Agnes

The Enlightenment Test

Post by Agnes »

welcome to america, how do you like it! very good, :-6
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :yh_beatup
BabyRider

The Enlightenment Test

Post by BabyRider »

Agnes wrote: welcome to america, how do you like it! very good, :-6Wow. This sounds vaguely stereotypical, and almost racist. Care to explain?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

abbey

The Enlightenment Test

Post by abbey »

BabyRider wrote: Wow. This sounds vaguely stereotypical, and almost racist. Care to explain?You dont imagine for one second you'll get a reply do you? :wah:
koan

The Enlightenment Test

Post by koan »

Asian-American wrote: A very eccentric philosophy quiz: http://www.transtopia.org/quiz.html It covers pretty much every philosophical position in existence.

Thanks for the quiz. It may take some time to complete as the questions are IMO too long. It is hard to answer simple yes or no when you agree with one half then they add a "but". Does that make it a maybe? Because I might end up having to answer all their two part questions with maybe and end up being a flake who doesn't know what they believe when, in reality, I am something inbetween the options given. :confused:
koan

The Enlightenment Test

Post by koan »

I decided to check out the results. To get a sense of the bias that seemed evident in the way the questions are written. There is no categorizing of the testee's enlightenment. If you agree with all they say you are 100% enlightened. If you disagree with all they say you are an ignoramus who resides in a mental hell. If you leave the preset at all maybes you are semi enlightened and wishywashy.

The only interesting thing here is to see what the site believes in as the questions are very specific and give their views in much detail.

Other than that, to say people are ignorant or wishywashy if they don't agree with everything you believe in and call it an enlightenment test is quite abhorrent. and oxymoronic
abbey

The Enlightenment Test

Post by abbey »

koan wrote: to say people are ignorant or wishywashy if they don't agree with everything you believe in and call it an enlightenment test is quite abhorrent. and oxymoronicAnd there was me feeling quite good about myself

because i'd scored pretty well! :wah: :wah:
abbey

The Enlightenment Test

Post by abbey »

flopstock wrote: Congrats! Me too..go figure... :D

So tell me..you ever get that feeling a thread isn't going to go quite the way you had thought it would?? :wah:Way-ay..thats the Garden for ya! :wah:
Jives

The Enlightenment Test

Post by Jives »

Hello AA! You must have come by on my vacation. Welcome to the Garden, I'll take your philosophy test later, right now I'm busy writing one of my own!

(I have to get ready for Summer School)
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
john8pies

The Enlightenment Test

Post by john8pies »

Thanks for the perusal of the quiz but I once took a similar quiz which labelled me as "a person not suitable to partake in quizzes like this"...................................!
capt_buzzard

The Enlightenment Test

Post by capt_buzzard »

I'm Irish,but don't hold that against me:wah:
koan

The Enlightenment Test

Post by koan »

capt_buzzard wrote: I'm Irish,but don't hold that against me:wah:

I'm afraid there is no hope for you, capt. :wah:

Don't worry about the test results...they are biased against Irishmen...and everyone else.
Light

The Enlightenment Test

Post by Light »

(oh, and let's not forget the puerile LAMERS who hit 'score it' without changing/reading anything; you know who you are...). Limbo.

wow its me:)

I answered the first few questions, and after that I decided to keep an open mind, I should not answer anything. and leave it all in the middle, if I accept one answer being true, that means that I can't accept the other for being true as well. which would prevent me from truly thinking creatively.

And to be truly creative I will do the test again and read it all, and to answer the questions with the best thurth that I know at this very moment...
Galbally

The Enlightenment Test

Post by Galbally »

Well I did the test, and as I suspected I am a proto fascist with communistic and free market capitalist leanings who wants everything and nothing but couldn't give a flying f*ck really. Could have told them that myself.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.

Return to “Philosophy”