Rita Hayworth Is Stayin' Alive

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
tabby

Post by tabby »

I love dancing sequences that have been edited in synch with different music. This one is fun to watch & I never realized what an accomplished dancer Rita Hayworth was until I saw this compilation!
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I think I remember reading that most of the women that wanted to break into the movies back then had dancing backgrounds when they first started out.

Did you know Rita Hayworth had her hairline raised?

Rita Hayworth Hair Electrolysis - Hairline Makeover of the Century
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

This is an easy feat to accomplish with any dancer as most music that is danced to has a similar BPM usually between 80-100 thus it is easy to substitute one song for another
tabby

Post by tabby »

I enjoyed that link! On a visit to New York City in the 1950s, my grandmother and mother saw her coming out of a restaurant and waiting for a taxi. They said the thing about her that first caught their eye was the flaming red hair.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Lucille Ball used to go to the race track in Del Mar (San Diego) and my auntie said her red hair really stood out in the crowd it was so bright. In auntie-speak, she meant it was an unflattering and unnatural color. My auntie was a real pip.

Return to “Music”