cat advice

Come here to get informal advice on your pet's health, behavior issues, diet, and more.
buttercup

cat advice

Post by buttercup »

The cats just come in, had his dinner & acting as normal. Does his usual & jumps up on the bed & settles down to sleep, its then i notice something stuck to his head, he's no fan of being cleaned so i wrap him up in a towel & proceed to clean the area with just water, as i'm now close to the area i notice it smells foul. He lets it get cleaned & its then i notice the hole, its not that big really but there is one, no blood. Now the vet is closed on Sunday & will only come out for emergency of which i doubt this is, however i am worried & will take him in the morning when they open, in the meantime he's acting as if nothing has happened, anyone ever had a similar situation with their cat? Is it likely to be an infection? No pus has come out of it since i cleaned it half an hour ago.
pinkchick

cat advice

Post by pinkchick »

buttercup;670309 wrote: The cats just come in, had his dinner & acting as normal. Does his usual & jumps up on the bed & settles down to sleep, its then i notice something stuck to his head, he's no fan of being cleaned so i wrap him up in a towel & proceed to clean the area with just water, as i'm now close to the area i notice it smells foul. He lets it get cleaned & its then i notice the hole, its not that big really but there is one, no blood. Now the vet is closed on Sunday & will only come out for emergency of which i doubt this is, however i am worried & will take him in the morning when they open, in the meantime he's acting as if nothing has happened, anyone ever had a similar situation with their cat? Is it likely to be an infection? No pus has come out of it since i cleaned it half an hour ago.

Buttercup I have 2 cats and they quite often get into scraps.

Try not to worry too much hun - I'm sure he'll be fine and dandy.

Just keep the area clean for now;)
Very nearly perfect ... :D
weeder

cat advice

Post by weeder »

You said HOLE. Not scrape or tear but hole. I had the identical experience years ago with my beloved cat Allie. Her wound was a gunshot. She was shot for visiting someones garden. Could it be a bebe gun shot hole? If she isnt in pain, it musnt be very deep. Allie was in great pain
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
chonsigirl

cat advice

Post by chonsigirl »

Could be an abcess, the vet will tell you tomorrow what it is. You cleaned it out, and kitty isn't fussing. It doesn't sound too bad.
buttercup

cat advice

Post by buttercup »

Youngest daughter came home, got hysterical to the stage i had to call out the emergency vet just to calm her down.

He got a couple of anti biotic shots, just standard cat fights stuff, the way my daughter reacted you'd have thought he was going to die at any second :rolleyes:

Animals get legs ripped off in the wild & survive, apparently our cat cant have a gash & survive (note no blood even)
guppy

cat advice

Post by guppy »

glad your cat is alright bc...:)

Return to “Pet Advice Support”