Susan Boyle's album smashes sales records!

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
G-man

Post by G-man »

Susan Boyle continues to break sales records with her debut album, I Dreamed a Dream. The album is number one on the Billboard 200 albums chart with 701,000 copies sold in its first week.

Boyle's CD sales were the largest number sold in 2009, beating out the record-holder Eminem and other artists such as U2. She also has the largest ever sales debut for a female artist, a feat which is remarkable considering where Boyle came from and the fact that almost all of her sales were actual CDs.

Who here has bought a copy or are planning on buying it?

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I will I think she has a fantastic voice. Good for her she deserves ever bit of it she has a true gift. :guitarist
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

G-man

Post by G-man »

CARLA;1269305 wrote: I will I think she has a fantastic voice. Good for her she deserves ever bit of it she has a true gift. :guitarist

I'm glad to hear someone like her is seeing her dream come true. It's very inspiring. :D

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

How Fascinating.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Hey and she's British !!! LOL You just can't keep a good Scot down !!! ;):D
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Barman

Post by Barman »

She has a few screws loose i reckon, shoot her.:wah:
gmc

Post by gmc »

Barman;1269383 wrote: She has a few screws loose i reckon, shoot her.:wah:

Actually a lot of the nastier criticism devolves distils down to ugly people with special needs living in a council house shouldn't get above their station in life.

The more patronising criticism distils down to ugly people with special needs should be cosseted and not allowed to get above their station in life because the poor dear just can't cope with it all and needs to be protected from the consequences of having the temerity to take a chance to put herself forward and if people really cared someone would have stopped her.

Everybody else thinks good for you but don't feel compelled to buy the CD.
Barman

Post by Barman »

gmc;1269395 wrote: Actually a lot of the nastier criticism devolves distils down to ugly people with special needs living in a council house shouldn't get above their station in life.

The more patronising criticism distils down to ugly people with special needs should be cosseted and not allowed to get above their station in life because the poor dear just can't cope with it all and needs to be protected from the consequences of having the temerity to take a chance to put herself forward and if people really cared someone would have stopped her.

Everybody else thinks good for you but don't feel compelled to buy the CD.

I know there are a lot of people out there that think the same as me in all seriousness. She will not be able to cope, it is all about Cowell and co.

Shame on the lot of them, tis nought but a circus.

Still keeps a lot of people fooled that it is all about her.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I lean towards agreeing with Barman.

I am sure she could have the recording career without the public side of the fame game, but she is a bit of an oddity and that is what gives her that extra facet.

As an aside apparently the bookies are not to give odds for Christmas number one, due to the fact it's ALWAYS the X Factor winner that swings it, with the Cowell machine behind them.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

Barman;1269398 wrote: I know there are a lot of people out there that think the same as me in all seriousness. She will not be able to cope, it is all about Cowell and co.

Still keeps a lot of people fooled that it is all about her. Bang On Mate. :guitarist:guitarist
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Post by gmc »

Barman;1269398 wrote: I know there are a lot of people out there that think the same as me in all seriousness. She will not be able to cope, it is all about Cowell and co.

Still keeps a lot of people fooled that it is all about her.

She was the one who had the get up and go to get on a bus, go through to glasgow stand up on stage and wow the audience. Not Simon cowell or anyone else just her, no one made her do it. It may be a circus but she chose to run away and join it, Good luck to her. Like I said the criticism is in two camps-she shouldn't be doing it because of who and what she is or poor dear she can't cope. Imagine being told all your life you are inadequate.

Look at that first performance-she knew exactly what people were thinking. She's sticking two fingers up to the world and going for it. Good luck to her and up yours you miserable bastards.
Barman

Post by Barman »

She also sounds crap, up yours too.:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1269412 wrote:

Look at that first performance-she knew exactly what people were thinking. She's sticking two fingers up to the world and going for it. Good luck to her and up yours you miserable bastards.
I don't know alot about the woman but I do believe that she knew she had a special voice. She never did anything about It from what I've read and only went on that derge of a programme to stick two fingers up. Then the £ signs lit up in Cowells eyes. With a voice like that, she could have got a deal far earlier in life but from what I have read, she had no aspirations of that kind until she met that wanker.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

oscar;1269428 wrote: I don't know alot about the woman but I do believe that she knew she had a special voice. She never did anything about It from what I've read and only went on that derge of a programme to stick two fingers up. Then the £ signs lit up in Cowells eyes. With a voice like that, she could have got a deal far earlier in life but from what I have read, she had no aspirations of that kind until she met that wanker.

I first saw her via someone's post here. Great voice! Equally don't know much about her but doubt she'd have got a deal earlier because of her looks. It's unfair, but that's the way the world very often works.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1269428 wrote: I don't know alot about the woman but I do believe that she knew she had a special voice. She never did anything about It from what I've read and only went on that derge of a programme to stick two fingers up. Then the £ signs lit up in Cowells eyes. With a voice like that, she could have got a deal far earlier in life but from what I have read, she had no aspirations of that kind until she met that wanker.

She didn't meet him until she went on the x Factor. Like i said if you are told all your life that you are inadequate you tend to believe it. It's like all these bankers being told they are exceptionally valuable personnel-they actually believe it and want their bonuses.

That wanker probably doesn't give a **** if people think he is a wanker.

posted by barman

She also sounds crap, up yours too.

Then don't buy the CD:D
Barman

Post by Barman »

gmc;1269474 wrote: She didn't meet him until she went on the x Factor. Like i said if you are told all your life that you are inadequate you tend to believe it. It's like all these bankers being told they are exceptionally valuable personnel-they actually believe it and want their bonuses.

That wanker probably doesn't give a **** if people think he is a wanker.

posted by barman

Then don't buy the CD:D#

There is a CD:eek::wah::p
G-man

Post by G-man »

Clodhopper;1269468 wrote: I first saw her via someone's post here. Great voice! Equally don't know much about her but doubt she'd have got a deal earlier because of her looks. It's unfair, but that's the way the world very often works.

We're generally such a superficial society that more often than not, it's the girl with the crap voice, but has the looks, that gets the recording contract. We've all seen American Idol and know that Cowell is still one of these superficial individuals, regardless of his promoting Boyle. He's just willing to overlook her looks for the "green".

abbey

Post by abbey »

Barman;1269481 wrote: #

There is a CD:eek::wah::p
That's what the thread's about you twonk! :wah:
Barman

Post by Barman »

abbey;1269614 wrote: That's what the thread's about you twonk! :wah:

:o double:o:o:wah:

Return to “Music”