Dreamweaver? XSite? Fusion?

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Something Better?:confused:

I've been looking for site building software for the owner of my company. It's for personal sites.. friends, the dogs, that kind of stuff.

He used GoLive originally, but that was a few years ago and he wasn't that crazy about it... now he's decided to redo all his and his friends sites and is looking for something easier to use..

Any suggestions?:-6

Something VERY user friendly.. WYSIWYG.. NO CODE learning please:p
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

spot

Post by spot »

Incomedia WebSite X5 - Create your web site and online shop in just 5 simple steps

Web Easy 7 Discount, Get 30% Off! Plus, Free Web Hosting & Free Domain Name for WebEasy| Discount Software | Free Domains and Free Hosting

Either's code-free and capable.

It would be sensible to stand back first and decide what's really needed. It's quite likely that a content management package is far more appropriate for the sort of site you're talking about. If logging in and posting new material is better than building extra pages and uploading them and testing them then maybe Joomla! for bells and whistles or simply WordPress › Blog Tool and Publishing Platform with a good template. Both are FOSS, both install on the user website and both are again totally code-free for the end user.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I tried that first link and downloaded the trial... I got confused..wouldn't let me see what I had and wouldn't let me save it.

I found something called personalwebkit first and tried that. It's free, but I didn't see support for it. So, even though it was the simplest thing in the world, I'm afraid to offer it up to him..

I downloaded the dreamweaver trial and Yikes!
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

spot

Post by spot »

Where did we get to? I quite like the Wordpress idea as an alternative because it allows quick additions just by logging on but it might not cover the actual need.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Web Design Art Forum”