Judgmentalism

buttercup

Judgmentalism

Post by buttercup »

Human nature. Next? ;)
Lon

Judgmentalism

Post by Lon »

Ian;1281010 wrote: Why forever we judge?

I can give you so many examples but I know you know what I mean?

why oh why do we do this?

I make judgement about a number of posters here on FG on the basis of reading their posts and replies. Let me say however, that I would probably be wrong in most cases. Meeting and talking to someone in person (where we also make judgement) gives us different input then just reading their writings.
Lon

Judgmentalism

Post by Lon »

Ian;1281044 wrote: Yes Lon, I've noticed your opinions on certain topics, judgmental maybe but with some wisdom, it's hard to separate the two as a matter of experience in someones life, we have to compare cultures and ways of life i suppose,

What drives these first impressions? and do we judge people really by our own standards?

is it impossible to be otherwise:-3

I am pretty sure that I do not judge people (one's I know in person) by my own standards. I am not Gay, but have a number of Gay & Lesbian friends and I judge them not. I am not religious, but have good friends that are quite devout, and I judge them not. Same with politics and ethnicity. If a person in any of the foregoing was an abusive, obnoxious, totally impolite individual I would avoid them, but other than that, I feel that they have something to contribute to my interest and knowledge bank.
Lon

Judgmentalism

Post by Lon »

Ian;1281079 wrote: What of those who judge you?

it is a strong individual who does not judge ignorance,

In my life I reflect all those I meet, just like a mirror, it's difficult for me to do otherwise, I guess I judge those who hurt others.

I am a person that wants to be well liked even by those that I dislike, however I don't loose any sleep or worry about those that I feel view me harshly, as some on this Forum have done in the past. If I like that person that may view me harshly, I will set about, by action deed or word to change their opinion.
AussiePam

Judgmentalism

Post by AussiePam »

Judgmental has gained some perjorative connotations .. like applying our own moral and cultural values inappropriately. But we all do make judgments all the time, weigh things up, distinguish between things. It's human.

Making wise judgments - discernment - is a virtue worth striving for.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

ProfessionalMoron

Judgmentalism

Post by ProfessionalMoron »

Necessity.
Raven

Judgmentalism

Post by Raven »

Because it is human nature to do so. Animals judge as well. It's down to survival instinct, and making sure you dont end up in a dinosaur dinner.
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~

Return to “Philosophy”