Patsy Cline

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
tabby

Patsy Cline

Post by tabby »

A few years ago, I purchased a Patsy Cline CD from a bargain bin sale at a local store. I picked it up, glanced at it and almost put it back because while I can tolerate country music in small doses, I’m really not what I would call a fan. I knew of Patsy Cline, of course, me being a fellow Virginian and the child of a man who thought Hee Haw was quality tv (yet another dignified program from my childhood!). I was familiar with the song “Crazy” but no others. I thought “Oh why not ... give it a try!”. I am so glad I did! I love her voice ... that gal can belt them out, that’s for sure! While not her most well known recordings, these two are my personal favorites.

The first one is “Lovesick Blues”. Love that finale and the song is hard to get out of my head! I noted also how in this recording she’s not “performing” like singers do today. She’s standing still and letting her voice have center stage. Maybe that was a carryover from being a radio star?

This second one is “Walkin’ Dream”. Any other Patsy Cline fans out there? I’m still not a country music fan but I’ve definitely become a Patsy Cline fan. Another musical talent that perished in a plane crash ...way too many of those!

valerie

Patsy Cline

Post by valerie »

I've loved Miss Patsy for a long, long time. Glad you 'found' her!

Did you know the song "Blue" by LeAnn Rimes was originally

written for Patsy? LeAnn did a great job with it, but I would

have loved to hear Patsy sing it...
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

along-for-the-ride

Patsy Cline

Post by along-for-the-ride »

She was recovering from an auto accident as she sang the song above.

I recommend the movie, "Sweet Dreams" starring Jessica Lange as Patsy. Great bio pic.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Kathy Ellen

Patsy Cline

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Tabby,

Like Valerie...waves to Val:-4... I absolutely adore Patsy Cline. My family and I went to New York a few years ago and saw a play about Patsy called "Sweet Dreams." It was in a small theater, and we had front row seats. It was absolutely wonderful....forgot the name of singer, but she had a voice like Patsy.

Some of my favs are Crazy, Sweet Dreams, and I Fall to Pieces. I still cry when I hear these songs.

tabby

Patsy Cline

Post by tabby »

valerie;1376189 wrote: I've loved Miss Patsy for a long, long time. Glad you 'found' her!

Did you know the song "Blue" by LeAnn Rimes was originally

written for Patsy? LeAnn did a great job with it, but I would

have loved to hear Patsy sing it...

No, I didn't know and I wasn't familiar with the song so I went back to YouTube and did a search. I found LeAnn's rendition and her style is very reminiscent of Patsy's. I can definitely imagine Patsy Cline singing that song!
LarsMac

Patsy Cline

Post by LarsMac »

When I was a kid, my grandparents had an AM radio that sat on the fridge, and was turned on as soon as Grandma started the fire in the stove. Patsy was a regular on that station.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
tabby

Patsy Cline

Post by tabby »

Kathy Ellen & along-for-the-ride, thank you both for posting those beautiful ballads! What a great legacy, to have people still discovering and enjoying her voice/talent all these years later!
tabby

Patsy Cline

Post by tabby »

LarsMac;1376242 wrote: When I was a kid, my grandparents had an AM radio that sat on the fridge, and was turned on as soon as Grandma started the fire in the stove. Patsy was a regular on that station.

Good company while bustling about the kitchen ... I bet she couldn't get some of those songs out of her head too! :yh_wink
fuzzywuzzy

Patsy Cline

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I sing Patsy Cline songs tabby. She does a great version of "Wayward wind" and "Your cheating heart"
along-for-the-ride

Patsy Cline

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
tabby

Patsy Cline

Post by tabby »

fuzzywuzzy;1376298 wrote: I sing Patsy Cline songs tabby. She does a great version of "Wayward wind" and "Your cheating heart"

Do you sing professionally? Or in the privacy of your own home like I do?? Great choice of songs to choose from! Didn't Hank Williams write "Your Cheating Heart"? I think he wrote a few others of hers too so there must have been some collaboration between them!
fuzzywuzzy

Patsy Cline

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I sing sometimes at the pub when requested ...buys me my drinks i guess. lol lol lol

Everyone sings Hanks' songs ...he was a country master. I'm not into the country and western genre. There's only so many' My bleeding heart' songs I can handle ...love Dolly though .
tabby

Patsy Cline

Post by tabby »

"Love Letters in the Sand" ... beautiful! That one isn't on my CD & neither is "Wayward Wind".
tabby

Patsy Cline

Post by tabby »

fuzzywuzzy;1376333 wrote: I sing sometimes at the pub when requested ...buys me my drinks i guess. lol lol lol

I would have to have the drinks prior to having the nerve to sing!
tabby

Patsy Cline

Post by tabby »

It was 50 years ago on March 5th that Patsy Cline was killed in the plane crash.

Peg

Patsy Cline

Post by Peg »

I absolutely love her voice. She could sing the alphabet and make it sound great.

Return to “Music”