All canadians

A forum to discuss local issues in Canada.
white_rose

All canadians

Post by white_rose »

minks wrote: OH my I have family in Saanich how cool I love the island...
Hi minks, yes indeed Saanich is a very nice place to live. The only trouble I had, was getting use to their winters. Very damp, it seemed no matter how many coats I wore, the dampness went right throught. There's also almost no snow, and I do love snow to some degree.

While there we had gone to the water front in Victoria one evening while there was a huge storm........all I can say. Hang on to your hats and there's no way anyone can fall down, as the winds will keep you off the ground. We held on to my kids for dear life and then had fun leaning against the wind and not falling. Trees were tossed about like toothpicks. It was something to see.
jana fraser

All canadians

Post by jana fraser »

Hello fellow Canadians. I'm from Elora.....Ontario. Quaint little village, rustic and almost looks like from a bygone era. Has anyone seen An American Christmas Carol with Henry Winkler? I believe it was filmed in Elora, gives you an idea.
Delilah

All canadians

Post by Delilah »

Hello all..I'm in Wisconsin, USA but only moved here two years ago, spent most of my life in Ontario, Canada. Lived in Whitby (which is about half hour outside Toronto), Kingston, London and a small small town outside of Peterborough called Keene that is on Rice Lake. :)

I miss my home in native land!
Delilah

All canadians

Post by Delilah »

LT flora;28752 wrote: how is the canadain army doing

Oh I spoke to our army the other day, the one mountee named Bob. He's quite well, and sends his regrets that he can't come visit..Mel Lastman in toronto has called him and his trusted steed to help plow his driveway.
Delilah

All canadians

Post by Delilah »

Haha..I was just reading backwards in the pages, and someone said they were from Kensington Market area.

Kensington Market scares the absolute crap out of me. I went there on a field trip in elementary school, and as we were walking down the sidewalks of the Market, I saw a sign on the sidewalk in front of a vendor that read..."Blood For Sale"..:-2
minks

All canadians

Post by minks »

Delilah;512105 wrote: Haha..I was just reading backwards in the pages, and someone said they were from Kensington Market area.

Kensington Market scares the absolute crap out of me. I went there on a field trip in elementary school, and as we were walking down the sidewalks of the Market, I saw a sign on the sidewalk in front of a vendor that read..."Blood For Sale"..:-2

Oh Deli I hope they didn't come after you
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Delilah

All canadians

Post by Delilah »

minks;513295 wrote: Oh Deli I hope they didn't come after you

:wah: No, but I had nightmares for about a month that there were Vampires living in Toronto.
YZGI

All canadians

Post by YZGI »

If all the Canadians would please step outside at the same time and take a super deep breath, Maybe this Canadian arctic cold front that hit here today could be sucked back up into Canada. I will do what I can to see that all the Middle Americans go outside and blow. Fair enough?
spot

All canadians

Post by spot »

Diuretic;513630 wrote: I'm not Canadian but I do like Canada

I like the Kensington Market area as well - and I thought I lived in a multi-cultural country - hah! But in T.O my favourite area is St Lawrence Market and the Distillery district (I know it's a bit hokey but I love having a beer at the Jersey Giant on Front).

I'm finding it odd that the Kensington Market area might be thought of as unfriendly too. I stayed a while in Parkdale a couple of years ago and walked through the Market streets several times before and after dark, going to the University and back. My legs went numb from the cold but other than that it was well worth exploring.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Delilah

All canadians

Post by Delilah »

I didn't think it was "unfriendly"...but I was about 11 years old or something, saw blood was for sale and you know how a child's immagination can progress from there. :wah:
scarface_mtl

All canadians

Post by scarface_mtl »

eh, I live in an igloo down by a dirt road and drink molson's beer.

New to forums figured I post in the Canada section but I hesitated seeing as it's had very little action.

From Montreal originally. Living close to Edmonton Alberta now. Looking to get out - maybe the us, vancouver or back home.
minks

All canadians

Post by minks »

scarface_mtl;639755 wrote: eh, I live in an igloo down by a dirt road and drink molson's beer.

New to forums figured I post in the Canada section but I hesitated seeing as it's had very little action.

From Montreal originally. Living close to Edmonton Alberta now. Looking to get out - maybe the us, vancouver or back home.

Hey Welcome fellow Canuck, from your part of the woods kind of sort of, Calgary here. Yep good idea run fast run far away from Edmonton. What you looking for, and why leaving the Chuck?

Tell us more about yourself, go on into introductions and start your own thread, post freely and have fun, if you have any questions go ahead and ask. If ya need help in any way shape of form just ask

Have fun.

Cheers

M

― Mae West
mikeinie

All canadians

Post by mikeinie »

Born and raised in Toronto.

Drove to the East Coast through Quebec to New Brunswick and onto Nova Scotia and did the Cabot Trail. :driving:

Drove from Toronto to Moose Jaw Saskatchewan, partied in Saskatoon :guitarist

Took a bus from Toronto to Calgary stayed for a few days, took the train to visited Banff and stayed for 3 months working here and there including the Banff Springs Hotel.

Move on to Vancouver for two months (stayed for 2 years) did all sorts of stuff.

Went over to Vancouver Island and worked my way around some small towns.

Made my way home.:cool:

Then moved to Ireland where I always tell people, ‘no, don’t go to New York…Go somewhere in Canada’.

:)
mikeinie

All canadians

Post by mikeinie »

Oh Ya completely forgot…on the way back from Nova Scotia, we drove across the bridge to Prince Edward Island, drove around the island (not a hard thing to do), set up camp, and found a beach party that was taking place. We went down and introduced ourselves to the locals, and they made us very welcome. We partied almost all night on that beautiful red sandy beach with a huge bon fire going. :guitarist

Special greeting to the wonderful people of PEI and to RCMP office ‘Rickie’ who broke up that party. :)
mikeinie

All canadians

Post by mikeinie »

While living in Vancouver I worked for a company that was having a conference in Winnipeg Manitoba. It was January, and the winter in Vancouver was very mild that year, so a group of us got on the plane to Winnipeg dresses, well, more for a Vancouver type of winter.

We got off the plane in Winnipeg and it was -37, the hair inside my nose froze!! Had a great time! Partied for a couple of days. I remember going out for a short walk and the 4ft snow banks, the freezing cold air, and ground making that crunching sound under my feet.
minks

All canadians

Post by minks »

mikeinie;663040 wrote: Born and raised in Toronto.

Drove to the East Coast through Quebec to New Brunswick and onto Nova Scotia and did the Cabot Trail. :driving:

Drove from Toronto to Moose Jaw Saskatchewan, partied in Saskatoon :guitarist

Took a bus from Toronto to Calgary stayed for a few days, took the train to visited Banff and stayed for 3 months working here and there including the Banff Springs Hotel.

Move on to Vancouver for two months (stayed for 2 years) did all sorts of stuff.

Went over to Vancouver Island and worked my way around some small towns.

Made my way home.:cool:

Then moved to Ireland where I always tell people, ‘no, don’t go to New York…Go somewhere in Canada’.

:)

good thing you didn't stay long in Saskatchewan ahahahahaha

Well how fun was all that travel. What was your fave part of Canada during all your travels. How did you like Calgary, what time of the year were you breezeing through there?

― Mae West
Pheasy

All canadians

Post by Pheasy »

I lived in Canada for a while as a child - does that count. Guess not...:o
minks

All canadians

Post by minks »

ThePheasant;663352 wrote: I lived in Canada for a while as a child - does that count. Guess not...:o

where abouts?

― Mae West
Pheasy

All canadians

Post by Pheasy »

minks;663355 wrote: where abouts?

Bolton, Ontario - lived there for about 6 months - went to school at Palgrave just north of Bolton. I get every me :wah:

Here is mapquest link (not sure if it will work)...

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?se ... n&zipcode=
minks

All canadians

Post by minks »

ThePheasant;663358 wrote: Bolton, Ontario - lived there for about 6 months - went to school at Palgrave just north of Bolton. I get every me :wah:

Here is mapquest link (not sure if it will work)...

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?se ... n&zipcode=

ahh just a few provinces east of me :D

― Mae West
Pheasy

All canadians

Post by Pheasy »

minks;663361 wrote: ahh just a few provinces east of me :D

Almost neighbours then :wah::wah:
minks

All canadians

Post by minks »

ThePheasant;663363 wrote: Almost neighbours then :wah::wah:

ahahaha stones throw away.... riiiiight ahahahaha

― Mae West
mikeinie

All canadians

Post by mikeinie »

I was just having a look around and I have to say sorry Minks, I never saw your reply to my post, or answered your question.

I think Calgary is great, what I love is when you go up to the top of the Calgary Tower, and look out one side you can see for miles the prairies stretch out in front of you. Then you walk to the other side of the building and look out and the Rockie Mountains are rising straight up out of the ground. It is awesome.

The whole West Coast experience from Calgary through the mountains to Banff, Lake Louis, Jasper and on to Vancouver is fantastic. I am going to bring my family there one day and do that drive with them. It is a must see in life.

I would have to saw that Nova Scotia also was a favourite. Driving the Cabot Trail is fabulous.
minks

All canadians

Post by minks »

mikeinie;686489 wrote: I was just having a look around and I have to say sorry Minks, I never saw your reply to my post, or answered your question.

I think Calgary is great, what I love is when you go up to the top of the Calgary Tower, and look out one side you can see for miles the prairies stretch out in front of you. Then you walk to the other side of the building and look out and the Rockie Mountains are rising straight up out of the ground. It is awesome.

The whole West Coast experience from Calgary through the mountains to Banff, Lake Louis, Jasper and on to Vancouver is fantastic. I am going to bring my family there one day and do that drive with them. It is a must see in life.

I would have to saw that Nova Scotia also was a favourite. Driving the Cabot Trail is fabulous.

be sure to let me know when you come to Calgary, there is sooooo much to this place, ooooo did you get to the Badlands.

By the way our member Fisher is from Nova Scotia :)

Glad you enjoyed Calgary.

― Mae West
Kathy Ellen

All canadians

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Does anyone watch the show Discovery Home. They have this really nice food show host named Robert Raintree on "License to Grill." His cooking is great and makes me want to go outside and grill. Actually, I'd like to be invited to his house for dinner.:wah:
minks

All canadians

Post by minks »

Kathy Ellen;687058 wrote: Does anyone watch the show Discovery Home. They have this really nice food show host named Robert Raintree on "License to Grill." His cooking is great and makes me want to go outside and grill. Actually, I'd like to be invited to his house for dinner.:wah:

is that the colored guy (sorry I don't know what else to call him)

― Mae West
Kathy Ellen

All canadians

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Yes, that's him Mel, but they like to be called African Americans or Black.

I just love his cooking and his style. I'd also like to have his backyard......beautiful pool, 4 grills, outdoor fridge and sink. What could be better for a cook:)

Do you like him?? Do you know where he's from?
minks

All canadians

Post by minks »

Kathy Ellen;687108 wrote: Yes, that's him Mel, but they like to be called African Americans or Black.

I just love his cooking and his style. I'd also like to have his backyard......beautiful pool, 4 grills, outdoor fridge and sink. What could be better for a cook:)

Do you like him?? Do you know where he's from?

yes I really enjoy his show as well, no idea where he is from sadly.

― Mae West
Kathy Ellen

All canadians

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Sorry Mel, His name is Robert Rainford, and he is originally from Jamaica. He's lived in Canada since the age of 3.

I cannot go beyond page 11 of this thread. Are you finding this problem?
minks

All canadians

Post by minks »

Kathy Ellen;687120 wrote: Sorry Mel, His name is Robert Rainford, and he is originally from Jamaica. He's lived in Canada since the age of 3.

I cannot go beyond page 11 of this thread. Are you finding this problem?

yep I suspect page 11 is the last page the other pages are phantom pages.

― Mae West
Daewood

All canadians

Post by Daewood »

I'm from Bruce County-

Ontario-I live 10 minutes from Walkerton, the town made sadly famous for the

e-coli tragedy
moonpie

All canadians

Post by moonpie »

Hi from Vancouver here, (Port Coquitlam) to be precise. How are all you guys, eh?
minks

All canadians

Post by minks »

Daewood;741861 wrote: I'm from Bruce County-

Ontario-I live 10 minutes from Walkerton, the town made sadly famous for the

e-coli tragedy

I remember that how awful that was.

― Mae West
minks

All canadians

Post by minks »

moonpie;741911 wrote: Hi from Vancouver here, (Port Coquitlam) to be precise. How are all you guys, eh?

the Via rail used to stop there (or did many many years ago, that was my only time in port coquitlam and I think I was sleeping hehehehe)

― Mae West
moonpie

All canadians

Post by moonpie »

I heard something really disturbing on the News tonite, and they are saying that for first home buyers in British Columba, that it would take 70% of a couples Annual Income to buy a house. That is terrible! They are also saying it is the highest in Canada. That is quite disturbing. Also, ICBC (car insurance) rates are going up - get this - depending on the area you live in. Meaning, if you live in an area where there are a lot of accidents - then your rates go up - even if you have not had an accident or a ticket. That sucks.
shimmy

All canadians

Post by shimmy »

Hi Fellow CDN's!!!

I am from Ajax, Ont, between Toronto and Oshawa...

:D

Dam snow!!!!!!!:-5
Jerry

All canadians

Post by Jerry »

Love this about Canada..

minks

All canadians

Post by minks »

shimmy;775860 wrote: Hi Fellow CDN's!!!

I am from Ajax, Ont, between Toronto and Oshawa...

:D

Dam snow!!!!!!!:-5

welcome shimmy sorry for the late welcome but I am always late. Always nice to see a fellow canuck on the forum.

Hope you enjoy your stay and post often.

Yo Jerry cool picture and um I hope that isn't all you like about this fair country ahahahaha We have moose too.

― Mae West
shimmy

All canadians

Post by shimmy »

Thanks for the welcomes....:cool:
Luvdawgs

All canadians

Post by Luvdawgs »

Hi Paul!!

Am I allowed to post here since I'm your friend AND a Canadian wannabee? (Insert laughing smilie).

Return to “Canada”