Truth

koan

Truth

Post by koan »

with a capitol 'T'. What does Truth mean to you? How do you know when you come across it?
hotsauce

Truth

Post by hotsauce »

When I am seeking truth...I usually know I have found it when it hurts really bad.
koan

Truth

Post by koan »

TW, sadly enough. A good friend of mine recently told me that I had to learn how to lie if I was going to survive...in not so many words.

hotsauce, your reply was brilliant.

I have, I suppose a few different ideas about Truth. Reading tarot cards I say a lot of things that mean nothing to me but when I hit upon a Truth I know it because the person starts to cry.

In religious and philosophical studies I develop my concepts when I read something that suddenly makes my heart jolt and I just 'know' that it is true.

I have the hardest time discerning everday truth as far as knowing when someone is BSing me about small things. But I usually know when they are lying to themselves in a bigger way. Kind of screwy. I'd rather know when they are lying to me.
Wolverine

Truth

Post by Wolverine »

hotsauce wrote: When I am seeking truth...I usually know I have found it when it hurts really bad.
I thinks that sums it up quite well

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Agnes

Truth

Post by Agnes »

I cannot help it, i say it the way it is? less idiots pass my way and try to pull off uneeded torture on me. truthfully, you can tell when some one is honest, then sometimes what was thought to be the truth now isn't? i could care less about truth or not, just rid the problem and say BYE. Pre-Teens would be more concerned about a topic like this. i am too old to know better and give a good hoot as to truth or consequences? oh well, move on.
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :yh_beatup
lime-sterman

Truth

Post by lime-sterman »

The truth seem's to me an approximation or the next nearest thing to it, I think the truth was and is first and foremost!...........it does not have a second! maybe that come's across as religeous, but I am not a follower of any religeon. Any interpretation of the truth is approximation! Hotsauce gave the truth of where the ego has settled in and life has come in to disturb that truth, the Buddhists have the four noble truths, the scientist's have there empirical truth's, the law court's have to have truth that give's them a conviction beyond reasonable doubt which is decided by a jury, which mean's there are many level's of truth! conventional truth's, part of a larger stream of truth maybe?
minks

Truth

Post by minks »

truth to me,

asking the question more than once, worded differently and getting the same answer every time. That is truth.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
mominiowa

Truth

Post by mominiowa »

Truth--

My 12 year old - When you know you are wrong..and are not afraid to admit it...just to make the story better...

My 7 year old - When you have nothing left to say "for the last word"

My 12 year old - When its quiet..and things have come to an end..

Truth, by my 10 year old....is always being happy inside becuase lies make you feel bad..

(my 5 year old) - when your teacher is happy that you didn't lie. :)

I asked my kids and these were their answers....I am very happy I asked them that question..great post koan!!!!!!!

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
Clint

Truth

Post by Clint »

Truth is an accurate representation of the facts. Truth is a reflection with out distortion. It is rare when we actuall see it but we should be looking for it in everything. It is the course a ship attempts to hold when it goes to its destination. In reality, a ship leaves the course then finds it again over and over on its journey.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Light

Truth

Post by Light »

Truth is where great minds don't think alike ;) ones truth is not the same as another persons truth.

I do desire to understand Your truth a little, that truth that my heart believes and loves. For I do not seek to understand so that I may believe; but I believe so that I may understand. For I believe this also, that ‘unless I believe, I shall not understand’

~St. Anselm's~

Return to “Philosophy”