Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

The more I look at Primordial Man, the less I see them as having a consciousness that was even similar to ours. I think they had physical brains, and highly developed instincts, but I do not view them as being conscious beings. They stayed stagnant far too long; stayed the same literally, with almost little change in over what; 250,000 years and more. Perhaps much more.

In my view, they never became civilized.

In example, what are the sure signs of consciousness and civilization? And did they display those? I think not. Here are some signs of Consciousness and civilization;

Language

Mathmatics

Science

Transportation

Spelling

Religion

Technology

War

Education

communication

Building

Agriculture

And the list just goes on and on, and Primordial man had almost zero of these that developed into a higher stage before Adam came on the scene, and I believe Adam was the first human with an active working consciousness, and soon after him civilization began, and later Egypt really grew in its civilization.

Too much time elasped for me to accept that neanderthals and cromagnons had consciousness, those who lived before the Ice Age. They basically stayed the same for perhaps millions of years?

Is it then possible for a whole race of humans to exist, and not be conscious?
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

How much of our consciousness do we modern day people even use? I think we subconsciously do far more than we realize.

And I think Primordial humans did everything they did subconsciously.
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12163
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by LarsMac »

Consciousness evolved, as man began solving some of the problems he encountered.

Figuring out how to manage fire, was a major advance.

Learning to cook, another.

Fire gave the early hunter-gatherer some amount of safety.

And sitting around a campfire has always been something to inspire the imagination.

Once man had a moment to just sit and think, all sorts of things began to happen.
“All it takes to get elected in twenty-first-century America is a mob of frightened sheep and a wolf with a nice smile,”
― Greg Bear, Darwin's Children
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

LarsMac;1433929 wrote: Consciousness evolved, as man began solving some of the problems he encountered.

Figuring out how to manage fire, was a major advance.

Learning to cook, another.

Fire gave the early hunter-gatherer some amount of safety.

And sitting around a campfire has always been something to inspire the imagination.

Once man had a moment to just sit and think, all sorts of things began to happen.




I think Consciousness most certainly evolves, is probally the one thing about humanity that is still now evolving that I would agree with. I agree firguring how to manage fire was a major advance; I would argue primordial man too way too long to even learn to manage that- a sure sign of lack of a working consciousness. You mentioned " Imagination", which is another sign of consciousness; Primordial man has shown very little of that from what I have studied.

They were not conscious as we are, no; I would not agree with that. I think they were more like advanced animals, with instincts that led them to do things which I think we mistake for consciousness, as we still do with animals today; thinking they are conscious.
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

Even today, I don't think we realize just how much we " Unconsciously do things!" Just do things without even using our consciousness, so its no impossible thing to imagine a whole race of humans just not using their consciousness, or needing one for that matter.

I would say at least, at the very least, half the things we do every day, we do NOT use our consciousness to do them! Like " Driving:", for example; when we drive, how much of what we do, are we unconsciously doing them? I would say 50%, at least. We are holding the steering wheel, steering; and we are using our feet to brake or excelerate; all the while looking at the road, and at the same time not driving too close to the curve, while listening to music, while talking on the phone, while looking in the mirror, while looking at the scenery , while combing our hair, while eating something, while thinking about something totally different in our minds, while watching the street lights, while watching the street signs, while looking at your watch! You are NOT using your consciousness to do much of these things, you are " Using your INSTINCTS!"

And that is similar to what I mean by primordial man using their instincts, but we think they used their consciousness.
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

Now of course consciousness is an opinion up for grabs in many sciences, especially where animals are concerned; I personally do not view animals as conscious beings; although some of them have such high toned instincts, it " Mimicks consciousness." So there will be disagreement there. I think what we call " Cave Men" in our ancient history, certainly " Mimicked Consciousness", but I disagree that they had the type of consciousness that we hold. And this is important in discussing this topic; I believe the main reason why Primordial man stayed stagnant for so long, or primitive, is because of their " Lack of consciousness", because consciousness led to and created civilization.
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

Now in my view, Primordial man did not speak, because language is a sign of consciousness; and I don't think they were. Well exactly when did humans begin to speak? The speculations vary; some say around 100,000 years ago. The origin of language must be tied into the origin of consciousness. They have to go hand in hand, which is why I do not believe humans are not from or continous with the idiot hiearchy of speechless apes.Some say language started around 15,000 BC, coinciding with the France cave drawings. I disagree with that; signs and symbols were first used as a written language or ideographic marks to express thoughts, because verbal sounds could not be articulated.
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12163
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by LarsMac »

Mickiel;1433966 wrote: Now in my view, Primordial man did not speak, because language is a sign of consciousness; and I don't think they were. Well exactly when did humans begin to speak? The speculations vary; some say around 100,000 years ago. The origin of language must be tied into the origin of consciousness. They have to go hand in hand, which is why I do not believe humans are not from or continous with the idiot hiearchy of speechless apes.Some say language started around 15,000 BC, coinciding with the France cave drawings. I disagree with that; signs and symbols were first used as a written language or ideographic marks to express thoughts, because verbal sounds could not be articulated.


There are several creatures who exhibit definite thought processes and show that they understand that certain actions will cause specific consequences. Tool usage has been demonstrated often.

And species communicate among themselves as a matter of course.

I think that demonstrates some level of consciousness. Certainly not to an equal with modern man, of course.

As man learned to interact with environment and with other men, language and consciousness evolved together, and as consciousness evolved, so did social behavior. I think it all tied together, with each aspect feeding the others.
“All it takes to get elected in twenty-first-century America is a mob of frightened sheep and a wolf with a nice smile,”
― Greg Bear, Darwin's Children
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

LarsMac;1433970 wrote: There are several creatures who exhibit definite thought processes and show that they understand that certain actions will cause specific consequences. Tool usage has been demonstrated often.

And species communicate among themselves as a matter of course.

I think that demonstrates some level of consciousness. Certainly not to an equal with modern man, of course.

As man learned to interact with environment and with other men, language and consciousness evolved together, and as consciousness evolved, so did social behavior. I think it all tied together, with each aspect feeding the others.




I think it demonstrates a high level of instinct, not consciousness. Consciousness is the governor of behavior , not the mimicking of behavior; and it will provide recognition of self and why self will suffer consequences; and when and where and how and why they will be suffered; animals don't know these things. In example, show me a dog, that knows it is a dog.Show me a dog that knows what city it is in. Show me a dog that knows you are a human. Show me a dog that knows what day it is.

Well you can't, because they are not conscious of those things.
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1433972 wrote: I think it demonstrates a high level of instinct, not consciousness. Consciousness is the governor of behavior , not the mimicking of behavior; and it will provide recognition of self and why self will suffer consequences; and when and where and how and why they will be suffered; animals don't know these things. In example, show me a dog, that knows it is a dog.Show me a dog that knows what city it is in. Show me a dog that knows you are a human. Show me a dog that knows what day it is.

Well you can't, because they are not conscious of those things.




And see this is what I mean as consciousness; its first awareness, and self awareness. A dog is not aware that it has 4 legs and two ears. It just knows they are there, it does not know what they are, why they are and why they do what they do for him. It does not know what color it is; its not aware that it has a heart or a lung or a brain; it is not conscious of those things, but some want to give it consciousness of those things. They can't give it, you cannot give an animal self awareness; it does not know its a German Sheppard, it does not know German Sheppards exist! Although it may be one itself.
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12163
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by LarsMac »

Mickiel;1433972 wrote: I think it demonstrates a high level of instinct, not consciousness. Consciousness is the governor of behavior , not the mimicking of behavior; and it will provide recognition of self and why self will suffer consequences; and when and where and how and why they will be suffered; animals don't know these things. In example, show me a dog, that knows it is a dog.Show me a dog that knows what city it is in. Show me a dog that knows you are a human. Show me a dog that knows what day it is.

Well you can't, because they are not conscious of those things.


They have little need of those things.

My chihuahua, Pitstop, knows she is a dog, and knows other dogs are dogs. I suspect that the name 'dog' is not what she thinks of when she see's other dogs, but she knows they have no place on here sidewalk.

She knows when she is required to share the house with other dogs that come to visit with their people, and she does so grudgingly. She knows when she is looking in a mirror and that she is looking at her own reflection.

Does she reflect on her place in the universe? or wonder if there is more to life than Pupperonis and prime rib? Dunno. But she shows as much consciousness some of the local people around here.
“All it takes to get elected in twenty-first-century America is a mob of frightened sheep and a wolf with a nice smile,”
― Greg Bear, Darwin's Children
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

LarsMac;1433985 wrote: They have little need of those things.

My chihuahua, Pitstop, knows she is a dog, and knows other dogs are dogs. I suspect that the name 'dog' is not what she thinks of when she see's other dogs, but she knows they have no place on here sidewalk.

She knows when she is required to share the house with other dogs that come to visit with their people, and she does so grudgingly. She knows when she is looking in a mirror and that she is looking at her own reflection.

Does she reflect on her place in the universe? or wonder if there is more to life than Pupperonis and prime rib? Dunno. But she shows as much consciousness some of the local people around here.




YOU want to think that shes knows she is a dog, but your dog does not know what a dog is. It does not understand the term" Dog", it cannot define dog, spell dog, speak dog or relate to you what dog is. You are giving an example of how strong and projecting YOUR consciousness is; you want to give a dog personal identity in their own mind. You want to believe your dog is aware that it is a dog. When your dog sees another dog, it sees another animal that it can determine is not like you, but it can smell the animal and receive differing sensations from that. You would like to think that receiving of sensations is consciousness; it is not; its instinct. But YOUR consciousness is so strong, that YOU want to give your dog, YOUR senses of reflections on the universe.
User avatar
Wandrin
Posts: 1697
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:10 pm

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Wandrin »

My dog is far more aware of subtle body language in humans and other dogs than I will ever be. He has no need of a watch or artificial time/date constructs, since he uses the angle of the sun. My dog is aware that he is not human and recognizes other dogs as from his own species whether they look anything like him or look more like a rodent or horse. He is aware that horses are not dogs. He recognizes people and dogs that he has met, even when it has been a long time since he has seen them. He recognizes places that we have been, although I don't know whether it is by sight or smell. He uses a machine to throw the ball for him when I am not available.
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Ahso! »

Mickiel;1433988 wrote: YOU want to think that shes knows she is a dog, but your dog does not know what a dog is. It does not understand the term" Dog", it cannot define dog, spell dog, speak dog or relate to you what dog is. You are giving an example of how strong and projecting YOUR consciousness is; you want to give a dog personal identity in their own mind. You want to believe your dog is aware that it is a dog. When your dog sees another dog, it sees another animal that it can determine is not like you, but it can smell the animal and receive differing sensations from that. You would like to think that receiving of sensations is consciousness; it is not; its instinct. But YOUR consciousness is so strong, that YOU want to give your dog, YOUR senses of reflections on the universe.This is an excellent argument if one can look past the obvious. Good work, Mickey, though i'm not certain we agree.

And Lars as well as Wandering know I love them!
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

Wandrin;1433990 wrote: My dog is far more aware of subtle body language in humans and other dogs than I will ever be. He has no need of a watch or artificial time/date constructs, since he uses the angle of the sun. My dog is aware that he is not human and recognizes other dogs as from his own species whether they look anything like him or look more like a rodent or horse. He is aware that horses are not dogs. He recognizes people and dogs that he has met, even when it has been a long time since he has seen them. He recognizes places that we have been, although I don't know whether it is by sight or smell. He uses a machine to throw the ball for him when I am not available.




Your dog is not aware of what a machine is, you are impressing your awareness of a machine on him , in hopes that it proves something that YOU are aware of. Your dog is not aware that he is not human, because it does not know what a human is; its not even aware of the term " Human." YOU are aware of what a human is, and you are trying to give your dog YOUR awareness; and that cannot be done. Your dog is NOT aware that dogs are not horses, because it does not know what a horse is. To a dog;, a horse, a donkey, a mule, a cow, a zebra, or a deer, are all the same thing; a thing! But to YOU, who are conscious, you are perfectly aware that those are not the same " Things." A dog has memory, but its memory is NOT like yours! Your dog does NOT know the difference between Detroit and Denver. It does not know the name of the street you live on; it does not know what material your house is made of. It does not know what metal, brick or wood is; YOU know, because you are conscious of it.

It is impossible to be conscious of, those things we are not conscious of.
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

Primordial man was not conscious of so many things research has " Made" them conscious of; when all evidence that reveal consciousness was just not there in sufficent quality.
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12163
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by LarsMac »

Mickiel;1433988 wrote: YOU want to think that shes knows she is a dog, but your dog does not know what a dog is. It does not understand the term" Dog", it cannot define dog, spell dog, speak dog or relate to you what dog is. You are giving an example of how strong and projecting YOUR consciousness is; you want to give a dog personal identity in their own mind. You want to believe your dog is aware that it is a dog. When your dog sees another dog, it sees another animal that it can determine is not like you, but it can smell the animal and receive differing sensations from that. You would like to think that receiving of sensations is consciousness; it is not; its instinct. But YOUR consciousness is so strong, that YOU want to give your dog, YOUR senses of reflections on the universe.


I don't "Want to think" anything. I merely make observations.

Like people, some animals stand out and demonstrate a rather high IQ and sense of their surroundings. Others are Door knobs.

I guess our differences may be in that fine line between Awareness, and Consciousness.
“All it takes to get elected in twenty-first-century America is a mob of frightened sheep and a wolf with a nice smile,”
― Greg Bear, Darwin's Children
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

LarsMac;1434086 wrote: I don't "Want to think" anything. I merely make observations.

Like people, some animals stand out and demonstrate a rather high IQ and sense of their surroundings. Others are Door knobs.

I guess our differences may be in that fine line between Awareness, and Consciousness.




Well I agree with you there; we have different views on it. I don't think animals are " Like people", I think they are totally different from humans. I think certain animals have a very high quotient and sense of their surroundings, which I view as evidence of design, not self developing IQ; in my view IQ did not just happen on its own, but is evidence of Intelligent design. IQ breeds IQ and births IQ; and the evolution of IQ is definitely evidence of an evolving designing tract of purpose and meaning; and I do not view " Meaning" as a thing which can be birthed from " Meaninglessness."
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12163
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by LarsMac »

Mickiel;1434088 wrote: Well I agree with you there; we have different views on it. I don't think animals are " Like people", I think they are totally different from humans. I think certain animals have a very high quotient and sense of their surroundings, which I view as evidence of design, not self developing IQ; in my view IQ did not just happen on its own, but is evidence of Intelligent design. IQ breeds IQ and births IQ; and the evolution of IQ is definitely evidence of an evolving designing tract of purpose and meaning; and I do not view " Meaning" as a thing which can be birthed from " Meaninglessness."


Oh, I quite agree that animals are not "like people"

People are more like animals that most would like to think, though.

I see where you're going with this.

Design is irrelevant, I think. I don't really think God meddles all that much in the universe.
“All it takes to get elected in twenty-first-century America is a mob of frightened sheep and a wolf with a nice smile,”
― Greg Bear, Darwin's Children
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

LarsMac;1434109 wrote: Oh, I quite agree that animals are not "like people"

People are more like animals that most would like to think, though.

I see where you're going with this.

Design is irrelevant, I think. I don't really think God meddles all that much in the universe.




Design is destiny, and destiny is always relevant; unless one is in the vein of removing relevancy and replacing it with mans opinion. I am not in that vein, a different view runs through the vein of my consciousness; and you don't see where that is going.

God lives in the Universe, created the Universe, designed the Universe, and has plans for the future of the Universe and will constantly expand the Universe; God is the Universe!
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12163
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by LarsMac »

Mickiel;1434112 wrote: Design is destiny, and destiny is always relevant; unless one is in the vein of removing relevancy and replacing it with mans opinion. I am not in that vein, a different view runs through the vein of my consciousness; and you don't see where that is going.

God lives in the Universe, created the Universe, designed the Universe, and has plans for the future of the Universe and will constantly expand the Universe; God is the Universe!


So, God designed himself?
“All it takes to get elected in twenty-first-century America is a mob of frightened sheep and a wolf with a nice smile,”
― Greg Bear, Darwin's Children
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

LarsMac;1434115 wrote: So, God designed himself?




Parts of himself, definitely yes.
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

Primordial man had no consciousness, and modern man certainly did not " Grow ours from nothing." It is impossible for consciousness to " Just appear and start inside of a single man and spread into others." Nor did consciousness come from a sperm cell. It did not come from some imagined explosion in space; how can a giant explosion cause consciousness? Explosions are destructive, they do NOT cause life!

Consciousness is sure evidence of God, there is just no way around it.
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Ahso! »

Mickiel;1434134 wrote: Primordial man had no consciousness, and modern man certainly did not " Grow ours from nothing."Who said it does?Mickiel;1434134 wrote: It is impossible for consciousness to " Just appear and start inside of a single man and spread into others."Who said it does?Mickiel;1434134 wrote: Nor did consciousness come from a sperm cell.Who said it does?Mickiel;1434134 wrote: It did not come from some imagined explosion in space; how can a giant explosion cause consciousness?Who said it does?Mickiel;1434134 wrote: Explosions are destructive, they do NOT cause life!Who said it does?

Mickiel;1434134 wrote: Consciousness is sure evidence of God, there is just no way around it.Because you said so?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

Ahso!;1434166 wrote: Who said it does?Who said it does?Who said it does?Who said it does?Who said it does?

Because you said so?




I hold no interest in insulting debators.
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Ahso! »

Mickiel;1434171 wrote: I hold no interest in insulting debators.That's convenient, isn't it.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Wandrin
Posts: 1697
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:10 pm

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Wandrin »

I take it that you don't think early man was not just a result of a momma ape wanting more for her kids.
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

Wandrin;1434204 wrote: I take it that you don't think early man was not just a result of a momma ape wanting more for her kids.


I do not consider humans as being continuous with the idiot hierarchy of speechless apes, no. Two different species then, two different now. We could not mate then, and cannot mate now. But if a human science has mated them and gave birth, I would like to see evidence of that. I believe that if one Species gave birth to a totally different species, neither species were human to begin with, and could never become human.
User avatar
Wandrin
Posts: 1697
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:10 pm

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Wandrin »

Mickiel;1434207 wrote: I do not consider humans as being continuous with the idiot hierarchy of speechless apes, no. Two different species then, two different now. We could not mate then, and cannot mate now. But if a human science has mated them and gave birth, I would like to see evidence of that. I believe that if one Species gave birth to a totally different species, neither species were human to begin with, and could never become human.


So, what species do you think humans evolved from? There were other species on earth long before there were humans, according to the fossil evidence.
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

Wandrin;1434208 wrote: So, what species do you think humans evolved from? There were other species on earth long before there were humans, according to the fossil evidence.




Humans evolved from the mind of God.
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

The Ice Age, the last recorded one, reached its maximun 20,000 years ago, and then gave way to warming sea levels. Neanderthals are said to be at least 300,000 years old; now civilization most likely began around 9,000 B.C. in the " Eynan culture", perhaps simultaneously in the Levant and Iraqi lands. Do the math; what REALLY happened to bring about civilization after all this time; could consciousness have survived that last ice age? Neanderthals died out perhaps 30,000 years ago, and the Ice Age surely killed off any who survived; and during all that time man had a brain size flatline all of their existence.

Consciousness had to be the defining factor; and it could only have come from God.
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

Many make the serious mistake about judging the future without correctly judging the past. In example, Constantine made Christianity the official religion of the Roman Empire, and we think God did it. We treat Christianity as if it is " The Chosen religion", when it is FAR from that! Chosen to be a bad example if anything. Its the same logic being used to understand Evolution; evolution is really increasing complexity, devolution is decreasing complexity; but many cannot understand evolution properly, because they don't see its past properly. So they view the scientific definition of it as " The chosen definition."
User avatar
Wandrin
Posts: 1697
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:10 pm

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Wandrin »

Mickiel;1434212 wrote: Humans evolved from the mind of God.


So, 98.4% of our DNA is shared by chimps and a slightly different 98.4% is shared by bonobos. We are definately related and logic would dictate that humans, chimps, and bonobos all share a common ancestor.
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

Wandrin;1434244 wrote: So, 98.4% of our DNA is shared by chimps and a slightly different 98.4% is shared by bonobos. We are definately related and logic would dictate that humans, chimps, and bonobos all share a common ancestor.




Well that is true, but we have to be honest with that science, because these are also true from our research;

Humans have much in common with Mushrooms

64% of our genes match Horses

35% of our genes match grain

44% with the Fruit Fly

92% with a Mouse

26% with Yeast

These must also be considered in that science;

Whales and Dolphins nearest relative are Hippopotamuses

Seals, Sea Lions and Walruses nearest relatives are Bears

The Rhinos nearest relative is a Donkey.
User avatar
Wandrin
Posts: 1697
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:10 pm

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Wandrin »

Cool. One big happy family.
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

Wandrin;1434284 wrote: Cool. One big happy family.


Well another view to have is that we all came from the same source, same creator who used the same stuff to make us all.

With a few differing ingredients of course. But you cannot use simularity to prove same breed. There is too much of the same creative ingredients in all the breeds.
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

Using the signs of Consciousness, make a list of those signs which Primordial man had; if your honest, you won;'t have much of a list.
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

Wandrin;1434244 wrote: So, 98.4% of our DNA is shared by chimps and a slightly different 98.4% is shared by bonobos. We are definately related and logic would dictate that humans, chimps, and bonobos all share a common ancestor.




I wanted to add to this that human DNA has 3 billion letters, ( base pairs). Okay if Chimps have 98% of our DNA, what is a 2 % difference out of 3 billion? Its 60 million differences. What this means is that a Chimp or an Ape like creature, would have to go through 60 million changes to have their DNA get to where they are human. Their DNA would have to evolve 60 million times and make 60 million improvements, not mutations, because we know mutations are not stable every time and cause more problems often than they do improvements.
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1434341 wrote: I wanted to add to this that human DNA has 3 billion letters, ( base pairs). Okay if Chimps have 98% of our DNA, what is a 2 % difference out of 3 billion? Its 60 million differences. What this means is that a Chimp or an Ape like creature, would have to go through 60 million changes to have their DNA get to where they are human. Their DNA would have to evolve 60 million times and make 60 million improvements, not mutations, because we know mutations are not stable every time and cause more problems often than they do improvements.




Given these real stats, do you even realize how long it would take for a chimp to become human? Time really does not factor into this, because its off the scale of reality; it just would not happen. You cannot evolve from being an unconscious animal into a conscious human being; its not about having enough time for such a thing to happen, its about knowing the science that such a thing is impossible to happen during time as we have known it.
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

When God blew into Adam the breath of life , he was giving him consciousness also. Adam was the first human with consciousness. I believe that, consciousness began with him, not primordial humans.
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

There are forces that want to take history away from God, and give it to the ever narrowing theory of random luck from nothing! They seek to remove God from our origins, and replace him with magic exploding rocks that burst into reality from nothing, and those are our parents and the creators of consciousness. Those rocks bled magical chemicals of consciousness. Get real! Consciousness came from consciousness, and these powerful forces that are aligned against God cannot change reality, but they are doing a good job of trying.

God gave Adam consciousness, and that was the seed of civilization.
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12163
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by LarsMac »

Agreed. Now, if we could just get Civilization to take root on the planet, we might be OK.
“All it takes to get elected in twenty-first-century America is a mob of frightened sheep and a wolf with a nice smile,”
― Greg Bear, Darwin's Children
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Ahso! »

How ridiculous. You haven't a clue what you're talking about.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

LarsMac;1434927 wrote: Agreed. Now, if we could just get Civilization to take root on the planet, we might be OK.




Its taken root, just not deep enough and spread out enough.
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Ahso! »

You don't even have the bible stuff correct.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

Was Primordial man conscious?

Well we shall see.
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Ahso! »

Mickiel;1435002 wrote: Was Primordial man conscious?

Well we shall see.Why did God create "Primordial Man"? Also, where is Primordial Man described in the bible?

Third, God didn't grant full consciousness to Adam, according to the bible story, it was supposedly Adams choice by giving into Eve's insistence on disobeying God because of her desire to know about the sensations of a long and large you know what....snake?

Those disobedient sex-crazed females are always getting men into trouble and causing their downfall from glory.

So, when Adam ate the fruit he looked down and realized he was merely a worn and no match for that snake he covered up and became depressed and abusive toward women and his fellow man?

Now that's consciousness! And you want us to believe that your loving God did that? Not on your life, Mickey.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

What happened to Primordial man when after the ice age he was basically wiped out and faced distinction, then all of a sudden, its as if he made an incredible right turn, and exploded off into a whole new conscious different direction? A direction that soon led to civilization.

Man, if that does not show intervention from a God, I don't know what would.
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Ahso! »

Mickiel;1435018 wrote: What happened to Primordial man when after the ice age he was basically wiped out and faced distinction, then all of a sudden, its as if he made an incredible right turn, and exploded off into a whole new conscious different direction? A direction that soon led to civilization.

Man, if that does not show intervention from a God, I don't know what would.You do mean extinction, don't you?

Where are you getting your scientific and historical information, Mickey? How about linking something.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Was Primordial man Conscious as we are conscious?

Post by Mickiel »

Humanity turned from extinct hunter gatherers to conscious humans headed to civilization by the plan of God, and the design of God.

I think he used primordial man as a designing board.

Return to “Philosophy”