Does the World Revolve Around Me...

along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

.......and My perception of it?

Think about it.

I become aware of the world by what I view, read, touch, hear, taste.

I live on this earth and look out from my eyes and listen with my ears and think with my brain and taste with my mouth. My life is my own experience as it relates to the world at large.

Our world revolves around each of us. We are the center. How we present and extend ourselves to others and how we take care of our world to make it a better place.....these are what others notice about us.

I posted this thread as this has been on my mind for sometime and I just wanted to express myself here. I do not claim in any way to be a philosopher in coberst's league.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Kindle

Post by Kindle »

There's a wonderful tee-shirt out there that reads:

It's all about ME!

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

along-for-the-ride;1195325 wrote: .......and My perception of it?

Think about it.

I live on this earth and look out from my eyes and listen with my ears and think with my brain and taste with my mouth. My life is my own experience as it relates to the world at large.

Our world revolves around each of us. We are the center. How we present and extend ourselves to others and how we take care of our world to make it a better place.....these are what others notice about us.

I posted this thread as this has been on my mind for sometime and I just wanted to express myself here. I do not claim in any way to be a philosopher in coberst's league.

Yes, I believe that to a certain extent. Whatever we expect to get, we get, so we need to aim high all the time.

Someone very frankly told me to stop attracting all the **** to me recently, he was right, it was time to stop allowing the **** in and aim for better. It's happening, everything is getting better and better. :-6
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Think about it.

I have often thought along these lines,, and also others,, when i notice some people who are in my opinion ,, in a totally diifferent league to me ,, either an actress,, a surgeon,, or a homeless person ,, i always think wow they must live in a totally doferent world to me all their life! we all sort of live in our own world,, one of our own making:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

If you aim for the stars you will at least get the moon.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
minks

Post by minks »

Betty Boop;1195377 wrote: Yes, I believe that to a certain extent. Whatever we expect to get, we get, so we need to aim high all the time.

Someone very frankly told me to stop attracting all the **** to me recently, he was right, it was time to stop allowing the **** in and aim for better. It's happening, everything is getting better and better. :-6

there in my mind is the key word.... our world is what we allow it to be. You are right Boops aim high, you are worth it.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Thanks for your replies. :)

I was hestant to post this because I didn't want folks to think I have a big ego that needs to be nurtured. :wah:

I think most of us do have these thoughts from time to time.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Odie

Post by Odie »

sometimes......you really don't get what you want or need in life.

we can really only do so much......

It's impossibility for all of us reach for the stars......

I knew years ago I could never be what I wanted to be, a veterinarian.

I could have never known that my previous marriage fell apart several weeks ago.......and there was nothing I could have done about it.

I have however been blessed with so much in life.:-4

does the world revolve around me?........absolutely not.
Life is just to short for drama.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Think about it.

I have had those very thoughts since I was a child. People I tried to explain it to just put it down to ego and arogance but it isnt at all. Its just a perception of how we view ourselves against the vastness of it all and how we fit in along with other people. I'm sure there are philosophers who can explain it better than I can imagine it.

I also wondered as a child whether everything in the universe would suddenly cease to exist once I no longer existed. There would be no use for it once my lights were turned off.

I've never really been able to explain fully to peoples satisfaction exactly what I mean about this perception I grew up with but I'm glad that others do too :D

It means I'm not quite the mad egotist I thought I was
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Last time I checked it was revolving around me. :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Return to “Philosophy”