Lady Gaga concert in Dublin

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

This morning tickets went on sale for a Lady Gaga concert here in Dublin. I thought it would make nice combined birthday gift for two of my daughters, and as they are under 16 they need to be accompanied by an adult, so I was getting one for my wife as well.

I logged onto Ticketmaster and put in for three tickets.

The price came up at €210.00. I thought, OK and continued.

Then it showed a total of €645.00 (including service charge)

They were €210.00 each….. €210.00…… each...

WTF?

She isn’t that good

They’ll be getting something else for their birthdays.

Who can afford to pay that for one concert?

No wonder Ireland has the highest dept in Europe.
spot

Post by spot »

The O2 booking site has them listed at €54.80 to €91.25

LADY GAGA // The O2 Dublin
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

mikeinie;1305321 wrote: This morning tickets went on sale for a Lady Gaga concert here in Dublin. I thought it would make nice combined birthday gift for two of my daughters, and as they are under 16 they need to be accompanied by an adult, so I was getting one for my wife as well.

I logged onto Ticketmaster and put in for three tickets.

The price came up at €210.00. I thought, OK and continued.

Then it showed a total of €645.00 (including service charge)

They were €210.00 each….. €210.00…… each...

WTF?

She isn’t that good

They’ll be getting something else for their birthdays.

Who can afford to pay that for one concert?

No wonder Ireland has the highest dept in Europe.

Blimey, tickets were much cheaper to see her in Wales, I would have gone but uni got in the way. Friends went and it was not a sell out, they weren't at all impressed, so yes, save your money! :wah:
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

you would have to pay me that much to go and see her :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

spot;1305322 wrote: The O2 booking site has them listed at €54.80 to €91.25

LADY GAGA // The O2 Dublin

Ya it does,

Then you go onto ticketmaster and there are three listing:

Lady Gaga - €54 - €91

Lady Gaga – Paparazzi - €190

Lady Gaga – Fame package - €210

All the shyte seats way up in the back are 54 – 91

Standing is 190 and good seats are 210.

Never seen anything like it before.

buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Why would anybody want to sit down at a Lady Ga Ga gig or any gig come to think of it. :-3

I don't like all this seated malarkey, gigs are for dancing, bouncing up and down and having a great time.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

buttercup;1305335 wrote: Why would anybody want to sit down at a Lady Ga Ga gig or any gig come to think of it. :-3

I don't like all this seated malarkey, gigs are for dancing, bouncing up and down and having a great time.

It is not so much for sitting down, you can still stand and bop up and down and stuff in the seating section. I like it though because it is tiered and too often I have been on the floor areas and can’t see a thing because the guy in front has his girlfriend up on his shoulders or something.

The view is better.
spot

Post by spot »

mikeinie;1305345 wrote: too often I have been on the floor areas and can’t see a thing because the guy in front has his girlfriend up on his shoulders or something.

The view is better.Surely that depends on what she's wearing...
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
sir rodney effing

Post by sir rodney effing »

the last concert i went to was at sheffield city hall

that was £4 for the cheap seats at the back and £5 for the front seats.

when the lights went down and the stewards went out everyone nipped in to the £5 seats happy memories but couldnt afford it now.

the human leauge at newark free festival where fantastic though they never had another one after that

the 80,s at clumber park is £41 and lasts 4 hours i wouldnt pay that just to see the HL on a 30 minute set.
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Welcome to the garden :-6
sir rodney effing

Post by sir rodney effing »

buttercup;1305438 wrote: Welcome to the garden :-6

thanks sweetie
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Nothing sweet about me mate :wah:
spot

Post by spot »

buttercup;1305442 wrote: Nothing sweet about me mate :wah:

Nor, come to that, about matey.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

sir rodney effing;1305434 wrote: the last concert i went to was at sheffield city hall

that was £4 for the cheap seats at the back and £5 for the front seats.

when the lights went down and the stewards went out everyone nipped in to the £5 seats happy memories but couldnt afford it now.

the human leauge at newark free festival where fantastic though they never had another one after that

the 80,s at clumber park is £41 and lasts 4 hours i wouldnt pay that just to see the HL on a 30 minute set.

The cost of pantomime is sky high too.

Return to “Music”