Originals-ForumGarden Talent

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I put this under music but I intend this thread to be a one for self expression through music, poems, writings or whatever else is your passion.

Personally, I don't have one to share right now, but I'd like to show you my son's band Aoru Mora- No one's fooled. they have a small local following. My son is on bass in this one.

Yaaarrrgg and his brother has quite a bit of great music scattered around the internet. Hopefully he'll share it with us.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
abbey

Post by abbey »

Cool band :cool:
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

My best friend's son.

YouTube - Anthony Flammia: Forecast (take 2!!!!)

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Your sons group is very good liked it a lot. :guitarist

Anthony Flammia: Forecast (take 2!!!!) - This young man is extremely talented. :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Robert J wow, they are good. The song's very catchy. Also the recording quality is great ... is that from a home studio? :)

Here's one I wrote/recorded. I was trying to make a film-score sounding piece, though it's a bit rough in spots. It's all done on a Korg Triton synth:

http://www.negotiate-it.com/media/kseif ... yage_2.mp3

later,

Kevin
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Ian;1265995 wrote: Forumgardens got talent :)

Could you rename the thread Robert to the name above? ...... please :)

I'm enjoying this :)

Chonsi should post some of her poetry and Nomads should post his dads book...Thats fine with me, Ian. A mod needs to do it I think though. Feel free any mod willing to give Ian that which he requests.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

yaaarrrgg;1265947 wrote: RJ wow, they are good. The song's very catchy. Also the recording quality is great ... is that from a home studio? :)

Here's one I wrote/recorded. I was trying to make a film-score sounding piece, though it's a bit rough in spots. It's all done on a Korg Triton synth:

later,

KevinI think one of the band members have a home studio thing. My son has a digital recorder but I'm not sure if thats the one they used.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

yaaarrrgg;1265947 wrote: Robert J wow, they are good. The song's very catchy. Also the recording quality is great ... is that from a home studio? :)

later,

KevinBy the way, Kevin, that was great, you amaze me.

Heres my son's bands latest. Sounds like a John Lennon song.

YouTube - All I want to do

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Odie

Post by Odie »

Ahso!;1265241 wrote: I put this under music but I intend this thread to be a one for self expression through music, poems, writings or whatever else is your passion.

Personally, I don't have one to share right now, but I'd like to show you my son's band Aoru Mora- No one's fooled. they have a small local following. My son is on bass in this one.

Yaaarrrgg and his brother has quite a bit of great music scattered around the internet. Hopefully he'll share it with us.

fabulous voice!

fabulous band!

you must be so proud.:-4
Life is just to short for drama.
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Ahso!;1273518 wrote:

Heres my son's bands latest. Sounds like a John Lennon song.

YouTube - All I want to do

Wow .. that sounds great ... very clean and polished. It's a great video too.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

yaaarrrgg or Spot or anyone else that can assist, I want to put a couple of new songs on here but they are on my computer. How should I go about doing that? Thanks in advance.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
spot

Post by spot »

The last time I checked, the uploaded .mp3 attachment limit is set at 5MB. Find a file that's smaller and try attaching it to a post, it ought to work.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
dubs

Post by dubs »

Good stuff..:)

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

spot;1281403 wrote: Ther last time I checked, the uploaded .mp3 attachment limit is set at 5MB. Find a file that's smaller and try attaching it to a post, it ought to work.Thanks Spot.They are mp3's and only set to 976kb. i can put them on my forum and then link it but I don't want to hot link.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

dubs;1281406 wrote: Good stuff..:)Thanks! These newer ones are pretty good too.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

I would have liked to post some mp3s myself but the smallest I have is a little over 3Mbs. Its a shame the limit is so small.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Snowfire;1281413 wrote: I would have liked to post some mp3s myself but the smallest I have is a little over 3Mbs. Its a shame the limit is so small.Well, when we get this figured out, you can post them on my forum and link them, but we may need to wait for yaaarrrgg to return to find out how to do it. OTOH TS could increase the limit. My smallest is 4MB and the largest is about 12MB. We'll work it out.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Ahso!;1281415 wrote: Well, when we get this figured out, you can post them on my forum and link them, but we may need to wait for yaaarrrgg to return to find out how to do it. OTOH TS could increase the limit. My smallest is 4MB and the largest is about 12MB. We'll work it out.

Thanks ! I've been looking for away to post some of my sons stuff for a long time.

Is there a way to "capture" just a part of the track, perhaps, rather than the whole thing. That would then conform to the limit

Winston Churchill
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

One thing you can try, is use the web space where the negotiate-it forum is hosted, and ftp files up to the root (or some web folder like media). That way you are only limited by the space on the server (which should be unlimited according to the contract). Then you can post a link that will be like http://Domain/path/to/flie.mp3. That's how I posted my files... :)
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Snowfire;1281416 wrote: Thanks ! I've been looking for away to post some of my sons stuff for a long time.

Is there a way to "capture" just a part of the track, perhaps, rather than the whole thing. That would then conform to the limiti would be able to figure that out with my operating system, but if you're using windows, I would not know what program to use. Spot or Carla may be able to assist you with it.

The problem you may have is the cost of the program whereas mine is free. :)

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

"No-ones Fooled" What a great track. I'm genuinly impressed.

If you warmed the place up as bit, the guitarist wouldn't have to wear gloves :D

Winston Churchill
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

yaaarrrgg;1281417 wrote: One thing you can try, is use the web space where the negotiate-it forum is hosted, and ftp files up to the root (or some web folder like media). That way you are only limited by the space on the server (which should be unlimited according to the contract). Then you can post a link that will be like http://Domain/path/to/flie.mp3. That's how I posted my files... :)Ah, but then I wouldn't be able to assist Snowfire. Thanks, Kevin. Any other idea's?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Can we convert the mp3 to mp4? mp4 is more generous at 9MB.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

This is a track composed and produced entirely by my son, some 10-12 years ago when he was in his early 20's. He writes and plays very little now, concentrating on his work and family.

It may not be to everyone's taste. I think he's talented but of course to me he can do no wrong.

Most of his best stuff, on my pc is much larger than the 5mb allowed for upload, so this is just a sample. It's tagged as "Electronica" in respect of genre and comes from an album he produced but never released called "Popular Tunes for Elderly Ladies"

I have no idea whether this will work, as I have used a file hosting site to upload a track

Winston Churchill
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

No it didnt, let me try again

Winston Churchill
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

How 'bout now ?

Winston Churchill
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

The "manage attachments" box is telling me that it's an invalid URL

Winston Churchill
spot

Post by spot »

Ahso!;1281408 wrote: Thanks Spot.They are mp3's and only set to 976kb. i can put them on my forum and then link it but I don't want to hot link.

Tombstone changes the limit up to 5MB when he's reminded, but I think it trips down to the vBulletin default during upgrades. If you "Contact Us" with a note I'm sure he'll oblige again. The FG mods can't get to that part of the administrator functions.

Just to see if it works, rename an mp3 with an mp4 suffix, it might still play and Snowfire says the limit's higher.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

spot;1281432 wrote: Tombstone changes the limit up to 5MB when he's reminded, but I think it trips down to the vBulletin default during upgrades. If you "Contact Us" with a note I'm sure he'll oblige again. The FG mods can't get to that part of the administrator functions.

Just to see if it works, rename an mp3 with an mp4 suffix, it might still play and Snowfire says the limit's higher.I can't just rename it, can I? Don't I need to open it with a converter? Theres a Perl Audio Converter on Sourceforge but I'm not comfortable playing with it. I'll check out audacity.

Just to be clear, linking from my site to here would be considered hotlinking, even though its audio?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Isn't there a free microsoft movie maker on windows? Or something like that?

If the mp3 can be saved as a movie (or even with a single picture for the audio) , you can upload it to youtube and stream it from there. Used to there were a bunch of sites that allowed uploading and streaming music, but now it's mostly all for videos.

I think myspace has an option to upload 5 mp3's too if you have a music profile, although I haven't tried that.
spot

Post by spot »

Ahso!;1281433 wrote: I can't just rename it, can I? Don't I need to open it with a converter? Theres a Perl Audio Converter on Sourceforge but I'm not comfortable playing with it. I'll check out audacity.

Just to be clear, linking from my site to here would be considered hotlinking, even though its audio?

I reckon renaming would work but I've not tried it. I think the player goes by the filer's internal content when deciding how to decode it.

Hotlinking, as I understand it, is providing an embedded offsite link with, for example, IMG tags or OBJECT html code. Putting up a hyperlink is acceptable. It's a question of whether the user gets data automatically or has to click to make the connection.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

spot;1281487 wrote: I reckon renaming would work but I've not tried it. I think the player goes by the filer's internal content when deciding how to decode it.

Hotlinking, as I understand it, is providing an embedded offsite link with, for example, IMG tags or OBJECT html code. Putting up a hyperlink is acceptable. It's a question of whether the user gets data automatically or has to click to make the connection.Thanks, Spot, thats what I was thinking too.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

this is my son's other band Beech Tree. they don't have the connections Auro Mora has so its just music - no video. Also, the recording isn't polished yet and theres a little too much reverb in the girls voice.

My son plays guitar in this one and his current girlfriend sings. The song was written by the drummer. Good song!

http://socialdiscussionforum.com/forum/ ... f=17&t=523

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

4 more songs from Auro Mora.

socialdiscussionforum.com • View topic - Aoru Mora

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

This is another attempt at posting a piece of my son's music. Inspired by a track from "The Killing Fields" by Mike Oldfield. Written, produced entirely by him with the help of one or two instruments, his pc

socialdiscussionforum.com • View topic - Track; Pran's Return

Thanks to Ahso for the help

Winston Churchill
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Ian;1284768 wrote: That's very good, I hope he's still making music?

is there any more?

Thanks. Not very much at all. Family and work take up most of his time but I'm pressing him to do some more

Another of my son's tracks, again composed and produced entirely by him, one or two instruments and a sample or two.

The title has no literal meaning its just one of those bizarre, surreal titles this type of music generates

BTW my son goes by the name of CO4

socialdiscussionforum.com • View topic - Track; My Sofa Said

Winston Churchill
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Ian;1265995 wrote: Forumgardens got talent :)

Could you rename the thread Robert to the name above? ...... please :)

I'm enjoying this :)

Chonsi should post some of her poetry and Nomads should post his dads book...

Ahso!;1265996 wrote: Thats fine with me, Ian. A mod needs to do it I think though. Feel free any mod willing to give Ian that which he requests.

Title changed Ian & Ahso..

Some real talent being posted here, love your sons band Ahso, id buy that right now:-6

EDIT...Sorry Ahso, didnt see any indication that the title had previously been changed, put it back to how it was, sorry ;)
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Chezzie;1284853 wrote: Title changed Ian & Ahso..

Some real talent being posted here, love your sons band Ahso, id buy that right now:-6
Well Mustang had already changed the title to what I had asked for but thats fine.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Snowfire;1284745 wrote: This is another attempt at posting a piece of my son's music. Inspired by a track from "The Killing Fields" by Mike Oldfield. Written, produced entirely by him with the help of one or two instruments, his pc

socialdiscussionforum.com • View topic - Track; Pran's Return

Thanks to Ahso for the helpThanks for sharing, Snowfire, sounds great!:)

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

My son's current partner. El El, featuring Laura Luce.

el el on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Ahso!;1337984 wrote: My son's current partner. El El, featuring Laura Luce.

"Is it Special" Great track. Like that a lot

Winston Churchill
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Snowfire;1337985 wrote: "Is it Special" Great track. Like that a lotShe wrote that one about my son. Shes never taken a lesson.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Odie

Post by Odie »

Ahso!;1337986 wrote: She wrote that one about my son. Shes never taken a lesson.

She has great talent!:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Ahso!;1337984 wrote: My son's current partner. El El, featuring Laura Luce.

Sounds good. :) The chord progressions are very interesting... they shift between minor and majors, and chromatic jumps.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

yaaarrrgg;1338104 wrote: Sounds good. :) The chord progressions are very interesting... they shift between minor and majors, and chromatic jumps.I haven't got a clue what is going on technically, I just know what I like. To me it sounds like classy saloon music, and I like the style. My personal favorite on that page is Hands To The Plow.

It's good to see you.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Return to “Music”