-old feline in Iowa diagnosed with H1N1 after its two owners both came down with the flu. The cat was treated at a veterinary hospital after appearing lethargic, losing its appetite and having trouble breathing. All three have recovered. Although this is the first documented case, consider it a cautionary tale. While searches on "swine flu symptoms" were up this week almost 400%, lookups on "swine flu in cats" also increased. (Read up on how to protect pets from the swine flu.) http://consults.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/ ... swine-flu/
hoppy

Swine Flu in Cats

Post by hoppy »

Maybe it'll thin out the herd of strays a bit.
Jazzy

Swine Flu in Cats

Post by Jazzy »

hoppy;1260764 wrote: Maybe it'll thin out the herd of strays a bit.

I mean no disrespect in my comment as we all have the right to voice our opinion.

However, as an animal lover and owner of several rescued animals, I find your comment rather harsh. I hope it was posted as a joke :(
Oscar Namechange

Swine Flu in Cats

Post by Oscar Namechange »

hoppy;1260764 wrote: Maybe it'll thin out the herd of strays a bit. You better be joking Mr Hoppy. People who rescue strays like myself, will be Insulted by that comment.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Swine Flu in Cats

Post by Odie »

Jazzy;1260756 wrote: Please don't sneeze on your pet

It's enough that you have to worry about you and your kids catching swine flu this season. But now you also have to be concerned for … your cat. That's right. Your furry friend can catch it, from you. At least that's the case for a 13-year-old feline in Iowa diagnosed with H1N1 after its two owners both came down with the flu. The cat was treated at a veterinary hospital after appearing lethargic, losing its appetite and having trouble breathing. All three have recovered. Although this is the first documented case, consider it a cautionary tale. While searches on "swine flu symptoms" were up this week almost 400%, lookups on "swine flu in cats" also increased. (Read up on how to protect pets from the swine flu.) Can Pets Get Swine Flu? - Consults Blog - NYTimes.com

very true Jazzy, its not just people.
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “Pet Advice Support”