Doing The Manch

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
spot

Doing The Manch

Post by spot »

I was at a local IT gathering all day yesterday and the final hour was devoted to five-minute slots from the floor. When nobody else wanted to come up, and with a spare slot begging, Piers Cawley - one of the previous speakers - came to the front with his mobile phone in hand, started a countdown from five minutes and performed Keith Marsden's "Doing The Manch" word and note perfect, finishing to the second. A bravura performance, a cappella with pleasing vocal clarity.

It's a shaggy dog tale of a pub crawl, it starts outI was eighteen when my dad first took me to a pub,

And I've never, ever seen him quite so mad.

"A pint of your usual, sir" the barman said,

But he was asking me, not Dad.

"Now if surfeiting the appetite will sicken and so die,

I'll not long have a boozer for a son.

They say there's twenty-seven pubs from here to Odsal Top

And tonight we'll have a pint in every one."

Bradford News, Bradford Sport, Leisure,Cars, Jobs and local information from The Telegraph & Argus

and this post is a thank-you to the performer.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snooz

Doing The Manch

Post by Snooz »

spot

Doing The Manch

Post by spot »

Snooze, you oddity, that's a blank post.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snooz

Doing The Manch

Post by Snooz »

Amazing, isn't it? I had no idea I could do that.
spot

Doing The Manch

Post by spot »

Only a cat-lover could want to in the first place.
Snooz

Doing The Manch

Post by Snooz »

Oscar Namechange

Doing The Manch

Post by Oscar Namechange »

SnoozeAgain;1394060 wrote:

I agree
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Doing The Manch

Post by Bruv »

But is the blank post a satirical comment on the opening post.............that is the question.

I am only asking.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

Doing The Manch

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Bruv;1394063 wrote: But is the blank post a satirical comment on the opening post.............that is the question.

I am only asking. It appears the blank post sums up the OP In It's entirety. In fact, I think It's a masterpiece and 'The Blank Post' should be entered for The Turner Prize.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “Music”