In Honour of Mary Travers - Peter Paul and Mary

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Sorry, Pam, I hadn't heard - does this mean that she has died? I quite enjoyed Peter, Paul and Mary. Another sad passing. :(
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Yes, Gilly, there's another thread. Please clean up the thread I messed if you can. I thought I was in the forum where I could embed a video, and didn't intend to double post.. :-6

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

AussiePam;1243348 wrote: Yes, Gilly, there's another thread. Please clean up the thread I messed if you can. I thought I was in the forum where I could embed a video, and didn't intend to double post.. :-6

Do you want me to delete that thread?

Edit:-

I have deleted the relevant thread, Pam.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Thanks Gilly!!

FUBAR

Post by FUBAR »

Sadly missed..............:-1
spot

Post by spot »

Thank you Pam, a thread about her was worth posting.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Peg

Post by Peg »

AussiePam;1243344 wrote:

I was suprised to hear her do this song.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Thank you for posting this info Pam. I loved Mary. She was the heart of this fabulous group. She will be so missed by me:-1 In fact, when I sing some songs by this group, while harmonizing with family/friends, I always take Mary's part.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I've been playing a few of their songs today, Kathy. All peace marches and the merriment of the 60s. Here's a gentle, melancholy one

along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

What a powerful voice when she sang "If I had a Hammer"

******damn Pam...I can't embed a youtube...could you post Mary's song "If I had a hammer" for me.....Thanks....I can't even post a link to it now:thinking:
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Sorry for the delay, Kathy.. it's Saturday morning here and Him Indoors needed his weekly plate of good English bacon and eggs!!!

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Pam...question....I still can't understand why I can't embed a youtube. i copy/paste and when I post it....it only shows the written words not the actual video. Do you think that I'm missing something in my ability to post a video?

Thank you for posting that song...it raaaazkkkkksssss:wah:
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I couldn't embed the videos either, Kathy and after trying everything, including viewing the page sources, I gave up and asked for help.

In FG you can only embed in this part of the forum, not in other areas. That was my problem.

In you tube just go to the bit on the top right where it gives you the code options URL Embed. Highlight and copy the embed one - you need to make sure you copy the whole bit not just the visible bit - then past it in here.. and she'll be apples, sport!

Here's Blowing in the Wind

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Ahhhh Pam...I do all of that, but it still doesn't work. I think that I'm just missing some software on my computer and I really need to have a teckie person look into it...pffff...like that's ever gonna happen...imagine me giving my laptop to anyone for an extended period:yh_rotfl I can't live without it.:-1
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Kathy, can you see the embed code on you tube? If you can see that, and if you can select, copy and paste, I can't see how it can't work.

Attached files

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

AussiePam;1243761 wrote: Kathy, can you see the embed code on you tube? If you can see that, and if you can select, copy and paste, I can't see how it can't work. ?????

Pam, I do that and I'll show you in a bit. I go to youtube.com, copy/paste in the embed part and then paste in FG in the appropriate forums and only see the written word.... I'll try it in the next post....
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Here's what happens Pam....

">

name="allowFullScreen" value="true">YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. http:>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Kathy's paste

">

name="allowFullScreen" value="true">YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. http:>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

My code, minus some angle brackets..

object width="425" height="344"

param name="movie" value="

</object

-----------------------------------------

Maybe one or our resident experts can explain the difference???? It's the object code you've somehow lost. I wonder if you're getting the beginning of the embed code. Maybe you need to put your pointer in the code then holding down the shift key, hit the home key, then the end key.. and try again.???????

Yes, I reckon it's got to be that. The code is only half copying.

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

AussiePam;1243770 wrote: Kathy's paste

">

name="allowFullScreen" value="true">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

param name="movie" value="">

embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

-----------------------------------------

Maybe one or our resident experts can explain the difference???? It's the object code you've somehow lost. I wonder if you're getting the beginning of the embed code. Maybe you need to put your pointer in the code then holding down the shift key, hit the home key, then the end key.. and try again.???????

Yes, I reckon it's got to be that. The code is only half copying.

Thanks Pam...dunno what the problem is...just been told by one of our members in FG that I'm just too stupid that I can't figure it out because they gave me the directions as to how to do it...:confused:

~~~~sigh~~~~
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Kathy Ellen;1243774 wrote: Thanks Pam...dunno what the problem is...just been told by one of our members in FG that I'm just too stupid that I can't figure it out because they gave me the directions as to how to do it...:confused:

~~~~sigh~~~~

I should think that one member of FG telling another member of FG they were stupid came under the incivility rule of TOS 1.0. Who on earth could wish to insult one of our most loved members in such a way? So soon after we all got reminded too????

:confused:

spot

Post by spot »

AussiePam;1243770 wrote: Kathy's paste

">

param name="movie" value=" first is Youtube's URL code, the second is Youtube's Embed code. The URL code will go into any ForumGarden post. The Embed will only go into forum areas which are enabled for embedding - the ones designated for Video clips. There's not many of those.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Kathy Ellen;1243774 wrote: Thanks Pam...dunno what the problem is...just been told by one of our members in FG that I'm just too stupid that I can't figure it out because they gave me the directions as to how to do it...:confused:

~~~~sigh~~~~

AussiePam;1243787 wrote: I should think that one member of FG telling another member of FG they were stupid came under the incivility rule of TOS 1.0. Who on earth could wish to insult one of our most loved members in such a way? So soon after we all got reminded too????

:confused:

Indeed, would you like to report it please Kathy.

Return to “Music”