Is it possible to directly alter subconscious thought patterns?

Hamster

Post by Hamster »

I know you can use subliminal methods to alter subconscious thought patterns. You can also consciously form a belief by repeating some thoughts daily for at least 30 days when it it transferred to the subconscious mind.

Leaving out hypnotism (does this really work anyway?) is there any faster/more direct way to affect subconscious thought patterns or beliefs?
Challenges are opportunities in work clothes.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Hamster;1150230 wrote: I know you can use subliminal methods to alter subconscious thought patterns. You can also consciously form a belief by repeating some thoughts daily for at least 30 days when it it transferred to the subconscious mind.

Leaving out hypnotism (does this really work anyway?) is there any faster/more direct way to affect subconscious thought patterns or beliefs? Sorry, what did you say? ...... I was miles away :yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Hamster

Post by Hamster »

oscar;1150232 wrote: Sorry, what did you say? ...... I was miles away :yh_rotfl

Oh what a shock to see a reply from you here :rolleyes:

Doubly shocking it is off topic and pointless :rolleyes:

"Post Whore

A post whore is somebody who posts mostly meaningless messages consisting of one word or just emoticons. They have an unsaid ability to magically appear in any thread at any given time to add crucial arguements to the debate at hand. These said crucial arguements include ground-breaking conjectures such as "what," "oh," or a curiously little smilie who is blue, and yet neither happy nor sad."

I know what you are as I used to be one Oscar. Can I have some serious answers to this thread? Do you have anything on topic to add?
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Hamster;1150822 wrote: Oh what a shock to see a reply from you here :rolleyes:

Doubly shocking it is off topic and pointless :rolleyes:

"Post Whore

A post whore is somebody who posts mostly meaningless messages consisting of one word or just emoticons. They have an unsaid ability to magically appear in any thread at any given time to add crucial arguements to the debate at hand. These said crucial arguements include ground-breaking conjectures such as "what," "oh," or a curiously little smilie who is blue, and yet neither happy nor sad."

I know what you are as I used to be one Oscar. Can I have some serious answers to this thread? Do you have anything on topic to add? I thought i'd put a post as your thread has been kicking around for several days now and you didn't have any replies :):)
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Hamster

Post by Hamster »

oscar;1150929 wrote: I thought i'd put a post as your thread has been kicking around for several days now and you didn't have any replies :):)

What ARE you talking about? You answered with your off topic reply less than a minute after I posted the thread..which was yesterday.

Several days? Philosophy threads don't get replies like your general crap does. It takes a while to think of an intelligent response.

Are you the bump police then? Here to make sure my thread gets seen? Oh how kind of you :rolleyes:

Post whore...like I said.
theia

Post by theia »

Hamster;1150230 wrote: I know you can use subliminal methods to alter subconscious thought patterns. You can also consciously form a belief by repeating some thoughts daily for at least 30 days when it it transferred to the subconscious mind.

Leaving out hypnotism (does this really work anyway?) is there any faster/more direct way to affect subconscious thought patterns or beliefs?

I'm finding that my subconscious thought patterns just seem to creep into my awareness, at their own pace, sometimes taking years. And it's only then that I can (if I choose) try to change them. But I can be amazed at my own stubbornness in keeping them even when they don't help me.

I found a fitting quotation the other day, from Einstein...his definition of insanity...repeating the same behaviour over and over again and expecting the result to be different. That's me!
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

theia;1151226 wrote: I'm finding that my subconscious thought patterns just seem to creep into my awareness, at their own pace, sometimes taking years. And it's only then that I can (if I choose) try to change them.

But I can be amazed at my own stubbornness in keeping them even when they don't help me.

I found a fitting quotation the other day, from Einstein...his definition of insanity...repeating the same behaviour over and over again and expecting the result to be different. That's me!

People are a funny breed huh.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Hamster

Post by Hamster »

theia;1151226 wrote: I'm finding that my subconscious thought patterns just seem to creep into my awareness, at their own pace, sometimes taking years. And it's only then that I can (if I choose) try to change them. But I can be amazed at my own stubbornness in keeping them even when they don't help me.

Mine are surfacing now too, but also I find even when I do not want to acknowledge them I do not deal with them. Or I should say I didn't used to deal with them...I am slowly doing now. The reason for this thread is to find a faster way maybe.

Stubborness in keeping them.. I find mine are sometimes used like a security blanket and I am loathed to let go of them even when I can see the damage they are doing.

Return to “Philosophy”