Animals Vote 100% Anti-Capitalism?

coberst

Post by coberst »

Animals Vote 100% Anti-capitalism?

If the animals of the world could vote would they vote for capitalism? Is this a trivial question?
bigdaddy

Post by bigdaddy »

Animals would vote for capitalism, since that is analagous to what is present in nature today. Survival of the fittest, and the strongest takes the majority of resources.
Ruth

Post by Ruth »

No, they would have a communist revolution, only to discover that all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others.:)
coberst

Post by coberst »

I ask this question because I think it is important for the population to focus upon the logic of Capitalism.

The Market is the altar upon which Capitalism worships. It is the Market, an object, which is the policy maker for most of our decisions regarding social policy. The Market determines social values based upon the expression of the buyers and sellers in the Market. One might ask is there any better way to determine the wants and desires of the people.

I think that the Market has proven to be an efficient means for determining (estimating) the desires of the people. The Market is also an efficient means for determining (manipulating the desires of the people through commercial and societal propaganda) the desires of the people.

If we do not become conscious of all aspects of the matter we cannot act as responsible stewards of our legacy. It seems to me that if we follow the logic (the principles) of Capitalism we will quickly discover that these principles lead us to destroy our planet through thoughtless over consumption of its bounties. There is some tipping point where the earth can no longer heal it self from the virus of our over consumption of its resources.

I do not know the solution but I am convinced that a population either running with the herd or standing about staring into the distance is a catalyst for the earth’s destruction.
bigdaddy

Post by bigdaddy »

Well, since the original question was about animals and the economic system they would want, they don't have markets to deal with.

Supply and demand.

Nature gives the supply, their stomachs controls the demand.

Now, you have to take into account the food chain, and the predators that are at the top of it-small number ratio of predator to prey.

I would rather be a predator, and have a better chance of survival.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

The earth will always be here. Whatever harm we do will heal.

If a farmer grows a single crop on the same plot year after year, eventually he will sap the land of the nutrients that crop needs. The crop will not grow, but the land will still be there. Let the land lay fallow for awhile; other weeds will grow there and eventually the missing nutrients will be restored. it will be able to sustain the crop again. The farmer can plant seed again. The earth is no different.

We can continue doing as we please until the earth will not support us anymore. We will not grow. The earth will lay fallow for awhile and heal. It will be able to sustain us again. Unfortunately, we don't grow from seed so we won't be around to 'replant'.

It's not that we will kill the poor defenseless earth, but that we're not budgeting our resources. Remember that the people in charge are business people. If we truly want businesses and gov't to change how we use the earth, we need to change our language to something they'll relate to.
coberst

Post by coberst »

The point I am trying to make is that all non human animals if they had the power to reason and vote would throw humans overboard because humans are destroying the beautiful and wonderful planet with their selfish and undisciplined behavior.

It seems to me that we spend our legacy like a bunch of drunken sailors unconcerned about future generations or the welfare of other creatures that share this earth with humans.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

coberst wrote: The point I am trying to make is that all non human animals if they had the power to reason and vote would throw humans overboard because humans are destroying the beautiful and wonderful planet with their selfish and undisciplined behavior.

It seems to me that we spend our legacy like a bunch of drunken sailors unconcerned about future generations or the welfare of other creatures that share this earth with humans.
If animals could reason there is no predicting how they would vote, but I follow your point.

But before you carry the analogy too far, remember that if we didn't have hunting seasons, such as for deer, these unselfish & disciplined animals would multiply beyond their food supply, then starve. :-2 Gee, they seem almost human.
coberst

Post by coberst »

It seems to me that the most obvious evidence as to the error in the Intelligent Design idea is that no entity capable of creating this beautiful earth would have added the one and only blemish, which is the human species.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

'kay :-3
Tigersmeow

Post by Tigersmeow »

Accountable wrote: If animals could reason there is no predicting how they would vote, but I follow your point.

But before you carry the analogy too far, remember that if we didn't have hunting seasons, such as for deer, these unselfish & disciplined animals would multiply beyond their food supply, then starve. :-2 Gee, they seem almost human.

One of the most beautiful sites that a person can see, is the wildlife in their own habitat. Unfortunately, with the increase in human population and the need to spread into unspoiled land, wildlife species and their habitats are in jeopardy of becoming extinct. It may not be tomorrow, but it certainly could be within the next one hundred years. More attention needs to be focused on our wildlife because if humans continue to take land away from the wildlife, there will be no more wildlife to see, admire or hunt. So many different types of wildlife are forced to relocate or are killed due to the destruction of their homes and their environment. Many options are acceptable and attainable so that the lives of wildlife are not threatened, destroyed or harmed. Humans can prevent the further loss of wildlife species and their habitats where they reside, if humans can control their own populations from spreading into the domain of the wild.

Not only are wildlife species important for their own well being, but they are also important to the environment. Deer graze about the open ranges and humans and other wildlife consume the deer. If there were no place to graze, the deer would die off and the other species that depended on deer would be in jeopardy.

We depend on wildlife as much as they depend on us. But humans do not hold up their end of the deal. There are many solutions to resolving the further loss of our wildlife species and their habitats. The problem is having 100% of the human population agreeing to do their part. If we can make sure that everyone is aware of the situation, then at least we have taken the first step to saving wildlife species and the land in which they reside and call home.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

I'm originally from the rural South, where deer overmultiply & have to be culled, so it's hard for me to relate, Tiger.

When I was in northern California, a family of burrowing owls made a nest in a culvert under our driveway at work. We were prevented from mowing there because they were an endangered species.

I didn't mind; it was my job to keep the grass mowed. :D Also, it was really cool to watch the little hatchlings grow up. But if I had mowed there, the birds would simply have gone elsewhere; they showed themselves to be very adaptable.

I guess my point is that whoever it is that designates endangered species sometimes seems to go overboard.

Return to “Philosophy”