This one's for our Veterans

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
valerie

Post by valerie »

Today and always, thank you for your service!

Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

tabby

Post by tabby »

I was happy to see this video this evening, valerie! (even though I'm not a country music fan!!) :guitarist

I'm so glad someone remembered to post a little tribute to our veterans. Activity wise, the day is just another day to me. I don't attend any local memorial services or watch any of the specials on tv and it's so easy to forget what significance the day has for us. Good for you!

Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I appreciate the gesture Val but I'm going to be one of THOSE people that comes into a thread to be disagreeable. I can't stand Toby Keith and I think most of his "America" songs smack of jingoism. That Lee Greenwood song bugs me too.

Sorry.
valerie

Post by valerie »

SnoozeAgain;1410303 wrote: I appreciate the gesture Val but I'm going to be one of THOSE people that comes into a thread to be disagreeable. I can't stand Toby Keith and I think most of his "America" songs smack of jingoism. That Lee Greenwood song bugs me too.

Sorry.

That's okay, Snooze, you're awfully cute in your disagreeable-ness!

:-4

(Jingoism, now THERE'S a word!!)
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Yes, snoozie, thanks for using that word. I'm not sure I ever thought about what it meant before, I see it so infrequently. So, for others like me who didn't know the meaning:

Jingoism is extreme patriotism in the form of aggressive foreign policy. In practice, it is a country's advocation of the use of threats or actual force against other countries in order to safeguard what it perceives as its national interests. Colloquially, it refers to excessive bias in judging one's own country as superior to others—an extreme type of nationalism.

The term originated in Britain, expressing a pugnacious attitude towards Russia in the 1870s, and appeared in the American press by 1895.

Jingoism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

You mean it's not

:D

Thanks, Val! :yh_flag

Return to “Music”