Age...

Odie

Age...

Post by Odie »

AussiePam;1286634 wrote: Why do I get a visual of Bridget Jones????

This has just gotta be too much information.... :yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
theia

Age...

Post by theia »

AussiePam;1286634 wrote: Why do I get a visual of Bridget Jones????

This has just gotta be too much information.... :yh_rotfl

AND I wear woolly hats of different hue
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
AussiePam

Age...

Post by AussiePam »

You do jest, Theia, me darlin!!

I know what we're in for now. Can the brown cardies. It's now gonna be a struggle to wrest from you you woolly hats, right? I bet they're delectable, and that Betty Boop has been planning for years to nick one.. and get caught...and transported to the colonies where I can toss a few snags on the barbie for her and maybe teach her how to ride a surfboard. On the other hand, you could pawn your hats and zot out here yourself and we could drink um.. TEA ... um... sigh... together.... and ogle the big hunky bronzed Aussie lifeguards... yeah!!

Attached files
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Odie

Age...

Post by Odie »

I wear hoodies.:yh_rotfl
Betty Boop

Age...

Post by Betty Boop »

theia;1286625 wrote: I bought my first pack of "full briefs" today in m and s. Goodbye to those things that cut me in two, or three even. These are so comfortable.

Big pants reign :-6

What an astonishing admission. I just spat my vodka and lemonade over my vodka :yh_rotfl

Do you recommend these Bridget Jones' type thingies then :wah:
Betty Boop

Age...

Post by Betty Boop »

theia;1286656 wrote: AND I wear woolly hats of different hue

Do they match your cardi's?? :D
Betty Boop

Age...

Post by Betty Boop »

AussiePam;1286662 wrote: You do jest, Theia, me darlin!!

I know what we're in for now. Can the brown cardies. It's now gonna be a struggle to wrest from you you woolly hats, right? I bet they're delectable, and that Betty Boop has been planning for years to nick one.. and get caught...and transported to the colonies where I can toss a few snags on the barbie for her and maybe teach her how to ride a surfboard. On the other hand, you could pawn your hats and zot out here yourself and we could drink um.. TEA ... um... sigh... together.... and ogle the big hunky bronzed Aussie lifeguards... yeah!!

Setting off to steal Theia's hats right now, hey Pam, do you think I can be transported to the colonies before the next cold spell hits Cornwall. Fed up of the cold now, need some warm sunshine. :D
Omni_Skittles

Age...

Post by Omni_Skittles »

aging to me is presents and a reason to ask for something too expensive... like skydiving!!!
Smoke signals ftw!
K.Snyder

Age...

Post by K.Snyder »

theia;1286142 wrote: what is it? Is it the number of years our bodies have been alive? Is it more to do with mental attitude? Is it merely illusory, or a social construction, or a belief?

I'm just wondering...

I've come to the conclusion that if the Universe has a divine limit then age is truly age. If there is no divine limit to the Universe then age is meaningless and that what everyone then observes isn't death but a mere change in appearance.

Firstly, "time" can only be observed by "motion". "Motion" can only be observed in respect to a background object(The background object does not need to be fixated because calculation of "speed" can be varied in order to define "motion" - All that could be understood is in the direction one is moving as defined by the relevent context of "motion"(Obviously this would then have to be dictated by a third object which is where we're at now!:yh_wink)

That third object would ultimately have to either be defined as the "boundary of space" or simply enough a third object. The difference being that the third object would only define the entire event as being "motion can only be relative to the other objects".

You find the limit to space and you've found "age". Anything else, by default, has to be considered "faith". Doesn't have to be religious. Can be scientific. It's all a matter of preference as far as I'm concerned.

Me? "Age" doesn't exist
K.Snyder

Age...

Post by K.Snyder »

Oh sorry! I should have elaborated.

The third object serves to be one's "choice". It all defines the very idea that "one is as old as they allow themselves to be!"

I know it to be absolutely true!
ZAP

Age...

Post by ZAP »

K.Snyder;1286780 wrote: Oh sorry! I should have elaborated.

The third object serves to be one's "choice". It all defines the very idea that "one is as old as they allow themselves to be!"

I like that!
AussiePam

Age...

Post by AussiePam »

:yh_rotfl

Do Bridget Jones style knickers have a divine limit, one wonders?
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Odie

Age...

Post by Odie »

Omni_Skittles;1286759 wrote: aging to me is presents and a reason to ask for something too expensive... like skydiving!!!

spoiled brat!:yh_rotfl
Elone

Age...

Post by Elone »

theia;1286142 wrote: what is it? Is it the number of years our bodies have been alive? Is it more to do with mental attitude? Is it merely illusory, or a social construction, or a belief?

I'm just wondering...

It is the mind. The physical body is only there as a host for the intellect to exist. The body has no choice but to go through the aging process, one step at a time, being regenerated every seven years or so, as all of the body’s cells are replaced…each time a little more defective than the previous one. The mind however has power! It has control! It can identify itself with the body and its defects that start showing up after reaching its prime in the twenties or thirties…or it can view itself as a separate entity and stay 18 or 20 or whatever it wants, within reason of course.

You are only as old as you feel. I am 60. I allowed myself to be an old man for five years… believe me it is over rated. I gained an extra 20 lbs, my blood pressure started to go up, I developed asthma, I lacked energy, my physical strength was disappearing faster than I could ever imagine, everything was a challenge to start and finish. I felt old, I looked old and I was treated old according to society. People a few years younger than me would offer to help me open doors if I was carrying something or sometimes even offer to carry it. I decided being old was over rated and went to the gym. I lost 15 lbs of that fat, got my muscle tone back, got my strength back, completely changed my diet to whole foods, and to my surprise the aches and pains are gone. My physical body no longer suffers from asthma or high blood pressure and I am no longer in pain before I go to the chiropractor. My birth certificate may say I am 60 (in March), but by letting my mind do the driving I feel and act the same as I did in my early 40’s and I feel awesome because of it. :driving:
K.Snyder

Age...

Post by K.Snyder »

AussiePam;1286983 wrote: :yh_rotfl

Tisn't the knickers but the space around them that defines them,..or more quintessentially those willing to wear "Bridget Jones style knickers".
K.Snyder

Age...

Post by K.Snyder »

Elone;1287253 wrote: It is the mind. The physical body is only there as a host for the intellect to exist. The body has no choice but to go through the aging process, one step at a time, being regenerated every seven years or so, as all of the body’s cells are replaced…each time a little more defective than the previous one. The mind however has power! It has control! It can identify itself with the body and its defects that start showing up after reaching its prime in the twenties or thirties…or it can view itself as a separate entity and stay 18 or 20 or whatever it wants, within reason of course. This brings about :thinking:,..let's call it "action potential":wah::yh_wink,..where my philosophical side of me simply cannot let this assertion go unchallenged! The assertion being "biofeedback"!

I'm not talking about one's inability to ignore the constant bombardment one receives from their body's dire need to exercise! I'm talking about instances similar to somebody training themselves to withstand freezing temperatures to avoid hypothermia! The implications of what's to find, I think, can be very invigorating!

One disagreement, pertaining to this quote specifically, is that I do not separate the mind from the body. It's a divine truth I have the luxury in observing that the body is the mind! The more I read about physiology the more proof I gather...

Elone;1287253 wrote:

You are only as old as you feel. I am 60. I allowed myself to be an old man for five years… believe me it is over rated. I gained an extra 20 lbs, my blood pressure started to go up, I developed asthma, I lacked energy, my physical strength was disappearing faster than I could ever imagine, everything was a challenge to start and finish. I felt old, I looked old and I was treated old according to society. People a few years younger than me would offer to help me open doors if I was carrying something or sometimes even offer to carry it. I decided being old was over rated and went to the gym. I lost 15 lbs of that fat, got my muscle tone back, got my strength back, completely changed my diet to whole foods, and to my surprise the aches and pains are gone. My physical body no longer suffers from asthma or high blood pressure and I am no longer in pain before I go to the chiropractor. My birth certificate may say I am 60 (in March), but by letting my mind do the driving I feel and act the same as I did in my early 40’s and I feel awesome because of it. :driving:It has to be said that this quote is entirely relative. One who divinely lives to be:thinking: say :thinking: 100 finds 60 to be equivalent to the average persons' 48!

You hadn't even begun to think you were "old" at 48 had you!???!?!?

I sure the hell won't!!!!

48's young man!!!!! FFS MAN!!!!!!!

:yh_wink!!!!!!

GETTA-HOLD_UHYA-...SELF_MAN!!!!!!!!!!
theia

Age...

Post by theia »

AussiePam;1286983 wrote: :yh_rotfl

Not M and S knickers, Pammie...they are divine. Instead of two stomachs, (cow like?), I now have one lovely flat tummy :-6
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
theia

Age...

Post by theia »

I feel as if I've sort of trapped myself into believing that both the mind and the body exist when, deep down, I think I think that the mind is all. But then, I live my day to day life as if I'm a mind and a body, so my first belief is cleraly stronger than my second. But, if my second belief is ultimately more true for me, I feel that I should be able to think myself into anything I want...the problem being, I don't know what I want or what to think myself into :thinking:
Elone

Age...

Post by Elone »

K.Snyder;1287267 wrote:

One disagreement, pertaining to this quote specifically, is that I do not separate the mind from the body. It's a divine truth I have the luxury in observing that the body is the mind! The more I read about physiology the more proof I gather...

You hadn't even begun to think you were "old" at 48 had you!???!?!?

I put a lot of really hard miles on this body during those 50 years. As a residential carpenter I was continually carrying and lifting heavy loads. And I didn't always eat the best food. My mind didn't think it was old, but my body had a very different assessment of the situation.

Ah! But the mind is bound to the body by choice! I have known people who were terminally ill and the only thing keeping the mind attached to the body was an upcoming event such as seeing their first grandchild born or a child’s wedding, etc. Once the event occurred the bond was broken shortly thereafter.

And I have known young girls who were molested when they were young and their mind adapted defensively by having the body gain a tremendous amount of weight in order to look less appealing, in an effort to stave off another attack. Look at Oprah and Roseanne, they both gained weight for this reason and every diet they tried failed. Once the mind was able to accept that the event did not define them, they were able to modify their BMI.

I agree that the body and mind seem inseparable. But I think it is because the mind’s ability to perceive is limited in this 4-D existence
K.Snyder

Age...

Post by K.Snyder »

Elone;1287328 wrote: I put a lot of really hard miles on this body during those 50 years. As a residential carpenter I was continually carrying and lifting heavy loads. And I didn't always eat the best food. My mind didn't think it was old, but my body had a very different assessment of the situation.

Ah! But the mind is bound to the body by choice! I have known people who were terminally ill and the only thing keeping the mind attached to the body was an upcoming event such as seeing their first grandchild born or a child’s wedding, etc. Once the event occurred the bond was broken shortly thereafter. "keeping the mind attached to the body" defines the mind as the effector and argues in favor of what I'd said...One couldn't possibly live longer than their body will allow. This is proven by the fact no one can live forever. The body being the mind gives credence to the very definition of "death". I've proof, you've philosophy. I absolutely LOVE philosophy but I LOVE truth more!

Elone;1287328 wrote:

And I have known young girls who were molested when they were young and their mind adapted defensively by having the body gain a tremendous amount of weight in order to look less appealing, in an effort to stave off another attack. Look at Oprah and Roseanne, they both gained weight for this reason and every diet they tried failed. Once the mind was able to accept that the event did not define them, they were able to modify their BMI.

I agree that the body and mind seem inseparable. But I think it is because the mind’s ability to perceive is limited in this 4-D existence

Hormones have the following effects on the body:

* stimulation or inhibition of growth

* mood swings

* induction or suppression of apoptosis (programmed cell death)

* activation or inhibition of the immune system

* regulation of metabolism

* preparation of the body for mating, fighting, fleeing, and other activity

* preparation of the body for a new phase of life, such as puberty, parenting,

and menopause

* control of the reproductive cycle

* hunger cravings

A hormone may also regulate the production and release of other hormones. Hormone signals control the internal environment of the body through homeostasis.Hormone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homeostasis - is the property of a system, either open or closed, that regulates its internal environment and tends to maintain a stable, constant condition. Typically used to refer to a living organism, the concept came from that of milieu interieur that was created by Claude Bernard and published in 1865. Multiple dynamic equilibria adjustment and regulation mechanisms make homeostasis possible.Homeostasis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The mind serves as a mere interpreter...This, in my mind, is considered a "gift clause" and insinuates a lack of need other than for simple perception. It's easy to confuse an interpretation with an origin, all one need do is want what they don't need

Return to “Philosophy”