Creedence Clearwater Revival - Misheard Lyrics

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
tabby

Post by tabby »

I love CCR's music (me and Dude Lebowski!) and I really got a kick out of this misheard lyrics video. Even though I know the real words, I know I'll snicker and think of this video's version next time I hear the song.

My favorite CCR song is "Lookin' Out My Backdoor". Any other fans here? I know they're "of another time" but who cares? I enjoy them!
theia

Post by theia »

tabby;1373558 wrote:

I love CCR's music (me and Dude Lebowski!) and I really got a kick out of this misheard lyrics video. Even though I know the real words, I know I'll snicker and think of this video's version next time I hear the song.

My favorite CCR song is "Lookin' Out My Backdoor". Any other fans here? I know they're "of another time" but who cares? I enjoy them!

I just love "there's a bathroom on the right"...and "chili-ann" :wah:
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

I have worn out, lost or loaned about a dozen of CCR's greatest hits cd. My favorite song has to be either "Fortunate Son" or "Long as I can See the Light".
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Usually known as Mondegreens and some of them can be hilarious and much better than the original words.

The name goes back to 1954 and the term was coined because :-

In the essay, Wright described how, as a young girl, she misheard the last line of the first stanza from the 17th-century ballad "The Bonny Earl O'Moray". She wrote:

When I was a child, my mother used to read aloud to me from Percy's Reliques, and one of my favorite poems began, as I remember:

Ye Highlands and ye Lowlands,

Oh, where hae ye been?

They hae slain the Earl O' Moray,

And Lady Mondegreen.

The actual fourth line is "And laid him on the green". Wright explained the need for a new term: "The point about what I shall hereafter call mondegreens, since no one else has thought up a word for them, is that they are better than the original."
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I had a co-worker that thought it was "I see a baboon a-rising" so I added "I see monkeys on the way".

Return to “Music”