Why do we blame Lenin and Stalin for the gulags?

joona

Post by joona »

Why do so many people hate Lenin and Stalin because of the Gulags? After all, they only ordered capitalists and their supporters in the Gulags, and capitalists aren't human beings, just parasites.

Shouldn't we honor Lenin and Stalin for their efforts on cleaning the earth from capitalism instead of hating them?
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Stalin killed +20 million. (that is the low estimate, high estimate is 45 million)

They were not all capitalists. They were people.

When I think of something nice to say about Stalin, I'll let you know.
Lon

Post by Lon »

joona;1230894 wrote: Why do so many people hate Lenin and Stalin because of the Gulags? After all, they only ordered capitalists and their supporters in the Gulags, and capitalists aren't human beings, just parasites.

Shouldn't we honor Lenin and Stalin for their efforts on cleaning the earth from capitalism instead of hating them?

You need to do some history. The Gulags had little to do with why some hated Stalin and Lenin, besides, the earth has hardly been cleansed of capitalism, it's alive and well and even beginning to flourish in China of all places.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

joona;1230894 wrote: Why do so many people hate Lenin and Stalin because of the Gulags? After all, they only ordered capitalists and their supporters in the Gulags, and capitalists aren't human beings, just parasites.

What planet you from?:confused:
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

What Paul Gregory is Writing About: Did Stalin Poison Lenin?

Not sure about lenin, but stalin was pretty much an all around bad egg.:thinking:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Lon

Post by Lon »

flopstock;1230969 wrote: What Paul Gregory is Writing about: Did Stalin Poison Lenin?

Not sure about lenin, but stalin was pretty much an all around bad egg.:thinking:

Stalin did not poison Lenin. After surviving a couple of assassination attempts he died after a series of strokes that left him incapacitated------age 53.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Lon;1230972 wrote: Stalin did not poison Lenin. After surviving a couple of assassination attempts he died after a series of strokes that left him incapacitated------age 53.

Incidentally he warned the party as to what kind of man stalin was, despite being the one who promoted him he had begun to realise what manner of man stalin was. what happened under stalin was not communism but perhaps where it was always going to lead. You really need to read some history
joona

Post by joona »

hoppy;1230931 wrote: What planet you from?:confused:

The same one you are from.

From the tone of your post I gather that you do not appreciate my viewpoint. Why is this so? Capitalism is evil and must be destroyed! Lenin and Stalin did the right thing by putting the capitalists and their supporters in the gulags; They are not humans but parasites!
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

joona;1230996 wrote: Capitalism is evil and must be destroyed!
Why? In what way is capitalism evil?

Yes, I know he's a swizzle stick, but I'm interested in how vested he is in his own game.
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

Attached files
luciferjohn

Post by luciferjohn »

joona;1230996 wrote: The same one you are from.

From the tone of your post I gather that you do not appreciate my viewpoint. Why is this so? Capitalism is evil and must be destroyed! Lenin and Stalin did the right thing by putting the capitalists and their supporters in the gulags; They are not humans but parasites!

do you live in a house?

do you have a computer?

do youdrive a car or own a bicycle?

do you wear clothes?

do you have a job?

do you wear jewlry?

all these things where created for the love of money, a.k.a. capitalism(for the most part) if you work and pay for these things you my friend are a capitalist of the most basic nature, capitalism from what i understand is the driving force behind the idea, earn what you, can keep what you can, (keep in mind im speaking in the simplest form possible)everyone through out history who has wanted to work for "the good life" is a capitalist of sorts, so you sir would be as well to, if im wrong on my thoughts please let me know:D
:driving:lookout smart guy talkin:guitarist:yh_devil:yh_ghost:

Return to “Philosophy”